Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. In a roundabout way you proved my point precisely. The left sets up buzzword snares and PC guilt traps to prevent an actual conversation when you approach it as a privileged identity.

what conversation are you being prevented from having?

j170z1uj72k9ckhpfd08.gif

That press conference was a farce and a disgrace. We're fucked. He lives in an alternate reality.

what conversation are you being prevented from having?

Pages back I made an assertion that the media overhype's instances inartful statements made by conservatives into full blown racism.

It was explain to me that I was whitesplaining since I have never experienced racism because I am a white straight male.

I was commenting on the media's tendency to ramp things up to the nth degree. Several posters closed ranks to protect the narrative and tried to run me through the social justice buzzsaw.

For these reasons conversations in FYM and society tend to get bogged down into self-reinforcing bubble trench warfare.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Pages back I made an assertion that the media overhype's instances inartful statements made by conservatives into full blown racism.

It was explain to me that I was whitesplaining since I have never experienced racism because I am a white straight male.

I was commenting on the media's tendency to ramp things up to the nth degree. Several posters closed ranks to protect the narrative and tried to run me through the social justice buzzsaw.

For these reasons conversations in FYM and society tend to get bogged down into self-reinforcing bubble trench warfare.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

OK, so you're basically disagreeing about what's considered racist and how the media reacts to it. One man's "inartful" is another's "racist." That sounds like a conversation being had, and you were on the wrong side of it.

Nobody is shutting down conversations about race and gender equality. They're occurring more than they have in my lifetime, and in my mid 30s.

Here's something that I've come to understand: if something is called racist or sexist it's best to accept it because as a white person isn't the best judge of how something may be experienced by a black person. Likewise, a man is not the best judge of what a woman should find to be sexist. That's a sexist way of looking at the problem.

Interesting you mention that. Seems to be Hillary and the Democratic party's playbook right now

this is true. they are refusing to examine their failures. But! Though it's not been proven it's looking pretty likely that Russia has been trying to get Trump in for a long time. There's the hacking thing, but there's also his longstanding relationships with shady Russians, and a few of his cabinet picks are super cozy with Russia/Putin. The law firm his lawyer works for just won Russia's Law Firm of the Year award ffs! Also, he hired hookers to watch them pee on a bed there. You only do that where you're most comfortable.

Here's something that I've come to understand: if something is called racist or sexist it's best to accept it because as a white person isn't the best judge of how something may be experienced by a black person. Likewise, a man is not the best judge of what a woman should find to be sexist.

and where we get "mansplaining" and "whitesplaining" is the presumption that white people and men are the best arbiters of deciding what is and what isn't racist and sexist, and that if a black person or a woman were to think they have experienced racism or sexism, they should check with a white person or a man to make sure that the intention actually was racism or sexism or if they are being too sensitive.

and where we get "mansplaining" and "whitesplaining" is the presumption that white people and men are the best arbiters of deciding what is and what isn't racist and sexist, and that if a black person or a woman were to think they have experienced racism or sexism, they should check with a white person or a man to make sure that the intention actually was racism or sexism or if they are being too sensitive.

Well said

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

As a woman, I'm waiting for Oregoropa's 10 levels of sexism so that I can use it in the corporate world next time I think something is sexist. God knows a man would know better.

I just saw clips from that press conference of Trump's on TV earlier. Lord almighty, that was embarrassing. How the hell are people still defending this asshole?

On the note of sexism, when I was watching Obama speak about his wife last night, all I kept thinking (alongside "Awww") was, "See, Trump? This is what showing genuine respect towards a woman looks like."

Yeah, Oregoropa, that's totally comparable to Trump ranting at everyone in sight and calling people names. ????

The press did like Obama when he took office, yes. Know why? 'Cause Obama didn't act like an asshole to people.

And nothing in that clip negates my point that Trump's a jerk and anyone who voted for him should be flat out embarrassed by his behavior. You elected a creep to office. Own up to it already.

And nothing in that clip negates my point that Trump's a jerk and anyone who voted for him should be flat out embarrassed by his behavior. You elected a creep to office. Own up to it already.

Yeah I voted for him, and I would do it again. He's a bull in a China Shop, and the China Shop is our government which has descended into a cronyist morass over the past 20 years. 15 trillion in debt since 2000. It's time to break some china (no pun intended). I didn't watch the whole press conference, but I thoroughly enjoyed the parts that I did. The press has a lower trustworthy rating among the Public than the congressional favorability rating of ~15%.

CNN has truly become a joke. Proven collusion with the DNC against Bernie and Trump. If you say that is BS, then why was DWS forced to resign? That is not journalistic integrity of holding Truth to Power.

We have had 8 years of Obama bashing Fox News. Trump calls CNN 'fake news' and suddenly everybody is panicked that the 1st Amendment is on the chopping block.

Everybody take a deep breath.

I also love how the right is laughing at CNN as if the left likes them.

I blame CNN largely for where we are today. It's their 20 years of "presenting both sides" and "both sides do it" false equivocating and their running of Trump's events, speeches, interviews 24/7 for the last year that contributed to him getting elected. Appalling behaviour driven by ratings/money.

So they can go fuck right off along with the revolting Trump.

Yeah I voted for him, and I would do it again. He's a bull in a China Shop, and the China Shop is our government which has descended into a cronyist morass over the past 20 years. 15 trillion in debt since 2000. It's time to break some china (no pun intended). I didn't watch the whole press conference, but I thoroughly enjoyed the parts that I did. The press has a lower trustworthy rating among the Public than the congressional favorability rating of ~15%.

What Trump policies do you feel are going to address the issues you're concerned about?

I'm convinced Don Lemon is double agent working for Trump. Making a fool of himself non-stop in the past two weeks thus discrediting CNN further. Getting absolutely bombed on-air NYE in New Orleans (if you haven't seen the video its worth checking out) and seeming to run interference on serious outrage of the Chicago kidnappers-torturers of the mentally-challenged guy.

What Trump policies do you feel are going to address the issues you're concerned about?

Still waiting on your percentage of uncertainty on Climate . . .

We shouldn't pay attention to what Trump says and does. We should pay attention to what Kellyanne Conway says is in his heart.

Okaaaaaay, Kelly-A.

Do we not not remember the phrase(s)

1- Words have meaning.
2- Words have consequences.

So either, stfu Kelly, or have the President-Elect send a
team to go into the future grab Mr Spock, or Deanna Troy and have them tell us what's "in his heart.

Irvine glad you and your guy had a lovely Mediterranean vacation! (Slow reply, no WiFi at home)

CNN has truly become a joke. Proven collusion with the DNC against Bernie and Trump. If you say that is BS, then why was DWS forced to resign? That is not journalistic integrity of holding Truth to Power.

We have had 8 years of Obama bashing Fox News. Trump calls CNN 'fake news' and suddenly everybody is panicked that the 1st Amendment is on the chopping block.

Everybody take a deep breath.

Trump will add $5.3 trillion to the debt.

And if you're waiting for certainty about climate change you might want to check out research done by Exxon. They, BP, and 97 percent of climate scientists know what what's happening. As does everyone else who isn't si arrogant they think they know more about a topic than the most brilliant climate scientists is the world. We've known the heating effects of GHGs si CE the 1800s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom