Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad! - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #781
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post

You've been away, so maybe you don't know the new rules around here, but Oro over there now tells us when we're supposed to be worried about something, and whether or not something is racist. You just have to deal with it, that's the way things are.

After some thought you guys do have a point. I was whitesplaining. It is impossible to truly understand how it feels to look to be on the receiving end of racism. I'm sincerely saying this.

I approached the challenge of defending a broad brush painting of the Trump movement in a rhetorical style of a defense attorney. The use of a scale was a vehicle to say that certain media entities were driving certain statements up the scale. Thus making the movement more of a monster than it actually was.

Headache was the only poster to acknowledge my assertion in shorter form.

Not Racist
Ignorant
Racist

As a result of the conversation I have realized that I cannot fully say what is or isn't racist to a person.

Glad to know. With any debate or real life conversation in the future I have a new approach.

At the same point. We cannot exclude or diminish people from having an intellectual conversation on important sociological aspects of society because of their skin color and experience in life.



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

Oregoropa is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #782
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,617
Local Time: 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
#Cakegate

Not longer just for Oregon bakers


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
If an inauguration cake is now supposed to be a national outrage, it is going to be a hellishly long four years.
__________________

iron yuppie is online now  
Old 01-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #783
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,564
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
If an inauguration cake is now supposed to be a national outrage, it is going to be a hellishly long four years.

Baking cakes has been a national outrage for the last couple of years.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 01-21-2017, 12:30 PM   #784
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Jefferson Smith:The point is, sir, they're right. I'm just sitting in the Senate decorating a chair. Now, if-if I'm going to vote, I at least ought to try and study some of the bills that are coming up.

Senator Joseph Paine: The bills?

Jefferson Smith: Well, yes sir. Otherwise, I'm just a Christmas tiger, like they said.

Senator Joseph Paine: Jeff, these bills are put together by legal minds, after long study. Why, I-I-I can't understand ha-half of them myself - and I used to be a lawyer. Now, come on, forget it. When the time comes, I'll advise you how to vote.

~from the film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)



On January 29th 20016, Mr. Trump came to Washington and stuck it to the out-of-touch closed elite that acts on behalf of its own interests. The corrupt dominant elites (usually the orthodox politicians) and their camp followers (usually the rich and the intellectuals).

Trump’s speech was refreshingly unsophisticated. Unlike Obama’s speeches that railed on and on like an extended Grateful Dead song with a 40 minute jam session in between the drum solos. Trump’s speech was like a two minute Ramone’s song. He was direct and to the point. Almost half of his speech sounded like a Bernie Sander’s speech.

It rattled them. Seconds after it was over the mainstream media immediately jumped on it as crude, dark and unsophisticated speech, Chris Matthews called it Hitlerian. The Chicken Littles were all over scrambling to declare the end is near.

They still don’t get it. This is about the people.

Trump is not a Democrat or a Republican. He is not a conservative or a liberal.
He is a populist who understands that many Americans are sick and tired of the clowns in Washington. They want stuff done. They are sick of clowns trying to divide us and talking down to us. They are sick of taking most of the burden in managing the world ' hotspots and having our troops die in combat.

Now finally a president comes along and points all this garbage out and says he is going to help set a different agenda. He is going to give the power back to the we the people and work for us.

The tone in Washington is changing fast.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
the iron horse is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #785
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,939
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

Yeah, screw cakes. #teampie.
gump is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #786
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Jefferson Smith:The point is, sir, they're right. I'm just sitting in the Senate decorating a chair. Now, if-if I'm going to vote, I at least ought to try and study some of the bills that are coming up.

Senator Joseph Paine: The bills?

Jefferson Smith: Well, yes sir. Otherwise, I'm just a Christmas tiger, like they said.

Senator Joseph Paine: Jeff, these bills are put together by legal minds, after long study. Why, I-I-I can't understand ha-half of them myself - and I used to be a lawyer. Now, come on, forget it. When the time comes, I'll advise you how to vote.

~from the film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)



On January 29th 20016, Mr. Trump came to Washington and stuck it to the out-of-touch closed elite that acts on behalf of its own interests. The corrupt dominant elites (usually the orthodox politicians) and their camp followers (usually the rich and the intellectuals).

Trump’s speech was refreshingly unsophisticated. Unlike Obama’s speeches that railed on and on like an extended Grateful Dead song with a 40 minute jam session in between the drum solos. Trump’s speech was like a two minute Ramone’s song. He was direct and to the point. Almost half of his speech sounded like a Bernie Sander’s speech.

It rattled them. Seconds after it was over the mainstream media immediately jumped on it as crude, dark and unsophisticated speech, Chris Matthews called it Hitlerian. The Chicken Littles were all over scrambling to declare the end is near.

They still don’t get it. This is about the people.

Trump is not a Democrat or a Republican. He is not a conservative or a liberal.
He is a populist who understands that many Americans are sick and tired of the clowns in Washington. They want stuff done. They are sick of clowns trying to divide us and talking down to us. They are sick of taking most of the burden in managing the world ' hotspots and having our troops die in combat.

Now finally a president comes along and points all this garbage out and says he is going to help set a different agenda. He is going to give the power back to the we the people and work for us.

The tone in Washington is changing fast.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
i guess that's why you the people came out in droves to celebrate the inauguration

(i'm being sarcastic btw - thought i'd clarify just in case)
mama cass is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #787
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post



Trump’s speech was refreshingly unsophisticated.

It's rather disgusting that lowering the bar is found refreshing, rather than having someone who makes us strive to be better.

I find your falling over yourself for this man to be the most disappointing out of all of them. For over a decade I've seen you speak to your Christian values, principles of small government, and just like that you flushed all the principles down the drain. You've now embraced a morally bankrupt, big government demagogue and made everything you've preached about since joining FYM moot. It's disappointing.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #788
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
For over a decade I've seen you speak to your Christian values, principles of small government, and just like that you flushed all the principles down the drain. You've now embraced a morally bankrupt, big government demagogue and made everything you've preached about since joining FYM moot. It's disappointing.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
i can't help wondering how deliberately depriving people of health cover is in keeping with their "Christian" principles
mama cass is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #789
War Child
 
Hawkmoon269's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Lalaloopsy land
Posts: 928
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Hawkmoon269 is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #790
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
i guess that's why you the people came out in droves to celebrate the inauguration

(i'm being sarcastic btw - thought i'd clarify just in case)
Trumpets prefer an unsophisticated president as opposed to a sophisticated one like Obama! If they get a sophisticated one it's just too complicated for them to understand!
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #791
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Trump is not a Democrat or a Republican. He is not a conservative or a liberal.
Oh no. No, no, no. NO you do NOT.

He is a Republican and he is no Liberal. Don't try to stick us with your messes.

OWN HIM.

For fuck's sake.
anitram is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #792
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,564
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Please don't compare Trump to the Ramones. Rest assured they would hate him.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #793
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
After some thought you guys do have a point. I was whitesplaining. It is impossible to truly understand how it feels to look to be on the receiving end of racism. I'm sincerely saying this.

I approached the challenge of defending a broad brush painting of the Trump movement in a rhetorical style of a defense attorney. The use of a scale was a vehicle to say that certain media entities were driving certain statements up the scale. Thus making the movement more of a monster than it actually was.

Headache was the only poster to acknowledge my assertion in shorter form.

Not Racist
Ignorant
Racist

As a result of the conversation I have realized that I cannot fully say what is or isn't racist to a person.

Glad to know. With any debate or real life conversation in the future I have a new approach.

At the same point. We cannot exclude or diminish people from having an intellectual conversation on important sociological aspects of society because of their skin color and experience in life.



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Except everything on your list fell in the ignorant or hatred section, and the "ignorant" section is still pretty racist.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #794
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Trumpets prefer an unsophisticated president as opposed to a sophisticated one like Obama! If they get a sophisticated one it's just too complicated for them to understand!

Bear in mind Obama's nuanced triangulation, while at times perfectly suited for a complicated issue did not translate into a sense of leadership the Democratic Party could hang their hats on. Couldn't be packaged into a marketable campaign for liberals running for congress.

Not that everybody out there are rubes, they just have a shorter attention span in the 21st century.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #795
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 10:23 PM
These women's marches are incredible. Crowd in DC dwarfing Trump's. All over the country & the world. Good on you, ladies, if I wasn't deathly ill and in bed the last 3 days I'd be out there too.
anitram is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #796
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Bear in mind Obama's nuanced triangulation, while at times perfectly suited for a complicated issue did not translate into a sense of leadership the Democratic Party could hang their hats on. Couldn't be packaged into a marketable campaign for liberals running for congress.

Not that everybody out there are rubes, they just have a shorter attention span in the 21st century.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Everything wrong with Obama was when he acted too Republican/conservative.
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #797
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
These women's marches are incredible. Crowd in DC dwarfing Trump's. All over the country & the world. Good on you, ladies, if I wasn't deathly ill and in bed the last 3 days I'd be out there too.

Yes! This is a movement Trump, not your dismal vote count. These are record crowds, not that weak attendance you had yesterday.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #798
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,748
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
After some thought you guys do have a point. I was whitesplaining. It is impossible to truly understand how it feels to look to be on the receiving end of racism. I'm sincerely saying this.

I approached the challenge of defending a broad brush painting of the Trump movement in a rhetorical style of a defense attorney. The use of a scale was a vehicle to say that certain media entities were driving certain statements up the scale. Thus making the movement more of a monster than it actually was.

Headache was the only poster to acknowledge my assertion in shorter form.

Not Racist
Ignorant
Racist

As a result of the conversation I have realized that I cannot fully say what is or isn't racist to a person.

Glad to know. With any debate or real life conversation in the future I have a new approach.

At the same point. We cannot exclude or diminish people from having an intellectual conversation on important sociological aspects of society because of their skin color and experience in life.



Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
It's a start, at least.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #799
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Is there something I'm missing in this story? Is there some nuance that makes this not as big a deal as it seems?

utm_content=1485025926

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app
corianderstem is offline  
Old 01-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #800
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Ack, sorry.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...ent=1485025926

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________

corianderstem is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×