Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad! - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #781
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post

You've been away, so maybe you don't know the new rules around here, but Oro over there now tells us when we're supposed to be worried about something, and whether or not something is racist. You just have to deal with it, that's the way things are.

After some thought you guys do have a point. I was whitesplaining. It is impossible to truly understand how it feels to look to be on the receiving end of racism. I'm sincerely saying this.

I approached the challenge of defending a broad brush painting of the Trump movement in a rhetorical style of a defense attorney. The use of a scale was a vehicle to say that certain media entities were driving certain statements up the scale. Thus making the movement more of a monster than it actually was.

Headache was the only poster to acknowledge my assertion in shorter form.

Not Racist
Ignorant
Racist

As a result of the conversation I have realized that I cannot fully say what is or isn't racist to a person.

Glad to know. With any debate or real life conversation in the future I have a new approach.

At the same point. We cannot exclude or diminish people from having an intellectual conversation on important sociological aspects of society because of their skin color and experience in life.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 01-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #782
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
#Cakegate

Not longer just for Oregon bakers

If an inauguration cake is now supposed to be a national outrage, it is going to be a hellishly long four years.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #783
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
If an inauguration cake is now supposed to be a national outrage, it is going to be a hellishly long four years.

Baking cakes has been a national outrage for the last couple of years.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:30 PM   #784
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Jefferson Smith:The point is, sir, they're right. I'm just sitting in the Senate decorating a chair. Now, if-if I'm going to vote, I at least ought to try and study some of the bills that are coming up.

Senator Joseph Paine: The bills?

Jefferson Smith: Well, yes sir. Otherwise, I'm just a Christmas tiger, like they said.

Senator Joseph Paine: Jeff, these bills are put together by legal minds, after long study. Why, I-I-I can't understand ha-half of them myself - and I used to be a lawyer. Now, come on, forget it. When the time comes, I'll advise you how to vote.

~from the film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

On January 29th 20016, Mr. Trump came to Washington and stuck it to the out-of-touch closed elite that acts on behalf of its own interests. The corrupt dominant elites (usually the orthodox politicians) and their camp followers (usually the rich and the intellectuals).

Trump’s speech was refreshingly unsophisticated. Unlike Obama’s speeches that railed on and on like an extended Grateful Dead song with a 40 minute jam session in between the drum solos. Trump’s speech was like a two minute Ramone’s song. He was direct and to the point. Almost half of his speech sounded like a Bernie Sander’s speech.

It rattled them. Seconds after it was over the mainstream media immediately jumped on it as crude, dark and unsophisticated speech, Chris Matthews called it Hitlerian. The Chicken Littles were all over scrambling to declare the end is near.

They still don’t get it. This is about the people.

Trump is not a Democrat or a Republican. He is not a conservative or a liberal.
He is a populist who understands that many Americans are sick and tired of the clowns in Washington. They want stuff done. They are sick of clowns trying to divide us and talking down to us. They are sick of taking most of the burden in managing the world ' hotspots and having our troops die in combat.

Now finally a president comes along and points all this garbage out and says he is going to help set a different agenda. He is going to give the power back to the we the people and work for us.

The tone in Washington is changing fast.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #785
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

Yeah, screw cakes. #teampie.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #786
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Jefferson Smith:The point is, sir, they're right. I'm just sitting in the Senate decorating a chair. Now, if-if I'm going to vote, I at least ought to try and study some of the bills that are coming up.

Senator Joseph Paine: The bills?

Jefferson Smith: Well, yes sir. Otherwise, I'm just a Christmas tiger, like they said.

Senator Joseph Paine: Jeff, these bills are put together by legal minds, after long study. Why, I-I-I can't understand ha-half of them myself - and I used to be a lawyer. Now, come on, forget it. When the time comes, I'll advise you how to vote.

~from the film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)

On January 29th 20016, Mr. Trump came to Washington and stuck it to the out-of-touch closed elite that acts on behalf of its own interests. The corrupt dominant elites (usually the orthodox politicians) and their camp followers (usually the rich and the intellectuals).

Trump’s speech was refreshingly unsophisticated. Unlike Obama’s speeches that railed on and on like an extended Grateful Dead song with a 40 minute jam session in between the drum solos. Trump’s speech was like a two minute Ramone’s song. He was direct and to the point. Almost half of his speech sounded like a Bernie Sander’s speech.

It rattled them. Seconds after it was over the mainstream media immediately jumped on it as crude, dark and unsophisticated speech, Chris Matthews called it Hitlerian. The Chicken Littles were all over scrambling to declare the end is near.

They still don’t get it. This is about the people.

He is a populist who understands that many Americans are sick and tired of the clowns in Washington. They want stuff done. They are sick of clowns trying to divide us and talking down to us. They are sick of taking most of the burden in managing the world ' hotspots and having our troops die in combat.

Now finally a president comes along and points all this garbage out and says he is going to help set a different agenda. He is going to give the power back to the we the people and work for us.

The tone in Washington is changing fast.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
i guess that's why you the people came out in droves to celebrate the inauguration

(i'm being sarcastic btw - thought i'd clarify just in case)
Old 01-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #787
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Trump’s speech was refreshingly unsophisticated.

It's rather disgusting that lowering the bar is found refreshing, rather than having someone who makes us strive to be better.

I find your falling over yourself for this man to be the most disappointing out of all of them. For over a decade I've seen you speak to your Christian values, principles of small government, and just like that you flushed all the principles down the drain. You've now embraced a morally bankrupt, big government demagogue and made everything you've preached about since joining FYM moot. It's disappointing.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #788
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
For over a decade I've seen you speak to your Christian values, principles of small government, and just like that you flushed all the principles down the drain. You've now embraced a morally bankrupt, big government demagogue and made everything you've preached about since joining FYM moot. It's disappointing.

i can't help wondering how deliberately depriving people of health cover is in keeping with their "Christian" principles
Old 01-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #789
War Child

Old 01-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #790
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
i guess that's why you the people came out in droves to celebrate the inauguration

(i'm being sarcastic btw - thought i'd clarify just in case)
Trumpets prefer an unsophisticated president as opposed to a sophisticated one like Obama! If they get a sophisticated one it's just too complicated for them to understand!
Old 01-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #791
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh no. No, no, no. NO you do NOT.

He is a Republican and he is no Liberal. Don't try to stick us with your messes.

OWN HIM.

For fuck's sake.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #792
Blue Crack Addict

Please don't compare Trump to the Ramones. Rest assured they would hate him.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #793
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
After some thought you guys do have a point. I was whitesplaining. It is impossible to truly understand how it feels to look to be on the receiving end of racism. I'm sincerely saying this.

I approached the challenge of defending a broad brush painting of the Trump movement in a rhetorical style of a defense attorney. The use of a scale was a vehicle to say that certain media entities were driving certain statements up the scale. Thus making the movement more of a monster than it actually was.

Not Racist
Ignorant
Racist

As a result of the conversation I have realized that I cannot fully say what is or isn't racist to a person.

Glad to know. With any debate or real life conversation in the future I have a new approach.

At the same point. We cannot exclude or diminish people from having an intellectual conversation on important sociological aspects of society because of their skin color and experience in life.

Except everything on your list fell in the ignorant or hatred section, and the "ignorant" section is still pretty racist.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #794
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Trumpets prefer an unsophisticated president as opposed to a sophisticated one like Obama! If they get a sophisticated one it's just too complicated for them to understand!

Bear in mind Obama's nuanced triangulation, while at times perfectly suited for a complicated issue did not translate into a sense of leadership the Democratic Party could hang their hats on. Couldn't be packaged into a marketable campaign for liberals running for congress.

Not that everybody out there are rubes, they just have a shorter attention span in the 21st century.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #795
Blue Crack Addict

These women's marches are incredible. Crowd in DC dwarfing Trump's. All over the country & the world. Good on you, ladies, if I wasn't deathly ill and in bed the last 3 days I'd be out there too.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #796
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Bear in mind Obama's nuanced triangulation, while at times perfectly suited for a complicated issue did not translate into a sense of leadership the Democratic Party could hang their hats on. Couldn't be packaged into a marketable campaign for liberals running for congress.

Not that everybody out there are rubes, they just have a shorter attention span in the 21st century.

Everything wrong with Obama was when he acted too Republican/conservative.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #797
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
These women's marches are incredible. Crowd in DC dwarfing Trump's. All over the country & the world. Good on you, ladies, if I wasn't deathly ill and in bed the last 3 days I'd be out there too.

Yes! This is a movement Trump, not your dismal vote count. These are record crowds, not that weak attendance you had yesterday.

Old 01-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #798
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:

Not Racist
Ignorant
Racist

It's a start, at least.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #799
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:23 PM
Is there something I'm missing in this story? Is there some nuance that makes this not as big a deal as it seems?

utm_content=1485025926

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 01-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #800
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:23 PM
Ack, sorry.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...ent=1485025926

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app