Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can all stay aware of how incredibly absurd our situation is, I have hope.

This actually happened tonight.

C2vqC8CVIAAMzCI.jpg

It took a full term before roasting Bush became this mainstream.

Last edited:
So my über driver just asked me what the difference is between abortion and a man beating his pregnant wife resulting in death of the child.

He bragged how he asked this to women he picked up from the protests here in San Diego.

I said that's really not a conversation you should have with customers, and since you asked, it's assault and murder.

He said guess he's just old fashioned.

I reported him to über. Don't worry tho, his name was Jorge and was foreign.

Why the fuck would you say this to me, and why the fuck would you say this to women?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

...wow...

The hell?

Good move reporting him. I would've, too.

So Trump's lashing out because he didn't get a high attendance? Whats he going to be like when a country stands up to him? Will he be able to hold back? I doubt it.

So Trump's lashing out because he didn't get a high attendance? Whats he going to be like when a country stands up to him? Will he be able to hold back? I doubt it.
Not just lashing out: Blatantly lying.

And as far as Trump's part in the blatant lie, doing so in front of the CIA...

To be fair, he said it was "like" 1.5 million people. It looked very much like 1.5 million people, to him. From that perspective. If he was drunk and seeing double, that's not even especially far off. Good job, Donald.

FYM became a Liberal Echo Chamber somewhere in the late 2000's. Honest debate between Conservative and Liberals (and there were some GREAT ones) gave way to FULL RETARD. No wonder this once engaging forum (that actually changed my my mind more than once) now seems like piece a tumbleweed on the plain...

The next 4 to 8 years (and most likely beyond) will be difficult for many of you. And if you study history - probably worse than you currently fear. Sad. Perhaps you should have been tolerant...the irony...

I think the next four years will be most difficult of all for Trump supporters that were fleeced by party politics in their ignorance. They'll put on a brave face and convince themselves that their leader is doing a great job as the approval ratings dip and foreign relations grow more strained, but the majority will know better. Then, assuming we haven't all been annihilated, we'll find someone else to replace him and life will go on.

This term will be terrible for all of us, of course, an embarrassment to this nation and a major step backwards. That is certainly unfortunate. I won't take an ounce of blame for it.

Last edited:
Wow! Day one has brought so much craziness! At this rate I don't see this administration lasting 50 days let alone a single full term! I cant wqit to see what day 2 brings! I am sure it will be another disaster! Well done trump! Thanks for the entertainment!

FYM became a Liberal Echo Chamber somewhere in the late 2000's. Honest debate between Conservative and Liberals (and there were some GREAT ones) gave way to FULL RETARD. No wonder this once engaging forum (that actually changed my my mind more than once) now seems like piece a tumbleweed on the plain...

The next 4 to 8 years (and most likely beyond) will be difficult for many of you. And if you study history - probably worse than you currently fear. Sad. Perhaps you should have been tolerant...the irony...

Wait, Trump got elected because the FYM section of Interference wasn't tolerant enough to let Conservatives just make their point and get away with it? Damn, this forum is powerful in a scary way!

Yeah, from what I remember, many of the conservatives who left this place did so mainly because they started getting trolly with their posts and the conversations delved into personal attacks and stuff like that. If a member of this board knows we have LGBT posters here, for instance, and starts going on about how sinful and horrible gay marriage is, they shouldn't exactly be surprised when those gay people, as well as those who support same-sex rights, get upset at their comments. Same goes for people who say that anyone who isn't Christian, or who's pro-choice (I remember a LOT of abortion debates on here in the past that got awfully personal and upsetting), or whatever, are to blame for the downfall of our nation.

There were indeed conservatives here that I had wonderful debates with that I could name right off the top of my head, because they never made things personal, or got trolly with their comments. That sort of behavior is what's led to a lot of people (on both sides-there's a lot of liberal posters I remember who don't seem to be posting here anymore, either) to leave. Their political affiliation had little, if anything, to do with it.

(Case in point: saying this forum went "full retard" probably won't help endear people to your argument. I agree we've had some debates here lately get way out of hand with the insults and so forth, but there's better ways to make that point.)

Last edited:

Could you not use that slur, please?

Could you not use that slur, please?

Seriously.

The most interesting thing on this forum for the next 4 years will be seeing how long each of the Trump supporters can lie to themselves. Some will crack earlier than others.

Finally hard-working American men can beat their wives with impunity again!

These grants are small but crucial countermeasures in a system that’s built to cast doubt on survivors of sexual and intimate-partner violence. Without these programs, states and communities will be less able to help women who’ve been victimized rebuild their lives and hold their perpetrators accountable. Read this list of the grants the Trump administration wants to cut, and see if any of them sounds like a waste of funding.
Source:
Trump's planned elimination of violence against women grants is pure cruelty.
And the mentioned list:
https://www.justice.gov/ovw/page/file/914131/download

Yeah, from what I remember, many of the conservatives who left this place did so mainly because they started getting trolly with their posts and the conversations delved into personal attacks and stuff like that. If a member of this board knows we have LGBT posters here, for instance, and starts going on about how sinful and horrible gay marriage is, they shouldn't exactly be surprised when those gay people, as well as those who support same-sex rights, get upset at their comments. Same goes for people who say that anyone who isn't Christian, or who's pro-choice (I remember a LOT of abortion debates on here in the past that got awfully personal and upsetting), or whatever, are to blame for the downfall of our nation.

There were indeed conservatives here that I had wonderful debates with that I could name right off the top of my head, because they never made things personal, or got trolly with their comments. That sort of behavior is what's led to a lot of people (on both sides-there's a lot of liberal posters I remember who don't seem to be posting here anymore, either) to leave. Their political affiliation had little, if anything, to do with it.

(Case in point: saying this forum went "full retard" probably won't help endear people to your argument. I agree we've had some debates here lately get way out of hand with the insults and so forth, but there's better ways to make that point.)
And the posters who were more conservative like myself and Headache couldn't deal with the direction the Republican party was going, either. (though I have only ever registered with any party in order to participate in primaries, and have found it difficult at any point to find myself voting for a particular Republican, I do realize that I have many Conservative viewpoints. It's why I always try to stress that I don't have much to do with either political party, because they're both petty divorced from the political spectrum they're meant to represent at this point). Obviously I can't speak to Headache's reasons, but I am sure he and I are not the only two.

Raise your hand if you think Trumpets would have quietly accepted a Hillary victory and resolved to move on and support the new commander in chief. I mean, after he spent the final weeks of the campaign saying that if he lost it would only be because the system was "fixed."

Raise your hand if you think Trumpets would have quietly accepted a Hillary victory and resolved to move on and support the new commander in chief. I mean, after he spent the final weeks of the campaign saying that if he lost it would only be because the system was "fixed."

I think all we need to do is look back at the 8 years of the Obama presidency for the sort of "respect" Republicans afford a president they lost to.

Yeah, I very clearly remember reading about militia groups planning armed protests in D.C. if Hillary had won. The Trump supporters definitely would not have gone quietly into the night if the situation had been reversed.

And the posters who were more conservative like myself and Headache couldn't deal with the direction the Republican party was going, either. (though I have only ever registered with any party in order to participate in primaries, and have found it difficult at any point to find myself voting for a particular Republican, I do realize that I have many Conservative viewpoints. It's why I always try to stress that I don't have much to do with either political party, because they're both petty divorced from the political spectrum they're meant to represent at this point). Obviously I can't speak to Headache's reasons, but I am sure he and I are not the only two.

And that's precisely why I find it funny when the Trump supporters in these threads have complained about being alone in a room full of liberals/progressives. They seem to have completely missed Headache's constant mentions of the fact that he was a Republican, and you've noted your conservative views as well.

Trump supporters keep forgetting that it isn't just liberals/Democrats who can't stand Trump. There's plenty of people from their own party who are just as embarrassed that he's running our country, too.

But then again, the Republican leaders and politicians who criticized Trump throughout this campaign were dismissed as "part of the establishment" by the Trump supporters here, so... In their eyes, there's no valid reasons whatsoever to be against Trump. It's all just people who are being sour grapes and establishment individuals who just "don't understand" the frustrations of the people.

If you find any of these honest conservatives that are capable of debate send them this way. Please.

We should also listen closely to those commentators raised under authoritarian regimes. They note that leaders in that mould often spread falsehoods, or at least try to make facts seems hazy and unknowable. If a chunk of the population are not sure what’s true and what’s not, their willingness to fight back is weakened. They are more likely to greet each new and deteriorating development with a shrug of confusion: “Who knows?”

More darkly still, the authoritarian regards telling the population lies to be a test of strength. The Trump White House will now watch closely to see who repeats Spicer’s lies without protest and who objects. Among the media, the former will be rewarded and the latter punished.

But it’s even more basic than that. Authoritarian strongmen crave control. If they can control what you believe – even make you believe that black is white and night is day – then their power over you is total. Not for nothing did George Orwell’s 1984 have the omnipotent Party persuade Winston Smith that if a Party official said he was holding up five fingers, then he really was holding up five – even if Smith could only see four

When a press secretary tells you a crowd reached all the way to the Washington Monument, even when every witness and photograph says otherwise, this tells you what game the Trump administration intends to play. Note the way Spicer took no questions and described the reception given to Trump by those CIA employees as “ecstatic”. This is a style of press briefing that is less Washington than Pyongyang.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ho-marxist-asking-us-not-believe-our-own-eyes

It seems paradoxical, but with more means to establish evidence it also becomes more easy to blatantly lie and get away with it. The Assad regime has always been famous for that, Putin uses it to perfection, Erdogan has adopted it and now Trump is about to follow in their footsteps.
Call everything into question, tell a lie and stick with it, and make people question what they see.

I also have a few liberal friends(outside this forum) and we have discussed this shutting down of any discussion. by those calling themselves liberals. We all agree their (my friends) liberalism is more in line with classic liberalism. We can actually discuss and exchange ideas and even agree on issues every now and then. Not so with some who think of themselves liberals today.

I think what we see now in some people is not liberalism in play, but the radical left.

The left does not discuss, they slander and accuse. They do not seek compromise, they seek utter compliance.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
You make a point when you say "some people", you negate that point when you follow with "the left". Define "the left", then you can talk about that subgroup in general terms. But otherwise "the left" is too broad a term.

Same goes the other way. People on the right aisle resort to slander and accusing just the same. Just take the women's march as example. People spending minutes and paragraphs explaining what exactly it is about, only to hear the latest buzzwords such as "snowflake", or that they are whining their candidate lost getting thrown at them.

Seeking utter compliance is not exclusive to either side.

I'd further argue there's a difference in the level of argument you engage based on whether it's online or face to face, and whether you have known each other or not.

I also have a few liberal friends(outside this forum) and we have discussed this shutting down of any discussion. by those calling themselves liberals. We all agree their (my friends) liberalism is more in line with classic liberalism. We can actually discuss and exchange ideas and even agree on issues every now and then. Not so with some who think of themselves liberals today.

I think what we see now in some people is not liberalism in play, but the radical left.

The left does not discuss, they slander and accuse. They do not seek compromise, they seek utter compliance.

Thoughts?
I'm all for compromise.

I'm all for working together.

I do actually agree that both sides are guilty for failing to compromise.

This... this is different.

You can not compromise with an administration who ignore facts.

You can't compromise with people who spew radical conspiracy theories like "pizza gate" or, on the left, the 9/11 truthers.

You can't compromise science.

There are theories and ideas. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.

Facts are facts. There are no "alternative facts.". There are only facts.

I readily welcome a time where we can get back to actually discussing things that are debatable, as opposed to trying to argue against fact.

I also have a few liberal friends(outside this forum) and we have discussed this shutting down of any discussion. by those calling themselves liberals. We all agree that their liberalism is more in line with classic liberalism. We can actually discuss and exchange ideas and even agree on issues every now and then.

Thoughts?

And do your friends ever say it's the pot calling the kettle black?

Republicans have done nothing but obfuscate and slander for 8 years. You're liking and sharing sources that still call Obama a Muslim.

I find it curious that you believe you "discuss". Just recently you posted about 2 stories that were not true. One was very easy to disprove and the other was disproved by a bipartisan investigation years ago. Instead of admitting you were wrong or apologizing for posting false information, you threw a small tantrum accusing me of walking a party line and then threw in climate change for the heck of it even though it had absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.

Is this what you call discussion or compromise? If so then I want no part of conservative "discussion".

If you are ever truly ready, then please let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom