Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[emoji23] No. Never made it to the stage. The crowd was immense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app
I couldn't go because my volunteer commitments are from 9 AM - 1 PM on Saturdays, but one of the women I work with who doesn't come in until 12 went and she was so amped, it was really awesome to see. Glad some people from the Ference were out and about today, as well.

I couldn't go because my volunteer commitments are from 9 AM - 1 PM on Saturdays, but one of the women I work with who doesn't come in until 12 went and she was so amped, it was really awesome to see. Glad some people from the Ference were out and about today, as well.

Next time, make sure you put your name on the list and then you can show up at the last minute and be in the front!

i saw a sign on the news coverage of the marches just a moment ago, apparently from the communist party that said "don't grab em by the pussy, seize the means of reproduction" :lol:

:wave::wave:
Got back uptown a while ago after going to NYC Women's March

Serious and Glorious! Sooo many people!!!
AsI have attended some of the biggest marches in NYC over the decades...
the Climate Change March
the Anti-Nucear Weapons March (tied into the General Assembly of The UN opening Fall session) back in the 80's
and the major Anti-Vietnam War Moratorium marches

The Anti-Nuke Weapons March was near 1,000,000 protesters!

Today the crowd was stuck for a long time and finally people started breaking off the waiting groups and marched up different avenues, and across Mid-town. There werepeople everywhere!

We (me and my sis) after about 1 1/2 hrs of waiting gave up the idea of marching from where we were on 2nd Ave & 50 St were the marchers were not moving at all to finally slowly going southward
to the designated staging area on 47th between 1st & 2nd Ave to pass by and then officially march across and up from there.

We instead along with some others headed west on 51St toward 5th Ave. We could see major groups of people southward of us in the distance. We finally got to 5th Ave and stayed e for 1 hour plus as people marched by. As we headed there could hear the roar of the crowd from 1 plus Ave away (equivalent of about 1/4 of a mile)!

So many great home made signs! Good chants!

We joined the march for a little bit (her knees were bothering her) but at the point were you could see trumps tower just past St Patrick's Cathedral.

Felt very good, and thrilled as we heard other people report or she got info from Pants Suite Nation photos, vids and attendance counts from the rest of aaUSA's major cities, ad well as from around the world, littler marches in small
cities, big towns all around d the USA!

Yay, people!:hyper::love:

Obviously people have be in it for the long haul... But this was very moving!

We're thinking around 300,000 marchers.

Last edited:
On his first day in office, Trump broke 34 promises

EDIT: Trump promised to announce withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership on day one.

This one happened today.

I'll give him the rest of the month.

Though I mean I'd rather he be a liar and do what's best.

Not only because it's what's best, but because the Clintonian irony of being a liar would just be gold with Trump supporters.

I'll give him the rest of the month.

Though I mean I'd rather he be a liar and do what's best.

Not only because it's what's best, but because the Clintonian irony of being a liar would just be gold with Trump supporters.
It's just fun to point out how impossible all of the campaign promises he made are.

Today was a truly inspiring day. To see the images of people across the globe coming together in support of equality and freedom was exactly what I wanted to see on the first day of the administration...

Was neat to be a small part of it in Nashville, TN today.

Women's March by Blake Dover, on Flickr

Also lol at the administration's attempt to lie their way through a pointless dick-measuring contest about crowd sizes. What an utter embarrassment.

Don't worry everyone. It was all fake news. Trump's crowds were indeed 1.5 million and the marches were nowhere near the size reported.
MSM and libtards everywhere are so silly.
(Fwiw I got this correct info from thr Breitbart comments board)

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

So today the President argued about crowd size despite clear photographic proof to the contrary, declared that the free media would, and I quote, "pay a big price" for telling the truth, and oh by the way, also said that we should have taken Iraq's oil and "maybe we still will."

He did this all in front of a memorial to dead members of an agency that he's spent the last month attacking (and who is also, btw, investigating his ties to Russia).

Day one.

Last edited:
Even if that 1.5 million number were true...it's still smaller than the number that showed up for Obama (1.8 million), so...good job still underselling your candidate, Trump supporters :p.

Loving all the photos from the marches, by the way :) :up:. There were a couple of those here in Iowa, but they weren't near where I live.

To be honest, I think it's silly to stoop to his level and make a travesty about him being insecure about the size of his... crowds.

D.C. is very very liberal. It's not shocking that nobody showed up

To be honest, I think it's silly to stoop to his level and make a travesty about him being insecure about the size of his... crowds.

D.C. is very very liberal. It's not shocking that nobody showed up

You think it's a big deal to make a big deal about him and his press secretary calling the MSM liars and blatantly pushing fiction as fact? Don't miss the forest for the trees here. Regardless of the topic, this is an "incredible" start to the administration.

You think it's a big deal to make a big deal about him and his press secretary calling the MSM liars and blatantly pushing fiction as fact? Don't miss the forest for the trees here. Regardless of the topic, this is an "incredible" start to the administration.

Of course that's a big deal.

Trump's attempted manipulation of media is very worrisome.

From the people's perspective, comparing Obama's crowds to Trump's is superficial and silly. It's the same stuff that he did during his campaign and everyone is still falling for it. Outrage over stupid little meaningless things to distract from the bigger picture. Who cares how many people showed up?

I think the fact that the turnout was 200-300k lower than organizers expected is more damning than the overall figure relative to Obama's inauguration(s). The upswell of support from The People, which is one of Trump's go-to justifications for any action, wasn't there this time.

Last edited:
Of course that's a big deal.

Trump's attempted manipulation of media is very worrisome.

From the people's perspective, comparing Obama's crowds to Trump's is superficial and silly. It's the same stuff that he did during his campaign and everyone is still falling for it. Outrage over stupid little meaningless things to distract from the bigger picture. Who cares how many people showed up?
My point is, it does seem to me that most people are focused on the lie and not the number. The rest is bonus material.

I think the fact that the turnout was 200-300k lower than organizers expected is more damning than the overall figure relative to Obama's inauguration(s). The upswell of support from The People, which is one of Trump's go-to justifications for any action, wasn't there this time.

YES IT WAS! YES IT WAS! YES IT WAS!

lalala.gif

For my part, I was just making a joke out of the fact that I assumed Trump supporters would try to aim even higher than what Obama's numbers were, if they wanted to make Trump's inauguration attendance look really good.

I mean, shit, why did Trump stop at 1.5 million? Any idiot would know that was wrong. Why not go 2.5 million? 3 trillion? Who fucking cares?

YUUUUGE NUMBERS

So my über driver just asked me what the difference is between abortion and a man beating his pregnant wife resulting in death of the child.

He bragged how he asked this to women he picked up from the protests here in San Diego.

I said that's really not a conversation you should have with customers, and since you asked, it's assault and murder.

He said guess he's just old fashioned.

I reported him to über. Don't worry tho, his name was Jorge and was foreign.

Why the fuck would you say this to me, and why the fuck would you say this to women?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

no, i won't stop. Because it is.

Keep in mind that fascism wasn't just a german phenomenon in the 1920s and 1930s. I'm not saying the usa is looking like nazi-germany, though the past months i've seen more images of swastikas in the usa than i cared to see. What you want to call trumpism looks more like a descendant of the fascism under mussolini in italy. You might not (want to) know what it's going to do, but if you want to have a possible example what to expect, 1930s italy might provide some insight.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485057265.131302.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom