Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad! - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Premium Upgrade Blogs Gallery Arcade FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #481
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Betsy DeVos is an absolute shit show.

But I guess if you want to create more Trump voters you start with destroying education. Very sad!


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #482
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rono View Post
Can you tell me which regulations you are talking about ? Work safety , pollution, overtime payment, food safety ?

I'm honestly interested in this answer.

It's an age old regurgitated battle cry, but when pressed it's as if they've never really thought about what it means.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 9,905
Local Time: 03:34 PM
The Betsy DeVos testimony is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen (Trump excluded).
gump is online now  
Old 01-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #484
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 04:34 PM
a part of me is glad i'm getting out of DC on Friday for a work trip.

then another part of me reminds myself that it's to go to Houston, and that DC protest shitshows are one of the highlights of living here.
i went to see Moonlight on Monday night and walked through like 2 different protests. the theater is like a mile from where i live.

rumors of activists glitter-bombing Pence's house in Upper NW. his entire neighborhood is covered in rainbow flags, and that's not even where most of the gays live. it's just educated uppity white people and their au pairs.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #485
Refugee
 
clerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,909
Local Time: 04:34 PM
I just beg everyone that enjoys the written word to not copy Trump by talking or writing like him. The title of this thread. Tweets mocking him. Everyone that ends sentences with "sad" or "loser" to mock him just makes us more like him.

See it's funny when we all do Borat for the 6 months that the movie came out in window... then there's that one unfunny guy at work that does the Borat impression like a year later and you know it's over. That's how I feel about mocking Trump in any way.

I was bored with Trump impressions on SNL and other places 5 years ago... it's the easiest impression to do that's how dumb he is. If we all can do it, then now of us should.

I'm for calling him out, making fun of him, standing up... but I'm just saying please don't accidentally become him by ending things like he does. Or talking like him. He makes fun of SNL, but he thrives over the attention.

He only has 100 words. We have more. Let's use them. Good! Happy! Fuck! Yes!
clerks is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 11:54 AM   #486
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
endangered animals. Republicans hate them and want them dead.

GOP Targets Landmark Endangered Species Act for Big Changes


So forests can't be prunned of dry brush and thick growth of trees to help curb future wild fires and ranchers can't protect cattle from the over population of coyotes.
the iron horse is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #487
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
So forests can't be prunned of dry brush and thick growth of trees to help curb future wild fires and ranchers can't protect cattle from the over population of coyotes.


do you think that's really the primary concern here? or is it about making it easier to frack and log and drill regardless of environmental consequences? does it have to be so black and white? isn't an endangered species worth protection even if it means the loss of some cattle, with the word "overpopulation" being highly suspect. the real danger to cattle isn't wolves but agribusiness.

one thing we should be aware of is that laws like this really do work, just as air and water pollution laws and regulations really do work -- if we repeal them we go back to the bad old days.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 08:34 PM
Maybe we're headed for another dark age.
BEAL is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #489
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,202
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Halfway through his interview with The Washington Post, Trump shared a bit of news: He already has decided on his slogan for a reelection bid in 2020.

“Are you ready?” he said. “ ‘Keep America Great,’ exclamation point.”

“Get me my lawyer!” the president-elect shouted.

Two minutes later, one arrived.

“Will you trademark and register, if you would, if you like it — I think I like it, right? Do this: ‘Keep America Great,’ with an exclamation point. With and without an exclamation. ‘Keep America Great,’ ” Trump said.

“Got it,” the lawyer replied.
Mission: Accomplished
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #490
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
a part of me is glad i'm getting out of DC on Friday for a work trip.

then another part of me reminds myself that it's to go to Houston, and that DC protest shitshows are one of the highlights of living here.
My Canadian liberal daughter is on her way to San Antonio for an academic conference in her liberal field this weekend. I told her that hopefully urban San Antonio is a liberal enclave, and to not wander out of the area, but if she does, to buy a gun and repeat "make America great!" so that she will blend in. I was only partly joking.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using U2 Interference mobile app
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #491
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
My Canadian liberal daughter is on her way to San Antonio for an academic conference in her liberal field this weekend. I told her that hopefully urban San Antonio is a liberal enclave, and to not wander out of the area, but if she does, to buy a gun and repeat "make America great!" so that she will blend in. I was only partly joking.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using U2 Interference mobile app
That's where I live, she'll be fine...













hopefully
BVS is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #492
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,900
Local Time: 05:34 PM
Four short years ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...cs.html?ref=gs
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #493
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
I just beg everyone that enjoys the written word to not copy Trump by talking or writing like him. The title of this thread.
This made me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
Tweets mocking him. Everyone that ends sentences with "sad" or "loser" to mock him just makes us more like him.

See it's funny when we all do Borat for the 6 months that the movie came out in window... then there's that one unfunny guy at work that does the Borat impression like a year later and you know it's over. That's how I feel about mocking Trump in any way.

I was bored with Trump impressions on SNL and other places 5 years ago... it's the easiest impression to do that's how dumb he is. If we all can do it, then now of us should.

I'm for calling him out, making fun of him, standing up... but I'm just saying please don't accidentally become him by ending things like he does. Or talking like him. He makes fun of SNL, but he thrives over the attention.

He only has 100 words. We have more. Let's use them. Good! Happy! Fuck! Yes!
I get the Borat sentiment, but what does that have to do with anything? You're kind of all over the place. You're talking about jokes that have worn out there welcome, you getting bored, if everyone can do it it's not funny, but how the hell does it make us like him?
BVS is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #494
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,738
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
That's where I live, she'll be fine...













hopefully
Haha, thanks for the reassurance. I'm not that concerned, but in all seriousness, if I could have picked any other weekend for the conference to be held, I would have. And it was the only other piece of advice I could think to give to her besides "remember the Alamo," which should be very easy, and "clear eyes, full heart, can't lose." With the latter, she is now fearful that someone will force her to watch high school football.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using U2 Interference mobile app
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 03:59 PM   #495
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
With the latter, she is now fearful that someone will force her to watch high school football.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using U2 Interference mobile app
Well this is almost a given, luckily the season is over
BVS is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #496
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 04:34 PM
now sounds like a perfect time to strip by environmental protections and make the world safe for more oil, gas, and coal jobs:

Quote:
Last year, global warming reached record high temperatures — and if that news feels like déjà vu, you're not going crazy.

The planet has now had three consecutive years of record-breaking heat.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has just released its annual State of the Climate report, which says it's the hottest it has been since scientists started tracking global temperatures in 1880.

A separate analysis, by NASA scientists, came to the same conclusion.

The news comes as a confirmation hearing begins for Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, who has been nominated to head the Environmental Protection Agency. Pruitt has ardently defended fossil fuels and fought against federal efforts to regulate greenhouse gases that warm the planet.

NOAA, NASA Declare 2016 The Hottest Year Yet : The Two-Way : NPR
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:01 PM   #497
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,202
Local Time: 03:34 PM
but what will that do to help keep grizzly bears out of our schools?
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #498
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 01:34 PM
Parents just need to stop sending their kids to school covered in honey.

Where is common sense parenting these days?
corianderstem is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:08 PM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 03:34 PM
I can only sit back in wonderment at how the left is eating its own, if they step out of the hardline dogma.

Hollywood royalty Nicole Kidman is getting shit on for saying its time to let the transition of power take place as outlined in the Constitution



Steve Harvey is trashed and called names for meeting with Trump and Ben Carson



Colin Jost is responsible for much of the Anti-Trump writing on SNL. And got so much hate for this post-election joke. No wonder comedians are hesitant to play college campuses.



As Robert Plant once said

 
What ever happened to laughter?
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:13 PM   #500
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I can only sit back in wonderment at how the left is eating its own, if they step out of the hardline dogma.



Hollywood royalty Nicole Kidman is getting shit on for saying its time to let the transition of power take place as outlined in the Constitution







Steve Harvey is trashed and called names for meeting with Trump and Ben Carson







Colin Jost is responsible for much of the Anti-Trump writing on SNL. And got so much hate for this post-election joke. No wonder comedians are hesitant to play college campuses.







As Robert Plant once said



 
What ever happened to laughter?

You guys are obsessed with celebrity.

It's funny you think any of this matters in here.

I guess it's a way to deflect from the real questions and issues.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×