Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Betsy DeVos is an absolute shit show.

But I guess if you want to create more Trump voters you start with destroying education. Very sad!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Can you tell me which regulations you are talking about ? Work safety , pollution, overtime payment, food safety ?

I'm honestly interested in this answer.

It's an age old regurgitated battle cry, but when pressed it's as if they've never really thought about what it means.

The Betsy DeVos testimony is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen (Trump excluded).

a part of me is glad i'm getting out of DC on Friday for a work trip.

then another part of me reminds myself that it's to go to Houston, and that DC protest shitshows are one of the highlights of living here.
i went to see Moonlight on Monday night and walked through like 2 different protests. the theater is like a mile from where i live.

rumors of activists glitter-bombing Pence's house in Upper NW. his entire neighborhood is covered in rainbow flags, and that's not even where most of the gays live. it's just educated uppity white people and their au pairs.

I just beg everyone that enjoys the written word to not copy Trump by talking or writing like him. The title of this thread. Tweets mocking him. Everyone that ends sentences with "sad" or "loser" to mock him just makes us more like him.

See it's funny when we all do Borat for the 6 months that the movie came out in window... then there's that one unfunny guy at work that does the Borat impression like a year later and you know it's over. That's how I feel about mocking Trump in any way.

I was bored with Trump impressions on SNL and other places 5 years ago... it's the easiest impression to do that's how dumb he is. If we all can do it, then now of us should.

I'm for calling him out, making fun of him, standing up... but I'm just saying please don't accidentally become him by ending things like he does. Or talking like him. He makes fun of SNL, but he thrives over the attention.

He only has 100 words. We have more. Let's use them. Good! Happy! Fuck! Yes!

So forests can't be prunned of dry brush and thick growth of trees to help curb future wild fires and ranchers can't protect cattle from the over population of coyotes.

do you think that's really the primary concern here? or is it about making it easier to frack and log and drill regardless of environmental consequences? does it have to be so black and white? isn't an endangered species worth protection even if it means the loss of some cattle, with the word "overpopulation" being highly suspect. the real danger to cattle isn't wolves but agribusiness.

one thing we should be aware of is that laws like this really do work, just as air and water pollution laws and regulations really do work -- if we repeal them we go back to the bad old days.

Halfway through his interview with The Washington Post, Trump shared a bit of news: He already has decided on his slogan for a reelection bid in 2020.

“Are you ready?” he said. “ ‘Keep America Great,’ exclamation point.”

“Get me my lawyer!” the president-elect shouted.

Two minutes later, one arrived.

“Will you trademark and register, if you would, if you like it — I think I like it, right? Do this: ‘Keep America Great,’ with an exclamation point. With and without an exclamation. ‘Keep America Great,’ ” Trump said.

“Got it,” the lawyer replied.

Mission: Accomplished

a part of me is glad i'm getting out of DC on Friday for a work trip.

then another part of me reminds myself that it's to go to Houston, and that DC protest shitshows are one of the highlights of living here.

My Canadian liberal daughter is on her way to San Antonio for an academic conference in her liberal field this weekend. I told her that hopefully urban San Antonio is a liberal enclave, and to not wander out of the area, but if she does, to buy a gun and repeat "make America great!" so that she will blend in. I was only partly joking.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using U2 Interference mobile app

My Canadian liberal daughter is on her way to San Antonio for an academic conference in her liberal field this weekend. I told her that hopefully urban San Antonio is a liberal enclave, and to not wander out of the area, but if she does, to buy a gun and repeat "make America great!" so that she will blend in. I was only partly joking.

That's where I live, she'll be fine...

hopefully ;)

I just beg everyone that enjoys the written word to not copy Trump by talking or writing like him. The title of this thread.
This made me laugh.

Tweets mocking him. Everyone that ends sentences with "sad" or "loser" to mock him just makes us more like him.

See it's funny when we all do Borat for the 6 months that the movie came out in window... then there's that one unfunny guy at work that does the Borat impression like a year later and you know it's over. That's how I feel about mocking Trump in any way.

I was bored with Trump impressions on SNL and other places 5 years ago... it's the easiest impression to do that's how dumb he is. If we all can do it, then now of us should.

I'm for calling him out, making fun of him, standing up... but I'm just saying please don't accidentally become him by ending things like he does. Or talking like him. He makes fun of SNL, but he thrives over the attention.

He only has 100 words. We have more. Let's use them. Good! Happy! Fuck! Yes!

I get the Borat sentiment, but what does that have to do with anything? You're kind of all over the place. You're talking about jokes that have worn out there welcome, you getting bored, if everyone can do it it's not funny, but how the hell does it make us like him?

That's where I live, she'll be fine...

hopefully ;)

Haha, thanks for the reassurance. I'm not that concerned, but in all seriousness, if I could have picked any other weekend for the conference to be held, I would have. And it was the only other piece of advice I could think to give to her besides "remember the Alamo," which should be very easy, and "clear eyes, full heart, can't lose." With the latter, she is now fearful that someone will force her to watch high school football.

now sounds like a perfect time to strip by environmental protections and make the world safe for more oil, gas, and coal jobs:

Last year, global warming reached record high temperatures — and if that news feels like déjà vu, you're not going crazy.

The planet has now had three consecutive years of record-breaking heat.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has just released its annual State of the Climate report, which says it's the hottest it has been since scientists started tracking global temperatures in 1880.

A separate analysis, by NASA scientists, came to the same conclusion.

The news comes as a confirmation hearing begins for Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt, who has been nominated to head the Environmental Protection Agency. Pruitt has ardently defended fossil fuels and fought against federal efforts to regulate greenhouse gases that warm the planet.

NOAA, NASA Declare 2016 The Hottest Year Yet : The Two-Way : NPR

Last edited:
Parents just need to stop sending their kids to school covered in honey.

Where is common sense parenting these days?

I can only sit back in wonderment at how the left is eating its own, if they step out of the hardline dogma.

Hollywood royalty Nicole Kidman is getting shit on for saying its time to let the transition of power take place as outlined in the Constitution

MTIwNjA4NjMzODY5NTM0NzMy.jpg

Steve Harvey is trashed and called names for meeting with Trump and Ben Carson

220px-SteveHarveyHWOFMay2013.jpg

Colin Jost is responsible for much of the Anti-Trump writing on SNL. And got so much hate for this post-election joke. No wonder comedians are hesitant to play college campuses.

15034655_166300947173946_2880781345934540800_n.jpg

As Robert Plant once said

What ever happened to laughter?

I can only sit back in wonderment at how the left is eating its own, if they step out of the hardline dogma.

Hollywood royalty Nicole Kidman is getting shit on for saying its time to let the transition of power take place as outlined in the Constitution

MTIwNjA4NjMzODY5NTM0NzMy.jpg

Steve Harvey is trashed and called names for meeting with Trump and Ben Carson

220px-SteveHarveyHWOFMay2013.jpg

Colin Jost is responsible for much of the Anti-Trump writing on SNL. And got so much hate for this post-election joke. No wonder comedians are hesitant to play college campuses.

15034655_166300947173946_2880781345934540800_n.jpg

You guys are obsessed with celebrity.

It's funny you think any of this matters in here.

I guess it's a way to deflect from the real questions and issues.

You guys are obsessed with celebrity.

It's funny you think any of this matters in here.

I guess it's a way to deflect from the real questions and issues.

It doesn't matter in here. But out in social-media land it looks ridiculous at how militant the attacks are on anybody that normalizes Trump or steps outside approved humor boundaries.

[TWEET]821772494864580614[/TWEET]

"Hmm ... what rhymes with Haters and Losers?"

Okay, this response is awesome, though.

[TWEET]821806414754672642[/TWEET]

Last edited:
then another part of me reminds myself that it's to go to Houston

I don't know if you've been there recently, but it's not that bad. If you're on an expense budget that you're looking to blow, let me know if you want restaurant recommendations. There's lots of good stuff.

Signed,
Resident of Dallas who travels to Houston a lot for work.

Last edited:

I don't know. Maybe you should go ask that of Trump himself, who, instead of just turning off "SNL" and focusing on, y'know, preparing to be president, decides he needs to spend his days bitching on Twitter about how the show is so totally not funny now due to their making fun of him?

(He didn't seem to mind the show when he hosted it a couple years ago, of course.)

Or heck, why don't you ask the Trump supporters I've seen getting all bent out of shape over the jokes Stephen Colbert or Seth Meyers make about Trump on their late night shows?

Just sayin'.

Or heck, why don't you ask the Trump supporters I've seen getting all bent out of shape over the jokes Stephen Colbert or Seth Meyers make about Trump on their late night shows?

Just sayin'.

I watched last week's SNL and thought it was hilarious, going into it knowing full well they are going to rip Trump. Baldwin is decent. I liked Hammond better. My point is that Ardent Progressives (not grouping every liberal together) are just on a rabid kamikaze mission to attack all things that aren't fully sanitized through the filter of Political Correctness as decreed through the High Council of Social Justice.

It's a crazy climate out there.

I don't know if you've been there recently, but it's not that bad. If you're on an expense budget that you're looking to blow, let me know if you want restaurant recommendations. There's lots of good stuff.

Signed,
Resident of Dallas who travels to Houston a lot for work.

So, I confess to easy, unfair snark. I've been to Houston a couple of times before and thought the downtown was kind of cool, and I loved the Montrose neighborhood and the parts where they shot "Terms of Endearment." I actually liked it more than Dallas, where my only memory is freeways.

But I'm going to be outside of Houston, outside of Sugar Land, even.

So if you know of good restaurants in Missouri City and/or Fresno, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom