Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so frustrated and done with this. On that conversation of splitting the country into smaller nations, I'm all aboard. This is insanity.

can you imagine, the Red States trying to exist without Blue State dollars propping them up? :lmao:

it gets hard to hold sympathy for people like this:

GETTYSBURG, Pa.—As her hair was styled at the Grace Kelly hair salon in this quaint tourist town, a middle-aged mother told me that she wants Obamacare gone, even though her 24-year-old son is still on her plan, thanks to an Obamacare provision that allows young adults to stay on their parents’ health insurance until the age of 26. (The woman asked that we not use her name because she’s worried about her privacy.)

In its place, she’d like to see a new law in which people pay for their insurance as a percentage of their income, so that everyone has some “skin in the game.” When I asked her if the Obamacare subsidies, which reimburse people making less than about $48,000 for a portion of their health-insurance premiums based on their income level, come close enough to this kind of system, she balked. “I do not like the Obamacare subsidies,” she said.

Here's What Trump Voters Want Instead of Obamacare

maybe these poor, rural, white people can go back to pre-Great Society (or, better, pre-New Deal) America and die dead broke alone in shacks like they used to back when America was apparently "great."

this lady gets it:

We certainly need to modernize it. I think the guys in the silos still use those flimsy 12 inch floppy disks. On the upside, such 80s technology is hack proof.

modernization is a wee bit different than expansion.

a sane person can make an argument for modernizing all of our outdated technology. a crazy person calls for more nukes. you chose the crazy person.

also terrifying: Trump's planned all-out assault on the environment. consequences as potentially catastrophic as nuclear war.''

Santa may need water skis instead of a sleigh this year.

A weather buoy about 90 miles south of the North Pole registered a temperature at the melting point of 32 degrees (0 Celsius) early Thursday, as a giant storm east of Greenland drew abnormally warm air northward.

Weather models had predicted temperatures could get this warm and this buoy, part of the North Pole Environmental Observatory, provides validation.

“It seems likely areas very close to or at the North Pole were at the freezing point” Thursday, said Zachary Labe, a doctoral student researching Arctic climate and weather at the University of California at Irvine.

Data from the buoy (No. 300234064010010, which can be downloaded here) show that air temperatures have risen more than 40 degrees in the past two days, when they hovered near minus-11 degrees (minus-24 Celsius) which, even then, was above average.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...le-hits-melting-point/?utm_term=.2ffbf3e81eda

The nuclear program came with a 30 yr built-in program that has been modernizing, the next installment is next year at the tune of 1 trillion.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

also terrifying: Trump's planned all-out assault on the environment. consequences as potentially catastrophic as nuclear war.''

FYI: Trump or any person for that matter has little to no effect on Climate. Every measured climate shift correlates directly to Sunspot activity. The massive nuclear star engine in the center of the solar system literally trumps all other climate variables. The sun is a Honey Badger . . . it doesn't care.

FYI: Trump or any person for that matter has little to no effect on Climate. Every measured climate shift correlates directly to Sunspot activity. The massive nuclear star engine in the center of the solar system literally trumps all other climate variables. The sun is a Honey Badger . . . it doesn't care.

science does not agree with you.

Some skeptics of human-induced climate change blame global warming on natural variations in the sun’s output due to sunspots and/or solar wind. They say it’s no coincidence that an increase in sunspot activity and a run-up of global temperatures on Earth are happening concurrently, and view regulation of carbon emissions as folly with negative ramifications for our economy and tried-and-true energy infrastructure.

“[V]ariations in solar energy output have far more effect on Earth’s climate than soccer moms driving SUVs,” Southwestern Law School professor Joerg Knipprath, writes in his ‘Token Conservative’ blog. “A rational thinker would understand that, especially if he or she has some understanding of the limits of human influence. But the global warming boosters have this unbounded hubris that it is humans who control nature, and that human activity can terminally despoil the planet as well as cause its salvation.”

Many climate scientists agree that sunspots and solar wind could be playing a role in climate change, but the vast majority view it as very minimal and attribute Earth’s warming primarily to emissions from industrial activity—and they have thousands of peer-reviewed studies available to back up that claim.

Peter Foukal of the Massachusetts-based firm Heliophysics, Inc., who has tracked sunspot intensities from different spots around the globe dating back four centuries, also concludes that such solar disturbances have little or no impact on global warming. Nevertheless, he adds, most up-to-date climate models—including those used by the United Nations’ prestigious Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)—incorporate the effects of the sun’s variable degree of brightness in their overall calculations.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sun-spots-and-climate-change/

as for Trump and the nuclear, he's likely doing his rope-a-dope thing again to distract from an upcoming actual story/scandal that's about to slip through his tiny hands.

What? I don't understand. What does that even mean? We already have the second most, and the guy's in third aren't even CLOSE to having as many. And...let's be real...it only takes a handful to destroy the planet...how many do you really need?

More nukes, more guns...let's just weaponize the shit out of everything! That'll solve all our problems!

I mean, c'mon! A president who picks fights with any and everyone on Twitter who dared to even mildly criticize him suggesting we get more nuclear weapons? What could possibly go wrong with that?

Last edited:
More nukes, more guns...let's just weaponize the shit out of everything! That'll solve all our problems!

I mean, c'mon! A president who picks fights with any and everyone on Twitter who dared to even mildly criticize him suggesting we get more nuclear weapons? What could possibly go wrong with that?

I can't wait till our sharks get lasers!

If you are scared of nukes then we are probably in agreement that we need to develop our missile interceptor shield that would protect us and our Allies from any incoming missiles

I'm not scared of another country launching one

I'm scared we will

I'm not scared of another country launching one

I'm scared we will

This.

That's my point, Oregoropa. I do not trust Trump with any aspect of OUR nuclear arsenal, be it adding to it or modernizing it or whatever. I don't want him having any control over that stuff. The mere thought terrifies me.

Nor do I trust him to come up with a means to properly protect us from another country if they do launch a missile at us. He'll be too busy bitching on Twitter to bother to do anything worthwhile.

To be fair, I've called him a douche just about every day since the election on Twitter and he has yet to nuke me.

Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP" was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.

Can someone please tell him what the word "trying" means?

Can someone please tell him what the word "trying" means?

SIERS111616

Didn't even register that. So now he's simply trying. Not doing. He and Yoda should have a word.

nobody here but us fascists.

President-elect Donald Trump's transition team has asked the State Department to list its workers who focus on gender equality and ending violence against women, in what's being seen as an echo of an earlier request for the Energy Department to list employees who work on climate change.

In a brief email that was sent Wednesday morning, the Trump team asked the State Department's bureaus and offices to list any programs or activities that "promote gender equality, such as ending gender-based violence, promoting women's participation in economic and political spheres, entrepreneurship, etc."

The email was acquired and published by The New York Times, which reports:

"Although the wording of the memo is neutral and does not hint at any policy change, it rattled State Department employees, even those at senior levels. Some officials said they feared that the incoming Trump administration was trying to determine what programs were focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues, though the memo did not refer to them."

The team also asked the department offices to "note positions whose primary functions are to promote such issues" and to highlight any funds for the current financial year that are "already allocated to such programs and activities."

Affirming the Times' characterization of the email's reception, The Los Angeles Times quotes a senior State Department official who said, "People are freaked out."

Trump Team Asks State Dept. To Name Those Working On Gender Equality : The Two-Way : NPR

Can you explain to me why a perceived attack on gender equality would mean an attack on LGBT causes automatically? It's felt throughout a lot of this process that the LGBT community (and not without reason, mind you) has been super paranoid about everything going on, even though, by and large, it seems like that particular group has mostly been overlooked in Trump's constant outpouring of offenses.

Please don't take the question the wrong way, I'm genuinely just not following and want to understand.

Can you explain to me why a perceived attack on gender equality would mean an attack on LGBT causes automatically? It's felt throughout a lot of this process that the LGBT community (and not without reason, mind you) has been super paranoid about everything going on, even though, by and large, it seems like that particular group has mostly been overlooked in Trump's constant outpouring of offenses.

Please don't take the question the wrong way, I'm genuinely just not following and want to understand.

Gender and sexuality are intimately connected, and I believe that's what they asked for from State -- people who worked with n gender and sexuality stuff.

While it seems as if Trump himself doesn't personallycare, Mike Pence certainly does, and so do The Senators Cruz and Lee who are planning to reintroduce their "religious freedom" bill, which will legalize discrimination against LGBT as well as unmarried people.

While I'd be a bit more scared if I were Muslim or the environment or a woman, there's plenty to fret about for LGBT folks.

Personally, I'm with you. I don't feel threatened. In fact, if anything, Donnie Orange has been a shepherd of his folks to "move past" that "issue."

Why folks of the LGBT community are worried? Gender equality and LGBT rights are implicitly related. Both are related through the challenging of the "traditional" social model, if you will.

Homophobia is misogyny.

With SCOTUS up for grabs (no nominee should be confirmed until after the 2020 election, because if the will of the people is so important, then the 3m more who voted for HRC must be represented), I do not take the legality of my marriage, or of my right not to be refused service, or a social environment where thugs do not feel emboldened, for granted at all.

And I live in about the most tolerant place possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom