Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No president-elect has ever caused this much damage before even being sworn in.

#theconthatdestroyedthiscountry #trumpetslitthematch

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So the answer is...?

Well, not to be outraged about everything the next administration decides, that's all.

Hopefully Mr. Tillerson will be more effective than Secretary Clinton and Secretary Kerry regarding Russia.

Well, not to be outraged about everything the next administration decides, that's all.

Hopefully Mr. Tillerson will be more effective than Secretary Clinton and Secretary Kerry regarding Russia.

If by more effective you mean give them whatever they want, then yeah probably so.

Jamal Simmons on ABC's Sunday show This Week:

“We can’t fight every single one of these. And if we’re outraged about everything, nothing will be outrageous.”

I'm not outraged. I'm effectively rolling my eyes. The minute Trump won, I was outraged. I find it hard to be outraged anymore, I just don't take any of it seriously because for the time being there's nothing I can do.

The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy.

-Charles de Montesquieu

But we have to pick out battles to some extent. I don't like much of anyone whom Trump is appointing, but there's a real difference between the Steve Bannons of the world and the Rex Tillersons of the world. The left is honestly at a point where it is probably losing real support due to an image of "oh they just throw hissy fits about everything". It's painful to recognize, but we're in a bad position, and we have to understand that as we decide what to really battle and what to just roll our eyes at.

Jamal Simmons on ABC's Sunday show This Week:

“We can’t fight every single one of these. And if we’re outraged about everything, nothing will be outrageous.”

Well, that's kinda how Trump got himself elected, isn't it?

If you're such an incredible asshole that everyone just expects you to so asshole things, then the asshole things don't seem as assholey as they should

Hope you're well, Headache :)
What? It's exactly how Trump managed to get himself elected. Any one of the dozens of things he said or did over the course of the election would have disqualified just about everyone else in the world, but because there were SO many things, they seemed almost normal.

When everything was outrageous, nothing was outrageous.

And now we have a lunatic who may or may not be in the pocket of the SVR as President. But hey, he let everyone know that pussy grabbing is okay if you're a star, so I'm sure he'll do great.

Well done.

Everything's fine. It's just going to be about trade and taxes. Small modifications to each. Status quo on everything else.

It's fine. Totally fine.

Any chance this probe could prove beneficial, you think? Kinda nice to see a couple GOP members on board with this investigation, and expressing concerns...will be interesting to see how this might pan out.

I don't think it's anything to get positive or even slightly excited about. McCain is no better than Trump for instance, and has no issues with palling around with Nazis if they're opposed to the Russian regime.

Oh, I can empathise with that view, he at least seems to have a coherent ideology.

Remember that time Perry forgot the third department he'd eliminate on the national stage? Yeah, well now he may be running it.

Way to go Trumpets. #igotconnedbythedon

Remember that time Perry forgot the third department he'd eliminate on the national stage? Yeah, well now he may be running it.

Way to go Trumpets. #igotconnedbythedon

Maybe not though. Didn't Perry also speak out against Trump? (I could be forgetting too, like Mr Perry).

It may be that Trump will try to make him grovel and humiliate him and then not hire him, like he just did Romney.

Poor Mittens. Played for a fool yet again.

Maybe not though. Didn't Perry also speak out against Trump? (I could be forgetting too, like Mr Perry).

It may be that Trump will try to make him grovel and humiliate him and then not hire him, like he just did Romney.

Poor Mittens. Played for a fool yet again.

The Con continues.

I fear "fake news" is going to be used as an attempt to debunk anything nowadays, science, history, knowledge... it's becoming clearer and clearer to me by the day how ancient civilisations ended, stoopid humans :sad:

Yes, grab a copy of "1984" and hold on, a "Ministry of Truth" seems to be in the works.

“The epidemic of fake news represents a danger that must be addressed quickly. Bipartisan legislation is making its way through Congress to boost the government’s response to foreign propaganda and Silicon Valley is starting to grapple with the challenge and threat of fake news.”
~ Hillary Clinton

Last edited:
I don't know how much orange(trump)juice one must drink to confuse trying to fight propagandized lies, which sole purpose is to confuse and obscure the truth, with a "Ministry of Truth".

Makes me wonder whether you even read 1984.

Yes, grab a copy of "1984" and hold on, a "Ministry of Truth" seems to be in the works.

“The epidemic of fake news represents a danger that must be addressed quickly. It’s a danger that must be addressed and addressed quickly. Bipartisan legislation is making its way through Congress to boost the government’s response to foreign propaganda and Silicon Valley is starting to grapple with the challenge and threat of fake news.”

~ Hillary Clinton

I understand your fear of government regulating this, but it is a real issue, and a big reason why your president won.

There is an entire section of the population that isn't intellectually curious enough or lacks the resources to know the difference between fact and fiction. In fact you're mocked if you ask for a source. Fake news has been posted in here, and I know you've been caught posting it as well. It's a real issue, and one of the biggest peddlers of it has a seat at the White House. We should all be scared.

Maybe he's going to name Kanye his Secretary of Twitter Affairs.
The highest post in US politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom