Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As sad as this current state is, the notion espoused by numerous liberals that facts *suddenly* don't matter is a bit silly, no? This sort of thing isn't new to this year.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1480906294.216864.jpg

CNN doing a really good job at explaining the value of birth control and contraception.

Shucks, sex will be so much less fun without them.

As sad as this current state is, the notion espoused by numerous liberals that facts *suddenly* don't matter is a bit silly, no? This sort of thing isn't new to this year.

Not silly at all. No one here is saying that ignorance hasn't always existed, or that stupidity is something new, this is something entirely different.

We're talking about being in the age of the Internet and posters in here saying "I didn't support him in the beginning" when all it takes is one simple search to find out he made a bold declaration of support as if it wasn't there in writing, we're talking about people not even pretending to have a source or offer up a blatantly biased one but actually scoffing at the fact that you asked for one, we're talking about people denying certain people were standing next to them when they know there's photographic evidence to prove otherwise, it's about being presented the evidence and saying "well someone has to be doing the raping" and that being the final say.

Certain people can get away with certain lies, but this goes well beyond that. If fact mattered, even in the tiniest amount, let's say 10%, Trump wouldn't have made it past the primaries. He read the current environment, and played it like a fiddle.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-ping-pong-restaurant/?utm_term=.bfdd21c9f636

James Alefantis, the owner of Comet Ping Pong, said in a statement: “What happened today demonstrates that promoting false and reckless conspiracy theories comes with consequences. I hope that those involved in fanning these flames will take a moment to contemplate what happened here today, and stop promoting these falsehoods right away.”

The restaurant’s owner and employees were threatened on social media in the days before the election after fake news stories circulated claiming that then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and her campaign chief were running a child sex ring from the restaurant’s backrooms. Even Michael Flynn, a retired general whom President-elect Donald Trump has tapped to advise him on national security, shared stories about another anti-Clinton conspiracy theory involving pedophilia. None of them were true. But the fake stories and threats persisted, some even aimed at children of Comet Ping Pong employees and patrons. The restaurant’s owner was forced to contact the FBI, local police, Facebook and other social-media platforms in an effort to remove the articles.

Has The Trump been twittering about this yet?

View attachment 11008

CNN doing a really good job at explaining the value of birth control and contraception.

Shucks, sex will be so much less fun without them.
i know several women (i'm not taking about buzzfeed articles but friends of mine) who have had to get an iud because they were worried come next month, they might not be able to be able to get the pill anymore, or its price/accessibility will change.

these aren't idiots. some of the reporting is very chicken little but as someone with a vagina, i understand the worry. the circumstances suck but at least more people are remembering there's more to birth control than the pill and condom. there's long-term options out there. even if access doesn't change, at least young people with vaginas won't have to constantly remember to take a pill. it was never an issue for me, i never forgot, but an iud is just about perfect.

I don't think Merkel will be reelected
good. these are awful circumstances, but i for one would love to see spd get back in charge. i'd really love for die linke or grüne, but i gotta be realistic.

so, do you think Trump will attempt to reverse the Standing Rock decision after Jan 20? will be really interesting to see how things go what with his conflicts of interest...

I'm sorry, but the fuckwit brigade deserve neither understanding nor respect.

Destroy them.

And there we have it. Ben "I don't think I'm qualified to be in politics but I was running for president" Carson now has a cabinet posit.

That conspiracy theory is so dark and morbid. If you follow it, you're either left with the conclusion that there's rampant insanity out there, or that the Clinton's are the most heinously evil super villains to have ever existed. It was only a matter of time til this happened. Glad no one got hurt. Reddit is going to end up imploding soon, here, with the way it's getting over run with this conspiracy shit.

That conspiracy theory is so dark and morbid. If you follow it, you're either left with the conclusion that there's rampant insanity out there, or that the Clinton's are the most heinously evil super villains to have ever existed. It was only a matter of time til this happened.

What's funny is we have people on the left and on the right who've been telling us this for 25 years. Really, the language coming from the BMP crowd isn't much different than the alt-right folks.

This, of course, is another level, but the groundwork has been laid for some of the simpletons out there to believe this.

And just 3 miles from my house!

i really don't ever need to see or hear or read anything by or about David Duke. i wish he would FOAD.

again, good job, Trump voters. you've brought him back into the conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom