Trump General Discussion III - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Honestly, I can't believe DaveC is the only 'regular' who's completely left this dumpster fire of a thread.
holy fucking shit, no kidding.

i came back today to interference to make my football picks for the week, and decided to catch up here to see if it's gotten any better since i left. but yet somehow you yahoos have managed to make it at least a full order of magnitude worse, even with bmp being barely here at all.

thanks for not making me regret last week's decision even one little bit.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #342
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Yeah and I think it will come down to a calculated gamble by the GOP. The midterm elections have even lower turnout than presidential years and typically parties in power have an even more suppressed turnout. A lot of Trump voters probably wouldn't bother voting in the midterms anyway, so if the Republicans can hang on to their congressional districts via gerrymandering alone which they likely can, the establishment may turn on him faster than we expect.

The other thing is if he is going to be challenged for the nomination in 2020 (presuming he actually lasts that long, he still strikes me as somebody totally uninterested in the minutiae of the job), that person will have to have his (sorry ladies) ducks in a row around 2018 already. Now the question is who will do it? Paul Ryan I think just takes marching orders from the Kochs so it depends on how they feel, Ted Cruz kind of shat the bed really with his non-endorsement, then endorsement, then eating crow so he's lost whatever sense of "principles" he had, there is the lunatic Gingrich who seems like the odd man out of the administration (well there's also Christie but let's get real he's done politically), and I don't really know who else? The other very real possibility which to me has the highest odds of happening is Trump stepping aside in 2020 because he won't think the can win, because he's too lazy to go on and the whole thing has become a bore and a chore. He can feed us all some BS about how he's come in and drained the swamp and now it's time to hand over the reigns to lego hair Pence.
Ehhhh I think the only thing he really actually enjoys in this whole thing is that campaigning. I mean he's continuing his campaign after the campaign is over rather than, ya know, actually getting ready to be president.

Old 12-08-2016, 03:22 PM   #343
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
holy fucking shit, no kidding.

i came back today to interference to make my football picks for the week, and decided to catch up here to see if it's gotten any better since i left. but yet somehow you yahoos have somehow managed to make it at least a full order of magnitude worse, even with bmp being barely here at all.

thanks for not making me regret last week's decision even one little bit.
come back
Old 12-08-2016, 03:36 PM   #344
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Ehhhh I think the only thing he really actually enjoys in this whole thing is that campaigning. I mean he's coming thinking his campaign after the campaign is over rather than, ya know, actually getting ready to be president.
Nobody strokes your ego after you're elected.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #345
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
If he turns on them, doesn't follow through on his promises, and becomes just another politician... his supporters will turn on him in a heartbeat. Not the fairweather douches who only voted for him because he had an (R) in front of his name... the true Trump loyalists.
Will they though, as long as he keeps feeding them the rhetoric that middle white America is a priority and should be a primary part of national conversations? The most accurate thing I have read, though I can't remember where, about the whole Trump phenomenon is that his supporters took him seriously but not literally, and his opponents took him literally but not seriously. I don't think his campaign promises mean much of anything to his supporters, rather they just want to hear that they are more important than people of color, LGBTQ, etc.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:17 PM   #346
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:29 AM
in some ways, the election of Trump is perhaps the death, or at least logical endpoint, of FYM.

what point is (hopefully) rational, informed debate when rationality and information are now no better than opinion and wishful thinking? how often can you point out awfulness only to have someone shout "but TRUMP will keep me safe and make me rich" when you are in actuality neither?
Old 12-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #347
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

How bad is it that Karl Rove is calling you out as a liar?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 12-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #348
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
How bad is it that Karl Rove is calling you out as a liar?

Quote:
ROVE: Sure. Yeah, yeah, look, these airplanes have a life cycle and the planes that the president will fly, that President-elect Trump will fly in, are 29 years old and the threats that have emerged in the last nearly three decades have made the survivability of the next fleet of planes to be important. But here is the point: there is no $4 billion-dollar contract. Inside the White House every statement of the president is generally staffed out. That is to say it's reviewed by all of the appropriate officials inside the White House and checked for accuracy. If this were staffed out, the first thing that would have happened is people would say, "Mr. President, there is no $4 billion contract with Boeing to build these planes, we are not anywhere near signing a contract to build three aircraft."
But no, let's just let him keep the Twitter.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #349
Blue Crack Supplier

speaking of the end of reason, Sofia Vergara is being sued by 2 embryos, named Emma and Isabella. because embryos are people.

Quote:
The year-long fight between Sofia Vergara and her ex-fiancé Nick Loeb concerning the fate of two frozen embryos seemed all but over this week. Now a surprise and bizarre lawsuit filed in Louisiana on behalf of the embryos themselves by a mysterious cast of characters has breathed new life into the dispute and is poised to challenge a never-before-tested decades-old statute that gives embryos in one of the county’s most pro-life states, rights as people.

While it may seem like a longshot, legal experts reached by The Daily Beast say the plaintiffs have got a small, but very real chance at some kind of success.

The petition, filed in Jefferson County Parish on Wednesday afternoon and reviewed by The Daily Beast, lists three plaintiffs: two embryos named Isabella and Emma, and James Charbonnet, a New Orleans resident with no clear ties to Vergara, Loeb, or the product of the pair’s IVF efforts other than as the trustee of a fund meant to provide for their health, education, maintenance, and support.

The Louisiana lawsuit falls on the heels of a Monday request by Loeb to drop his 2015 California case which seeks to bring to term the embryos he and the “Modern Family” actress created during happier times in 2013. According to the new petition, Loeb is giving up because the California judge ordered, and he refused, to submit the names of former girlfriends who allegedly had abortions over the course of the relationships as part of discovery. The judge in that case was already set to rule on a motion for dismissal of the case filed by Vergara.

There is no request for financial award, because, the petition states, “there is no adequate amount of money that could remedy the loss of life of Emma and Isabella, two unique human beings.” Instead representatives for the embryos—which remain frozen in California—are asking the court order their immediate transfer to a uterus so that they can develop and be born. This can be accomplished, the suit argues, if a court will declare the California fertility contract signed by Loeb and Vergara void, since it didn’t include a provision concerning the fate of the embryos should the couple break up. Further they’re asking the court to terminate Vergara’s parental rights and reclassify her as an egg donor. Citing child neglect laws, the complaint claims “By leaving Emma and Isabella in a tank in a medical clinic for more than three years and refusing to consent to their development or care, Vegara has effectively abandoned and chronically neglected and Emma and Isabella.”

Sofia Vergara Embryo Case Could Open Floodgates - The Daily Beast

i know this isn't Trump related, exactly, but given that the GOP cares about two things (lowering taxes on rich people, the leveraging of the rights of embryos over born and grown women), we can look forward to more of this in the future.

and realize what it could mean if the embryos win.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

as long as the embryos are in the country legally
Old 12-08-2016, 05:02 PM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hell, if corporations can be people, why not embryos?
Old 12-08-2016, 05:45 PM   #352
Blue Crack Addict

What a ridiculous and offensive lawsuit.

I don't know anything about Louisiana law, but how would this unconnected individual ever be granted standing in this case?
Old 12-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #353
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

And Trump's pick for labor secretary is a fast food CEO who opposes raising the minimum wage, expanding overtime pay, and mandatory sick leave.

Yep, the working man has done himself a real service by putting Donald J. Trump in the White House.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:40 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:29 AM
But he's so relatable!!1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
But no, let's just let him keep the Twitter.
Didn't Trump's team actually take away his Twitter account, like, the weekend before the election?

Any chance they can do it again now? Permanently?
Old 12-08-2016, 06:54 PM   #355
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ehhhh I think the only thing he really actually enjoys in this whole thing is that campaigning. I mean he's continuing his campaign after the campaign is over rather than, ya know, actually getting ready to be president.

Yeah, I'm curious, is this normal? And what's the point of them?

Old 12-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #356
Blue Crack Addict

It's easier to grab when you're in big crowds.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:32 PM   #357
Refugee

Quote:
You bring up a familiar observation of recent presidents....the perpetual campaign.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:33 PM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Yeah, I'm curious, is this normal? And what's the point of them?
I wonder.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:49 PM   #359
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
speaking of the end of reason, Sofia Vergara is being sued by 2 embryos, named Emma and Isabella. because embryos are people.

i know this isn't Trump related, exactly, but given that the GOP cares about two things (lowering taxes on rich people, the leveraging of the rights of embryos over born and grown women), we can look forward to more of this in the future.

and realize what it could mean if the embryos win.
Imagine all the wrongful death lawsuits sperm could file...
Old 12-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor

@DrDavidDuke: Great Pick! - Gen. Flynn's retweet shows he knows that the Saudis, ISIS & the Jewish-NeoCons are the real enemies - NOT Assad & NOT Russia! https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/stat...750144/photo/1