Trump General Discussion III - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #261
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
But it's the smallest percentage, so that would be to just be concerned about those.

Austin is the gay-friendliest city in Texas, given Bob's history and the context I think most of us can read between the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
One of the gay friendliest cities in the country. It has a known reputation.
Maybe something happened to Bob in Austin after too many appletinis and that's why he's angry?

Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
He was able to maintain a decent approval rating, but he was so aloof and incapable of relating to a good chunk of the country. His sycophants in the party emulated his cosmopolitan teacher's lounge attitude, when the country was craving more common sense leadership from the podium.
Yeah, 'cause Trump's so much more relatable tp the working class, what with his mansions and businesses with his name plastered everywhere and his fancy cars and lifestyles and literal gold-plated items.

And if people want common sense leadership, Trump is a piss-poor example of somebody to look to for any of that. His proposed wall, his Muslim registry, his lack of understanding of foreign policy, to name a few examples-so many people have pointed out how ridiculous and nonsensical those ideas are, and how ignorant he is of the job he's about to take on.

Quote:
At least my thoughts are a little fresher than the

-ist, -phobic, -ist, -phobic

Rinse and repeat that happens several times a day here

In the election didn't come down to what offends you, but rather what affects you
Trump is so horribly thin-skinned that he goes on Twitter to bitch and moan and pick fights anytime somebody dares slight him or is "mean" to him.

And Trump supporters in here are acting all offended over the idea of people calling those who supported him racist/sexist/xenophobic.

I guess it just depends on who the offensive comments are targeted at, doesn't it?

Old 12-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #263
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:27 AM
Quote:
The whole implication was that all or most of undocumented Mexicans were criminals, and that's simply not true. It's just another lie Bannon concocted for your vote.

And then by magic Mexicans will vote Republican because now they have jobs and are safe. Since they couldn't think for themselves previously and the only jobs they can get are the under the table jobs that their criminal cousins used to have.

You should look in a mirror every once in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Never said that. The people I want out first and foremost are illegals that commit crimes, don't pay taxes, etc.
The Republicans haven't done much to go out and fight for minority voters. If we start cleaning up their crime ridden areas and open up jobs for them that are being stolen by illegals who work for less, Hispanics will be more inclined to vote Republican. I know this because I live in a predominantly Hispanic area. I don't sit up in some privileged white neighborhood in Massachusetts like some others folks on here. I get these impressions from actually discussing this with Hispanics who have moved here from Mexico. They all know that illegal immigration is a huge problem. They're the ones telling me! I wasn't surprised one bit by the fact that Hispanics outperformed for Trump. I predicted it months ago.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:15 PM   #264
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
Never said that. The people I want out first and foremost are illegals that commit crimes, don't pay taxes, etc.

what about legals that commit crimes and don't pay taxes?

like Donald Trump.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
what about legals that commit crimes and don't pay taxes?

like Donald Trump.

Oh man, you are so clever and original.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:41 PM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

The Ohio legislature has put a bill in front of Kasich during the lame duck session that would ban abortion at 6 weeks. Something that has repeatedly been found to be unconstitutional, but there you have it.

This is what Republican legislatures think of tax dollars earned by hard working Americans. Dipping into state emergency funds to appeal something that everyone knew was unconstitutional to begin with. Imagine the outrage if this had been the Democrats.

Quote:
The Wisconsin Department of Justice agreed Thursday to pay $1.6 million in attorney fees and other legal costs to Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, and several other plaintiffs who successfully challenged one of the state's abortion laws.

The case challenged the requirement that abortion providers in Wisconsin have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles of their clinic. In March 2015, a district court judge ruled that the law was unconstitutional. The state of Wisconsin twice appealed the case, driving up legal costs for the plaintiffs. In both appeals, the state lost: The circuit court agreed with the initial court's decision, as did the US Supreme Court this June, rejecting the case the day after it overturned a similar admitting-privileges provision in Texas. Now Wisconsin taxpayers will have to foot the bill for the legal costs from the appeals.

This settlement comes on the heels of similar legal fee awards in three other states. In March, North Carolina had to pay $1 million to the Center for Reproductive Rights, Planned Parenthood, and the ACLU after losing a federal lawsuit over a law requiring providers to show women seeking abortions ultrasound images of their fetuses, accompanied by a description of the image contents from their physician, at least four hours before getting the procedure. The state also appealed the decision multiple times, driving up the legal tab. Ultimately, North Carolina had to dip into an emergency fund to pay the settlement.

In August, Alabama agreed to pay $1.7 million in legal costs to Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, and other groups after they successfully challenged a state law requiring hospital admitting privileges for abortion providers. In the same week, a Missouri district court required the state to pay $156,000 in legal fees to Planned Parenthood Great Plains after the court struck down the state's admitting-privileges law.
Wisconsin Taxpayers Just Got Stuck Paying $1.6 Million for the State's Abortion Fight | Mother Jones
Old 12-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #267
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Oh man, you are so clever and original.

you set yourself up pretty well there, bob.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #268
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The Republicans haven't done much to go out and fight for minority voters. If we start cleaning up their crime ridden areas and open up jobs for them that are being stolen by illegals who work for less, Hispanics will be more inclined to vote Republican. I know this because I live in a predominantly Hispanic area. I don't sit up in some privileged white neighborhood in Massachusetts like some others folks on here. I get these impressions from actually discussing this with Hispanics who have moved here from Mexico. They all know that illegal immigration is a huge problem. They're the ones telling me! I wasn't surprised one bit by the fact that Hispanics outperformed for Trump. I predicted it months ago.

So when you deport the 8% that commit crimes our streets will be safe?

Great plan, how come no one ever thought of this before?

Decades of Republican lead, and Texas' streets are paved with gold and lollipops? What have y'all been doing? You let some reality tv star think of this brilliant plan first? Next he might think of building a wall to keep them out forever.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:20 PM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
you set yourself up pretty well there, bob.

Yes I did.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #270
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
So when you deport the 8% that commit crimes our streets will be safe?

Great plan, how come no one ever thought of this before?

Decades of Republican lead, and Texas' streets are paved with gold and lollipops? What have y'all been doing? You let some reality tv star think of this brilliant plan first? Next he might think of building a wall to keep them out forever.

Find me a source for that 8% please.
Obama has cut our funding for controlling the border. Sadly, there's only so much we can do as a state.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:33 PM   #271
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:27 PM
Quote:
For what it's worth, I do think that little snippet I posted from Wikipedia (citing some other article of course) is well worth a read.
I did read it, that was what I was referring to.

Quote:
One of the gay friendliest cities in the country. It has a known reputation.
That was my immediate assumption as well. It didn't go unnoticed, I'm surprised it went unrepreimanded. It was one of the most offensive posts I've ever read on this board. If that kind of speech is tolerated here, not sure this is the kind of place I'd like to be.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
By all means, go and read my post I just made to Irvine. I am very well aware that differing opinions don't make someone stupid.

I do think ignorance is far different from stupidity.

I don't think he was being ignorant. He was being manipulative. He tried to make a logical statement without using logic. And given the subject, it was at my expense. I will call him stupid. It also offended me. Anyone who offends me I reserve the right to tell them to fuck off. That's my choice. He can't be reasoned with, so why should I bother being polite? And no, I won't just "take a break." You're not my mother, dude. And you're not a moderator. Stop telling me to take a break.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #273
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Trump General Discussion III

Quote:
Find me a source for that 8% please.
Obama has cut our funding for controlling the border. Sadly, there's only so much we can do as a state.

Only 7% of our prison population is illegal, but that includes everything from possession to murder. So I don't know how much is violent. Plus a few may still be at large so I rounded it up.

The point is, it's no where near the 75% that your information bubble tries to paint.

You think the issue is only 8 years old? You're cute. People have been using "the wall" to get elected before you were born. Then they discover it's not feasible and wouldn't work, or we'd already have one.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I'm going to go on record as not liking the flavor of butt.

okie dokie
Old 12-07-2016, 04:58 PM   #275
Refugee

Quote:
You can only gerrymander so much. That may only account for about 5 of those seats. Democrats do it too in Illinois. Obama's lasting legacy will be that he decimated the Democratic Party as its leader. He was able to maintain a decent approval rating, but he was so aloof and incapable of relating to a good chunk of the country. His sycophants in the party emulated his cosmopolitan teacher's lounge attitude, when the country was craving more common sense leadership from the podium.

The obstruction was a natural pushback from the people who elected Republicans to block more bills like the Stimulus and ACA when Obama had both house. Don't forget Massachusetts sent Republican Scott Brown to fill the Kennedy seat to stop the ACA by denying the democrats a supermajority. IIRC the used the bill passed before Brown got there in conjunction with a later house bill. There was no Republican support in either body for the bill. Obama's promise that the ACA would save the average American family 2500 dollars a year is a painful joke-lie for the majority of People who have seen their costs spiral out of control. Despite the stock market numbers, and the misleading unemployment numbers, the middle class has been living in Carteresque malaise for 8 years.

Once he lost Congress Obama resorted to executive orders which can now be undone. Basically he will have no lasting legacy. He hopped on the bandwagon of marriage equality when the natural cultural progression made it a political asset. He didn't appear on the scene actively touting it to be a cornerstone of his Presidency in 2007. That would be different.

History will not be kind to Obama.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:39 PM   #276
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post

Everyone likes a good piece of fiction

Old 12-07-2016, 05:41 PM   #277
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:27 PM
So the 'butt rape" post. Yeah, kind made me do a double take.
Butt rape, vag rape, oral copulation rape by penis, digit or foreign object is all wrong.
I think I covered most all categories, if I missed one, please add it to the list.

I do believe a lot more anal sex and oral copulation is practiced by straight people than gay people. I am sure there is some vag sex that does not include a penis that is practiced by non-straight people.

On this discussion board or any discussion board, I think it would be an over reaction to get upset enough to want a reprimand about the term butt-rape in and of itself.

I am not willing to surrender all things 'butt' to the gay community, as much as I like and support them. I hope no one gets butt-hurt over this.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:48 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

TIL it is best to watch your 6 O'clock when visiting Austin
Old 12-07-2016, 05:52 PM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:27 AM
Honestly, I can't believe DaveC is the only 'regular' who's completely left this dumpster fire of a thread.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #280
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
TIL it is best to watch your 6 O'clock when visiting Austin

jokes about rape, this is how we got a president that admits to sexually assaulting women.

If WWIII doesn't do it maybe God will smite us