Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ridiculous and offensive lawsuit.

I don't know anything about Louisiana law, but how would this unconnected individual ever be granted standing in this case?

Louisiana's legal system has a reputation for being a little... batshit crazy, no?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I realized that, right after I posted it. :lol: Oh well...it was a wish.
How about he gets impeached on his first day as president?
to me this is like when people wished bush jr. would've gotten impeached (or worse, shot): if trump is impeached, we get pence. if bush had been impeached or shot, we would've gotten cheney. both scenarios are far more terrifying than keeping the president in place, sadly enough.

Is Pence truly more terrifying?

More personally harmful, but, is he swinging slaps at China? Is he a celebrity who tweets his presidency?

to me this is like when people wished bush jr. would've gotten impeached (or worse, shot): if trump is impeached, we get pence. if bush had been impeached or shot, we would've gotten cheney. both scenarios are far more terrifying than keeping the president in place, sadly enough.
Nah.

If he were impeached within the first year, the hearings would drag out and grind Congress to a stand still for most of his first two years in office.

The democrats would inevitably get a bump heading into 2018 as the opposition party, and if they can wrestle away control of the Congress, there's very little a wounded President Pence would be able to get done legislatively, while at least being a somewhat sane and rational person in case of national crisis.

Because end of the day, that is what we should all be most terrified by; what will Trump do in a time of crisis? We've seen how he reacts to some of the horrific events that happened during the campaign (Pulse comes to mind), and the thoughts of him actually being in charge when inevitably something of crisis occurs is terrifying.

Dick Cheney was always the de facto president, so nothing would have changed if W was impeached.

President-elect Donald Trump reportedly is considering former Mets manager Bobby Valentine to be US ambassador to Japan.

jd89FWD.jpg

Trump will keep his role in Celebrity Apprentice. Fucking A, what did you people do?!

He's the best at multi-tasking. The best.

Why can't a president run the country and his business ventures? He's earned his keep right? How dare the big bad government tell him what to do!!!

He's a maverick!!

Maybe his Cabinet members will be the competitors?

Maybe a bit of a crossover with the Hunger Games?

Intelligence community officials have confirmed that president-elect Donald Trump has declined many of the daily intelligence briefings that have been offered to him, a Senate aide confirmed to CBS News’ Margaret Brennan. The Washington Post first reported that Mr. Trump was turning away intelligence briefings in the weeks after the election.

Two key Senate Democrats -- Ben Cardin of Maryland and Dianne Feinstein of California -- expressed dismay about this in an op-ed published Thursday by USA TODAY.

“Indeed, we find it particularly troubling that President-elect Trump has mostly declined to take the daily intelligence briefing. Presidents and presidents-elect going back decades have begun their day this way — understanding national security threats and opportunities, asking probing questions, and making tough decisions,” they wrote.

This is understandable as it would significantly eat into his Tweeting time and victory rallies.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

could we look at it this way, do we really want him in on these briefings? It's painfully obvious that he's not interesting in governing. This is a Pence administration, with Trump as the face/voice. Pence has brought in all the xtian, anti women, anti climate, anti education officials.

Trump's brought in the racists.

Intelligence briefings from the people that brought us ISIS? Obama fired all the Generals that knew what they were doing and replaced them with people that don't believe Islamic terror exist.

Seriously, what would Trump do with facts? They would just cloud his feelings. If he doesn't know and understand what's going on, then his minions won't know and understand. It's a win-win for our new post-fact world.

When Obama didn't like the facts, he fired the fact-profiders and put in people that told him what he wanted to hear, hence worst foreign policies, ever.

Intelligence briefings from the people that brought us ISIS? Obama fired all the Generals that knew what they were doing and replaced them with people that don't believe Islamic terror exist.

Find another way to interact with this forum that doesn't involve trolling.

So you know how every once in a while Obama would go on the Daily Show or Colbert or Between Two Ferns and people on the right (like Fox News) vilified him for taking time away from his job to do these shows?

Now Kellyanne Conway is saying that Trump will do the Apprentice in "his spare time". What spare time does a president have exactly? Somehow I think the same people who were up in arms about Obama appearing on those shows will not complain much about Trump.

So you know how every once in a while Obama would go on the Daily Show or Colbert or Between Two Ferns and people on the right (like Fox News) vilified him for taking time away from his job to do these shows?

Now Kellyanne Conway is saying that Trump will do the Apprentice in "his spare time". What spare time does a president have exactly? Somehow I think the same people who were up in arms about Obama appearing on those shows will not complain much about Trump.

The only consistent principle the right has exhibited this election is hypocrisy.

You guys, the left and MSM, almost fooled me. You kind of had me believing if Trump won there would be a financial melt down. I almost got out of my stocks. But, I figured I just ride it out. Most of mine is paying dividends around 4%. So now, since the Trump election we are having a new record high almost everyday. From 18,000 will soon break trough 20,000. So glad Hillary did not win, So glad Trump won a landslide of 57% of the EC vote.

Lying, corrupt, warmonger, neoliberal disaster Hillary Clinton preferred defeating Bernie Sanders and losing the general election to fascist Donald Trump, over losing to Sanders and Bernie then defeating Trump. Truly, an awful, awful woman, who only thinks of herself. Trump is her and all the brainless Hillbots' fault. Never forget and never forgive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom