Trump General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know for a fact that Obama and Democrats in general had issues with Fox News and sites like Breitbart. But those issues began and ended with complaining about it publicly.

Now you have Kellyanne Conway warning Harry Reid to be “very careful about characterizing somebody in a legal sense”, an obvious threat of legal action against critics. Trump himself has mused about changing the libel laws, which would have a chilling effect on media whose purpose is to hold those in power accountable.

This is extremely worrisome, a direct threat to the Constitution and the First Amendment, and one of the reasons why many of us are fearful that the U.S. will turn into a dictatorship.

very disturbing, is he going to be running the country like his businesses, going after everyone with lawsuits? dangerous narcissist and total waste of taxpayers' money... bring it on though - he can't take the whole world to court! the whole thing will backfire so badly if he tries to pull a stunt like that...

Those exercepts from Breitbart article you are reading a Milo Yiannopolis (young Gay, British) Satirist-Agititaor.

He's basically made it his to be the anti-SJW. Goes on college speaking tours where he is usually picketed for his views on Feminism. He makes no qualms about being just a troll to piss people off or challenge prevailing campus culture.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Bannon ran the site. And Milo was banned from Twitter for spewing hate speech.

very disturbing, is he going to be running the country like his businesses, going after everyone with lawsuits? dangerous narcissist and total waste of taxpayers' money... bring it on though - he can't take the whole world to court! the whole thing will backfire so badly if he tries to pull a stunt like that...

His people are ridiculous and collectively will have to grown a thicker skin. As president he'll be the laughingstock of the nation and the world all day, every day. Buck up!

Where were they the 8 years that their side slandered Obama left, right and centre? Like you know when Trump was insisting that Obama wasn't American-born?

A white supremacist is lead advisor to the President elect.

This is who you voted for.

Well done.

In your mind explain to me how the head of a Breaitbart.com = White Supremacisit

It's the conservative Huffington Post.

Informative, funny, also satire

I have never read a 'white supremacy' article on there

Just one dude's opinion here..

Truth right there.

Also to the Bannon detractors, if the white supremacist claims were true, why didn't you and the media run with it the second he was hired?

Seems like it would have lead the nightly news in September if a president hired a real white supremacist to be CEO of his campaign.

Also, Oregoropa, you don't think an article entitled "The Confederate Flag: Proclaiming a Glorious Heritage" might have some white supremacist content?

Truth right there.

Also to the Bannon detractors, if the white supremacist claims were true, why didn't you and the media run with it the second he was hired?

Seems like it would have lead the nightly news in September if a president hired a real white supremacist to be CEO of his campaign.

Ummm yea. It was a big story when he was hired. It was seen as Trump doubling down in his rhetoric.

Thanks, though.

It's amazing how high the bar is for some to be able see the racism they've aided and abetted.

It's as if the only real racism comes from the KKK and the only wai a candidate could ever be a racist pushing a racist platform is if he were endorsed by the KKK.

Oh, wait ...

Last edited:
And reading about Trump and the nuclear codes and the "Deep Secrets" this morning was just about the most upsetting, chilling thing I've ever read.

I think Trump is just going to be a pawn. It will be a struggle internally between the Republican establishment (probably licking at the chops with the realization he knows nothing about anything in regards to how a government runs) and the Bannon-types who want to go completely rogue. Generally I think Trump is far too lazy to actually put in the time so whichever faction wins will be pulling his puppet strings.

I can remember reading in here where George W Bush was a racist and he was going to "nuke us all", or whatever the hysteria of the moment was at that time. Perhaps that was Cheney instead of Bush, it's hard to even remember at this point. Anyway, it's a miracle we survived that unstable time period without mass extinction.

These last few years must have been like the Garden of Eden oasis, given what once was and what will soon be again. That racist TRUMP is going to nuke us all really really soon! Poor Baron, he'll never have had the chance to realize his father's dreams. Maybe we should all just party like it's 1999 and give a Bigly "FU" to our boss at our jobs and throw away our mortgage payments on exotic necessities to get us through till the end.

Now please excuse me while i go and listen to 'American Idiot' on repeat while waxing my Stingray. YaY nostalgia!! Sound the TRUMPETS!!!

Teju Cole, a hero:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/magazine/a-time-for-refusal.html

It is a Sunday afternoon in a provincial town in France. Two men meet at a cafe. One of them, Berenger, is half-drunk. He is being berated by his companion, Jean. All of the sudden, they hear a great noise. When they and other townspeople crane their necks to figure out what’s going on, they see a large animal thundering down one of the streets, stamping and snorting all the way. A rhinoceros! Not long after, there’s another. They are startled. It’s outrageous. Something must be done. What they begin to do is argue heatedly about whether the second rhino was the first one going past a second time or a different one, and then about whether the rhinos are African or Asiatic.

Things become more disturbing in the next act. (This is a play: “Rhinoceros,” written by Eugène Ionesco.) The rhino sightings continue to be the subject of pointless dispute. Then, one by one, various people in the town begin to turn into rhinos. Their skin hardens, bumps appear over their noses and grow into horns. Jean had been one of those scandalized by the first two rhino sightings, but he becomes a rhino, too. Midway through his metamorphosis, Berenger argues with him: “You must admit that we have a philosophy that animals don’t share, and an irreplaceable set of values, which it’s taken centuries of human civilization to build up.” Jean, well on his way to being a rhino, retorts, “When we’ve demolished all that, we’ll be better off!”

It is an epidemic of “rhinoceritis.” Almost everyone succumbs: those who admire the brute force of the rhinos, those who didn’t believe the sightings to begin with, those who initially found them alarming. One character, Dudard, declares, “If you’re going to criticize, it’s better to do so from the inside.” And so he willingly undergoes the metamorphosis, and there’s no way back for him.

On Aug. 19, 2015, shortly after midnight, the brothers Stephen and Scott Leader assaulted Guillermo Rodriguez. Rodriguez had been sleeping near a train station in Boston. The Leader brothers beat him with a metal pipe, breaking his nose and bruising his ribs, and called him a “wetback.” They urinated on him. “All these illegals need to be deported,” they are said to have declared during the attack. The brothers were fans of the candidate who would go on to win the Republican party’s presidential nomination. Told of the incident at the time, that candidate said: “People who are following me are very passionate. They love this country, and they want this country to be great again.”

That was the moment when my mental alarm bells, already ringing, went amok. There were many other astonishing events to come — the accounts of sexual violence, the evidence of racism, the promise of torture, the advocacy of war crimes — but the assault on Rodriguez, as well as the largely tolerant response to it, was a marker. Some people were outraged, but outrage soon became its own ineffectual reflex. Others found a rich vein of humor in the parade of obscenities and cruelties. Others simply took a view similar to that of the character Botard in Ionesco’s play: “I don’t mean to be offensive. But I don’t believe a word of it. No rhinoceros has ever been seen in this country!”

Evil settles into everyday life when people are unable or unwilling to recognize it. It makes its home among us when we are keen to minimize it or describe it as something else. This is not a process that began a week or month or year ago. It did not begin with drone assassinations, or with the war on Iraq. Evil has always been here. But now it has taken on a totalitarian tone.

Last edited:
This will be one of the most difficult aspects of the next four years, trying to have a REAL discussion about race or misogyny, because there honestly is no interest there.

Some cannot recognize it without a hood or the use of the n word, therefore hyperbole. Others, as we just saw, will just make up shit or twist what was said so as to not have to admit there was racism or sexism.

Our country has just turned into the comments section.

This will be one of the most difficult aspects of the next four years, trying to have a REAL discussion about race or misogyny, because there honestly is no interest there.

Some cannot recognize it without a hood or the use of the n word, therefore hyperbole. Others, as we just saw, will just make up shit or twist what was said so as to not have to admit there was racism or sexism.

Our country has just turned into the comments section.

that was a short vacation :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom