Trump General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My final map I missed Virginia, NH, CO, NV, Maine, and MN

I was closer than anybody else

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You ignored my point. And I don't know what your final map was, but I recall a map with four or five states being blue. California, Illinois, New York I think, and Maryland.

Even with a Trump win in an electoral landslide, that was a pipe dream. It ignored the neural bias towards democrats (indicated in the popular vote despite the loss).

You drew up something of a Reaganesque map. Where the entire nation would defy neutral and be a literal republican landslide. I'm sorry, but a literal landslide wasn't possible in this epoch. It just wasn't.

So, American friends, we often hear about the checks and balances that exist in the United States system of government.

With a Republican held House and Senate, what sort of check will there be on Trump's power? It would seem to me that Republicans would be too spineless to stand up to Trump if he does something that is so outrageous that they don't agree with. In this environment, what can or can't he do? It would seem to me that he has carte blache to do anything he wants. Somebody please tell me that this is not the case.

So, American friends, we often hear about the checks and balances that exist in the United States system of government.

With a Republican held House and Senate, what sort of check will there be on Trump's power? It would seem to me that Republicans would be too spineless to stand up to Trump if he does something that is so outrageous that they don't agree with. In this environment, what can or can't he do? It would seem to me that he has carte blache to do anything he wants. Somebody please tell me that this is not the case.

The only hope we have is that some in the house and senate who denounced Trump during his campaign are defiant towards his fuckery when he wants to enact bullshit.

So basically... our only hope is the leadership of Paul Ryan :/ otherwise, he can do anything he wants.

Great. Just great.

According to excerpts of his 60 Minutes interview, he has softened his stance on a wall on the Mexican border, saying it could be a fence in some places. Someone else on his team said in other places they could have a "virtual wall" with drones.

Oh and he wants to deport 3 million illegal immigrants who have a criminal record. Cool beans.

I'm trying to cool down, but I think this is an important point:

People aren't mad because they lost.

People are legitmately scared.

This is very, very different from 2000 or 2004.

I understand.
Its not about the message, its about the delivery.
That's all I'm getting at.
I'll just mosey back to the Lemonade Stand and let you folks have at it.

Ahhh just keep repeating the mantra 'racism, xenophobia, and white nationalism'

The mantra that has been repeated over and over and over.

Trump's Mantra that anyone who isn't white stands in the way of Making America Great again?

I'm trying to cool down, but I think this is an important point:

People aren't mad because they lost.

People are legitmately scared.

This is very, very different from 2000 or 2004.

This.

I'd also like to think I've been pretty calm in here, except for right after what happened to my nephew happened.

I need at least one place I can feel I can voice my opinion.

The only hope we have is that some in the house and senate who denounced Trump during his campaign are defiant towards his fuckery when he wants to enact bullshit.

So basically... our only hope is the leadership of Paul Ryan :/ otherwise, he can do anything he wants.

That's kinda on the extreme side. The house and Senate owe trump nothing, so they're unlikely to feel any need to actively support all of his policies. They will likely veto many many things, should he pass anything at all in the first place.

There is the good ole Executive order that Obama liked so much, but there are limits to what he can do there.

The SCOTUS, even if Obama doesn't find a way to sneak justice 9 in, is as balanced now as it was before the election. So that side of the checks and balances system is also still stable.

It's what happens when he meets with other world leaders, and puts his cabinet into play that truly scares me right now.

Owe him nothing? Half of them support him. The other half are fearful of him -- he clearly has no regard for individuals keeping their seats. He's using his "shit list." He's going to have his congress working with him on the majority of shit. Especially because the majority of the shit that they're going to put forward is gonna come from Pence and the rest of his administration. Trump is gonna do whatever makes him popular enough to be re-elected.

Yay! Now a friend of mine was attacked in a 7-11 parking lot and told that he needed to go back to Africa, he's living in Trump's America now and if he doesn't watch out he'll be back in the fields picking cotton soon.

:happy:

Yay! Now a friend of mine was attacked in a 7-11 parking lot and told that he needed to go back to Africa, he's living in Trump's America now and if he doesn't watch out he'll be back in the fields picking cotton soon.

:happy:

Awful. We knew racism was alive, but it's incredibly sad to see it coming back into power.

Paul Ryan is going to be voted out.
Hopefully Trey Gowdy will take over as speaker. :hyper:

View attachment 10980
If you support these protests, you support rape.

That's disgusting. I don't get anyone who's hating on Melania and making horrible comments about her. I personally feel sorry for her.

(Yes, I remember her plagiarizing Michelle Obama's speech at the RNC, but I don't think she really had much control, if any, over that. I think she's been a pawn for the Republicans to play with as they want. And even if that was her decision, it still doesn't mean she deserves shit like this.)

That's disgusting. I don't get anyone who's hating on Melania and making horrible comments about her. I personally feel sorry for her.

(Yes, I remember her plagiarizing Michelle Obama's speech at the RNC, but I don't think she really had much control, if any, over that. I think she's been a pawn for the Republicans to play with as they want. And even if that was her decision, it still doesn't mean she deserves shit like this.)

It's a disgusting sign, but I don't think its intention is to hate on Melania. It's to hate on Trump, considering he's been accused of raping his former wife.

It's still not OK, but I do love that we're seeing the usual MO from the people who aren't being attacked:

Find one example on the other side. Run with it as a justification for all of the other bad happening on the opposite side.

It's a disgusting sign, but I don't think its intention is to hate on Melania. It's to hate on Trump, considering he's been accused of raping his former wife.

So that suddenly makes it okay?!???
Bill Clinton's been accused of rape and no one's out there with signs saying "rape Hillary" or "rape Chelsea".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom