Trump General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100 per cent, a secured and controled boarder has always only been the goal.

Again why would anybody be against that, really why are the Democrats against that

this might be the most naked and sad attempt at backpedaling i've ever heard. of course he promised a real wall.

this might be the most naked and sad attempt at backpedaling i've ever heard. of course he promised a real wall.

yes he did and he will.

Each of the 50 states can choose a governor

31 Republicans, and 19 Democrats

Each of the 50 states can elect 2 senators

52 GOP 48 Democrats

And each of the 435 congressional districts they choose Republican or Democrat

242 - 193 , ok, a little gerrymander here, but not state houses or senate

The American people clearly prefer Republicans over Democrats

Also, thousands of local and state officials have turned republican since 2010.
The great Rush Limbaugh wrote a beautiful piece about it today.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...hese_calls_for_trump_to_unify_with_the_losers

You missed the point, build the wall was a metaphor for secure the border to prevent uncontrolled immigration and truckloads of illegal drugs coming in and killing people

Why would anybody be against that

He will build the wall and the illegals will go. Bring back jobs for americans. Bring back jobs to our inner cities. the african american community is suffering and the system is rigged against them. we're gonna bring back our factories and frack baby frack. will create millions of wonderful jobs for the lower and middle class especially. our lower class is a mess and our poverty rates are higher since they've been since the depression.

Listen, Obama's half-brother Malik is already getting the country organized for the wall building. ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1478849508.088036.jpg

(His twitter account is pure gold. Big Trump supporter. Barack treated his fam side poorly)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He will build the wall

the largest professional civil engineering guild in north america has already promised that any engineering firm that designs this wall will be immediately discredited due to ethical concerns.

you can't get work, at all, without being accredited, because it's illegal to hire an unapproved engineering firm. it's especially illegal for the united states federal government to hire an unlicensed engineering firm for a federally funded project.

the only firms that are large enough to properly design and execute something of this scale (a 70-100 foot along a two thousand foot mile border in some of the most inaccessible areas of the country, requiring the construction of entire cities from scratch in the middle of the desert to house and support the workers) are in the top five to ten civil engineering firms on earth.

none of those firms are going to risk their accreditation, and by extension their entire businesses, on building this wall that is impossible to build, because:

- to build it would require at a minimum (ie for the wall itself, not counting worker cities or roads) the entire concrete output of the united states for one entire year to be redirected to this project, which would create an acute shortage of concrete for nearly every single building project in america for at least one year. surely that will do wonders for the economy.

- trump has eight years starting in january to, from scratch, design this wall, go through every legal hoop blocking construction (there are reservations this thing would go through - see standing rock), including an inevitable SCOTUS challenge, and then build literally two thousand miles of this damn thing in the middle of nowhere. the federal government can barely build a park or an office building in eight years, so a project of this magnitude is going to require a literal lifetime of staunch republican wall supporters.

- "the israeli wall!" which is at it max planned length 25% of the length of the us-mexico border, never more than a few miles away from a major city (LOLOLOLOL), and still is only barely halfway finished after 15 years?

so, all that being said, what makes you so sure this wall is going up, ever, at all?

Last edited:
Trump may have said some naughty non PC things. But my god, we finally have a fresh set of eyes that are not bought and paid for by lobbyists.

Congress is ready to drop that tax plan. Rates across the board for all Americans. Half of all citizens will pay no fed income tax. Closes hedge fund loopholes as the main constraint.

Repatriate the offshore profits of corporations at 10%. Government takes in 500 billion at least from that.
Corporate rate drop to 15% and German companies start opening plants in Pennsylvania and Ohio. The US becomes a global tax haven overnight.

The past 25 years of our government has been about control, now we break free. Start making a profit. Trump wants an infrastructure bill and the Dems eat that shit up. Healthy government spending. Not a failed stimulus meant to prop up state government union funds. That was the shovel ready horseshit that gave birth to the tea party.

the largest professional civil engineering guild in north america has already promised that any engineering firm that designs this wall will be immediately discredited due to ethical concerns.

you can't get work, at all, without being accredited, because it's illegal to hire an unapproved engineering firm. it's especially illegal for the united states federal government to hire an unlicensed engineering firm for a federally funded project.

the only firms that are large enough to properly design and execute something of this scale (a 70-100 foot along a two thousand foot mile border in some of the most inaccessible areas of the country, requiring the construction of entire cities from scratch in the middle of the desert to house and support the workers) are in the top five to ten civil engineering firms on earth.

none of those firms are going to risk their accreditation, and by extension their entire businesses, on building this wall that is impossible to build, because:

- to build it would require at a minimum (ie for the wall itself, not counting worker cities or roads) the entire concrete output of the united states for one entire year to be redirected to this project, which would create an acute shortage of concrete for nearly every single building project in america for at least one year. surely that will do wonders for the economy.

- trump has eight years starting in january to, from scratch, design this wall, go through every legal hoop blocking construction (there are reservations this thing would go through - see standing rock), including an inevitable SCOTUS challenge, and then build literally two thousand miles of this damn thing in the middle of nowhere. the federal government can barely build a park or an office building in eight years, so a project of this magnitude is going to require a literal lifetime of staunch republican wall supporters.

- "the israeli wall!" which is at it max planned length 25% of the length of the us-mexico border, never more than a few miles away from a major city (LOLOLOLOL), and still is only barely halfway finished after 15 years?

so, all that being said, what makes you so sure this wall is going up, ever, at all?

But but but ... muh border wall! /bobsaget

DaveC - The Manhattan project took 3 years. We got to the moon in ten.

The red tape you talk about exists because of government. Trump can take a big pair of scissors to the system. Lawsuits and unfriendly judges might slow him down.

The wall can take many forms along the border. It already exists in populated crossing points. Digital, Aerial, Seismic technology. A minimal physical barrier is totally feasible with strong points in key areas.

You missed the point, build the wall was a metaphor for secure the border to prevent uncontrolled immigration and truckloads of illegal drugs coming in and killing people

Why would anybody be against that

No one would be against that. Only problem is that so far efforts more concrete than a metaphorical wall have not seemed to work. So why the metaphorical wall would work is beyond me.

Trump may have said some naughty non PC things.
You say what?

The US becomes a global tax haven overnight.
No it won't.
BEPS has been introduced to make sure Companies pay their taxes in the countries where they create their profits. It would only make sense to move production facilities to the US if labour is a lot cheaper than China or the production process a lot more efficient than Germany.
You might not have heard of BEPS though. Neither has Trump probably.

You are the one living in bizarro.
The liberals/dems have been decimated since 2010 at all levels of government, yet project themselves to be the majority. Now we own it all.
We will make america great again.

You fell for a two-bit used car salesman that promised to bring back jobs even McCain knew were long gone in 2008. This man thinks a 45% tariff on Chinese and Mexican trade is a cure for a supposedly ailing job market. No knowledge of foreign policy, no experience, no tact, no humanity. Most saw through this: a mere quarter of the eligible population voted for him and he couldn't even put together as many votes as Romney in 2012 despite facing an enormously unpopular opponent. All the rhetoric in the world couldn't make him an appealing candidate to most Americans.

But you were among the minority that took the bait. You got conned and I pity you.

Last edited:

Pffft, don't you know logic and facts clearly have no place in this discussion?

(Seriously, though, I'd just love to hear the Trump supporters try and explain how this wall's going to be enough to keep all immigrants out. See, there's these things that exist called airplanes, and tunnels, and taking boats off the Pacific and Gulf Coasts. Immigrants can fly over the wall, or dig underneath the wall and take an underground trek, or ride a boat up to the west coast of California, or the coastlines of Mississippi, Alabama, or Florida, and come in that way.

So remind me again how this wall's going to solve our immigration problem?)

Last edited:
Trump may have said some naughty non PC things.

Fuck this! I'm out. Between this, the shadow puppet with no principals that calls himself Bob, and the folks that wouldn't recognize a fact if you put it in their face.

If America doesn't want to think again, fine, idiocracy it is.

The celebration of ignorance now has a king, a face(as orange as it may be), and the backing of the klan. Pat yourselves on the back, you just lit the match that will burn everything you love down to the ground. Why? Because you chose feeling, fear, and hatred over fact and reality.

You all were instrumental in the biggest con job in American history, enjoy. I'm taking a vacation.

https://youtu.be/GLG9g7BcjKs

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

:up:

It's time to stop broadly attacking people with needs and opinions, treating them collectively as if they're monsters. Even if they are indeed vile individuals, and some of them certainly may be, personal attacks are not the manner in which to change minds.

It's time to start attacking ideologies. It's time to challenge flawed perspectives and misinformation. There's a ton of it out there now, and as Trump continues to spread more of it, it will be all the more imperative to not condescend to his base. If the left is to take back some control in 2018 and slam the door shut in 2020, these seeds need to be sown now.

Trump voters made a foolish decision, but most of them did so either out of fear or perceived necessity. I'm as frustrated with our situation as the next guy, but a little empathy goes a long way towards 1) preserving your sanity and 2) being able to successfully challenge ideas.

Last edited:

It's time to stop broadly attacking people with needs and opinions, treating them collectively as if they're monsters. Even if they are indeed vile individuals, and some of them certainly may be, personal attacks are not the manner in which to change minds.

It's time to start attacking ideologies. It's time to challenge flawed perspectives and misinformation. There's a ton of it out there now, and as Trump continues to spread more of it, it will be all the more imperative to not condescend to his base. If the left is to take back some control in 2018 and slam the door shut in 2020, these seeds need to be sown now.

Trump voters made a foolish decision, but most of them did so either out of fear or perceived necessity. I'm as frustrated with our situation as the next guy, but a little empathy goes a long way towards 1) preserving your sanity and 2) being able to successfully challenge ideas.

Portland is not the correct way to address the situation.

I've resigned myself to the fact that Trump is our president and the Republicans now will rule the country. I blame the Dems for this outcome. They had a flawed candidate in Hillary who came across
(to me) as being extremely phony, non-emotional, not trustworthy, sneaky, etc. She may have none
of these traits. but that's the feeling I got from her. I did not like her at all and I consider myself a Democrat. The mood in the country was so overwhelmingly against the politics in Washington
that even if Joe Biden was running against Trump, I still believe it wouldn't have mattered.
Trump would've still won. Sorry state of affairs, for sure. But hey, let's see what happens.
Let's see what this con man can do. The only bit of hope is that he'll be impeached before
his 4 year run.

He will build the wall and the illegals will go. Bring back jobs for americans. Bring back jobs to our inner cities. the african american community is suffering and the system is rigged against them. we're gonna bring back our factories and frack baby frack. will create millions of wonderful jobs for the lower and middle class especially. our lower class is a mess and our poverty rates are higher since they've been since the depression.

Even if he does create jobs in this manner, the problem is they are non-sustainable. And that's the big economic thought divide in this election cycle IMO: short-run thinking won out over long-run thinking. For the struggling Trump supporter in Ohio or Wisconsin or wherever else, the factory might stay open another year or two, but what really needs to happen is retraining in sustainable job sectors. Band-aids aren't the solution here.

I have only read to page 7 on this thread ,so I thought I better say this before the second thread goes up.

I did not vote for Bush or his son. I did not vote for Clinton. I did not vote for Obama.

But once they were elected, I recognized them as president. When I felt they were right, I applauded them. When I felt they were wrong, I was critical.

I did vote for Trump.

All I am saying is give Trump a chance.

I don't get this whole "give him a chance" thing.

If by "sit and do nothing because there's nothing you can do for the next two years aside from organize," sure, I'll "give him a chance."

Geez it's not like you're telling me "maybe you can order the chicken a la Trump, give it a chance man!" No, chicken a la Trump was brought to my table and I was told to leave if I didn't eat it. That's how you got served Obama lasagne and everyone got bushy dick au poivre.

The best thing to say is "it is what it is. Deal with it."

Like I said, I don't wish to watch the world burn. So I hope Trump's utter bullshit is so freaking right and I hope I'm so so wrong and I get to admit it in four years. Because I don't want four nightmarish years. I don't.

Here's the thing... Anyone else... Even that awful excuse for a human being Ted Cruz?

I'd be angry, I'd be counting down the days till the midterms and 2020... but I'd also be accepting and willing to "give it a chance" and "hope for the best" and "support the office" and all that crap.

Not for this man.

This is a national disgrace.

Maybe we should have matched a candidate who only spoke in broad general language, offered zero policy content, refused to release his taxes, and attacked his opponents as establishment and elitist to run against Donald Trump

I still don't know how Bernie beats Trump, but it's very obvious the country wants change and isolationism. Bernie and Trump were similar in that message.

But Bernie did nothing with minorities. He had nothing for foreign policy. And when it comes to voting for higher taxes versus lower, I feel lower wins every single time.

We'll never know. Clinton, while extremely qualified, was never going to win. Those that supported her (like me) assumed that most in this country wanted experience, even tempered, and legislating from the middle (and slightly left for social issue) wins out.

We were so wrong.

Last edited:
And that Pie dude, his video touched on some good points.

The left has gotten stale and focused more on issues that did nothing but alienate most of America.

Safe Spaces
Trigger Warnings
New gender pronouns

And worst of all, shutting down all speech that opposes their world view and/or deemed offensive.

People in the Midwest and rust belt cannot identify with social justice warriors and see them as an attack on their values.

Trump won support on not being PC, even if what he said was so offensive it wasn't that part people focused on. It was him being able to say it and then say fuck you if it offends you.

Your rights end where your feelings begin.

No one on the left could match him in this regard. Trump knew he could rile up the racists, but it was a risk to try and get middle America on board too

It fucking worked.

This is a conman.

A "business man" who has bankrupted most of his businesses.

A man who would be wealthier if he had taken the money his father gave him and literally did nothing but put it in a savings account and collect interest.

A serial sexual predator and misogynist.

A man who launched his campaign with the most racist press conference by a major party candidate ever, and got worse from there.

A man who mocked the disabled at a rally.

A man who mocked a former POW for getting caught.

A man who mocked the parents of a dead Medal of Honor recipient.

A man who is indebted to Chinese and Russian interests.

A man who has 75 active lawsuits against him as of this post, including two large federal class action fraud cases.

This is who you voted for.

Fucking assholes.

This is a conman.

A "business man" who has bankrupted most of his businesses.

A man who would be wealthier if he had taken the money his father gave him and literally did nothing but put it in a savings account and collect interest.

A serial sexual predator and misogynist.

A man who launched his campaign with the most racist press conference by a major party candidate ever, and got worse from there.

A man who mocked the disabled at a rally.

A man who mocked a former POW for getting caught.

A man who mocked the parents of a dead Medal of Honor recipient.

A man who is indebted to Chinese and Russian interests.

A man who has 75 active lawsuits against him as of this post, including two large federal class action fraud cases.

This is who you voted for.

Fucking assholes.

Because the other candidate couldn't do what they think Trump will, regardless of his shit, Trump means change.

Clinton is more of the same. Biden is more of the same. Anyone the left could have thrown up loses.

I'm coming around to the fact that I still think he loses to Trump, our best chance may have been that Socialist from Vermont.

Here's the thing... Anyone else... Even that awful excuse for a human being Ted Cruz?

I'd be angry, I'd be counting down the days till the midterms and 2020... but I'd also be accepting and willing to "give it a chance" and "hope for the best" and "support the office" and all that crap.

Not for this man.

This is a national disgrace.

This. I had to explain this to my mom yesterday, because she can't understand why I'm letting politics come between family. It's *not* politics. I have *never* had a politician I wanted to see win the election do so. Not since I started paying attention back in 2000. I have sat quietly by, for the most part and just kept waiting for next time and hoping I would one day see the president that I voted for be elected.

But this. This is something completely and wholly different. It's terrifying to me, and it makes it hard for me to look at people the same way, because there's ONE big wrench in the works when people tell me, "Just because I voted for him doesn't mean I share his beliefs" and it's this:
How did he get past the primaries then? Where were you then if you knew he was such a bad candidate and a con-man? Where were you to prevent this? You didn't do your job, and now we have this. So, thanks.

And furthermore, again, you didn't HAVE to vote for him. You could've easily voted straight party all the way and then either refrained from voting for POTUS or you could've voted 3rd party. Still would possibly have gained control of congress without associating yourself with someone so...so...heinous.

And that Pie dude, his video touched on some good points.

The left has gotten stale and focused more on issues that did nothing but alienate most of America.

Safe Spaces
Trigger Warnings
New gender pronouns

And worst of all, shutting down all speech that opposes their world view and/or deemed offensive.

People in the Midwest and rust belt cannot identify with social justice warriors and see them as an attack on their values.

Trump won support on not being PC, even if what he said was so offensive it wasn't that part people focused on. It was him being able to say it and then say fuck you if it offends you.

Your rights end where your feelings begin.

No one on the left could match him in this regard. Trump knew he could rile up the racists, but it was a risk to try and get middle America on board too

It fucking worked.

These are all very fair points. It's good to make people feel valued and important and safe.

But look, shit like this?

https://i.redd.it/oo0p1jit6xwx.png

https://i.reddituploads.com/2934495ac67641219e3fe77ec6f54640?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&

http://i.imgur.com/3pVwk8F.png

https://i.reddituploads.com/cd80c40149444f2b8fd931127cbf9902?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&

https://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/comments/5c83xv/saw_this_on_my_way_to_class/

I can understand people getting frustrated. And that's only the first 5 posts on the front page of r/TumblrnAction.

There has to be a way to find a middle ground between human decency and the PC culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom