Trump General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should Ginsberg or Breyer retire, then this would start to become a potential problem. I have to imagine that both are going to do all they can to hang on for four more years, so I think the only chance we end up in this situation is if one dies, not retires. However, even then, I have to imagine dems would filibuster anyone to extreme - the gop won't have a supermajority, and I can't see McConnell pulling the nuclear option.

I definitely understand that Trump is a shock to the system and can be quite scary, and I don't mean to make it sound like gut reactions are stupid. I do think alleviating likely baseless fears is a worthwhile endeavor for the sanity of the country, right now, though.

but it's not baseless. as we've seen, anything can happen. institutions can crumble to populist fervor. societies do collapse.

Trump *will* nominate conservative judges, and hate groups like NOM will bring cases, and they will get favorable rulings in conservative courts. What if he gets 2-3 SCOTUS nominations?

the fears i hear expressed by PoC and how to talk about this election with their children are not baseless. it's impossible to ignore what happened on Tuesday night, and how racism and misogyny and nativism and white identity were affirmed by a large enough section of the electorate. even if people decided that his blatant racism and sexism weren't enough of an issue to prevent them from voting for him on other issues, that still makes these people racist and sexist. and homophobia is just a subset of sexism.

in general, i agree with you. but my fears -- and the fears of other people who aren't white, or straight, or male -- are not baseless.

Last edited:
AP-Trump-Obama-Oval-02-jrl-161110_4x3_992.jpg

Well done Gentlemen, both of you. :up:

Is there any chance this trump university case could derail the presidency?

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

I'd like to see Obama get Garland on the court somehow.

It's fucking preposterous that we've only had 8 members since February. Will of the voters? She won the popular vote.

Wouldn't that be poetic justice... Trump gets indicted ?

What happens in such a case? When a president-elect can't serve? Does it go to Pence or does it go to the Republican Party as a whole?

Wouldn't that be poetic justice... Trump gets indicted ?

What happens in such a case? When a president-elect can't serve? Does it go to Pence or does it go to the Republican Party as a whole?

Is that a criminal case, though? I think it's just a civil suit.

Trust me, I'm not laughing. Can you imagine the thoughts going thru Obama's head during that meeting.

He's one incredibly cool headed man.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

When Trump's victory happened, his impression was the first thing I thought of. On one hand it means nothing to him (ie he's officially done in formal politics, assumedly). But on the other hand, that was his successor that failed. He had to get ready to eat his words.

To be honest, I imagine he's serious until the end though. He's so level headed that I feel like he's focusing on what he can do to curb the Trump desires that are social, and help transition Trump into the economic and foreign policy spheres.

I don't know, I'm not a lawyer. It's probably civil, but falsifying education sounds pretty criminal to me...

Oh I agree. Really curious. I had read something about discussion on a possible settlement, so I assume it's civil.

:wave:

Oh that's cute. I love the 'hey look I found a guy' retorts.

It still doesn't negate the fact that Trump will be the first to gain so much outspoken approval from the Klan. You're still being conned.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And you are still a fucking troll just like you have always been :hug:

I'd like to see Obama get Garland on the court somehow.

It's fucking preposterous that we've only had 8 members since February. Will of the voters? She won the popular vote.

I saw a petition earlier on we the people, don't know if it's BS or not, that stats there is a constitutional loophole that would allow for Obama to appoint the SCJ without them.

And you are still a fucking troll just like you have always been :hug:

To be fair you just went fishing for reactions in the SOE thread so you had an excuse to make this exact same post...can't exactly call others trolls at this stage.

You obviously feel you've struck gold with that video but god damn the smug posts are grating. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom