Trump General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else totally weirded out by the amount of grace between Clinton, Trump, and Obama right now?

Clinton on Trump: he deserves a chance
Obama on Trump: we are rooting for him
Trump on Clinton: we owe her a great debt
Trump on Obama: it's an honor to be with him and he's a great man

Hey now, if Hillary and Bill Clinton, and President Obama are going to coach him through the White House, it may not be all bad.

Anyone else totally weirded out by the amount of grace between Clinton, Trump, and Obama right now?

Clinton on Trump: he deserves a chance
Obama on Trump: we are rooting for him
Trump on Clinton: we owe her a great debt
Trump on Obama: it's an honor to be with him and he's a great man

Politicians will be politicians.

Hey now, if Hillary and Bill Clinton, and President Obama are going to coach him through the White House, it may not be all bad.

Bill: here's where Ronnie, George, Jimmy, and Gerald all told me they were fellated. I told Dubya, but his dad thinks he was too chicken after I got caught.

Hillary: and here's a really good hiding place for *extra* sensitive emails for your private Trump server

Obama: don't touch my stuff, man

That 90 minute meeting between Trump and Obama was probably a bit testy, not the traditionally cordial affair. Sure some golf talk. The meetings are typically 10-15 minutes.

Obama has a lame duck session and Trump probably laid out a hard line on what the GOP will tolerate.

Hard to speculate. Trump knows every meeting is a negotiation.

Just a rumor to scare the shit out of all of you. Sarah Palin's name has been floated for Sec. of Interior. Her portrait would hang on the wall of every National Park office.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1478805137.386988.jpg

Want some federal land. Drill Baby Drill

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That 90 minute meeting between Trump and Obama was probably a bit testy, not the traditionally cordial affair. Sure some golf talk. The meetings are typically 10-15 minutes.

Obama has a lame duck session and Trump probably laid out a hard line on what the GOP will tolerate.

Hard to speculate. Trump knows every meeting is a negotiation.

Just a rumor to scare the shit out of all of you. Sarah Palin's name has been floated for Sec. of Interior. Her portrait would hang on the wall of every National Park office.

View attachment 10967

Want some federal land. Drill Baby Drill

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

this is what you voted for.

Or... or it just goes to show you that politicians can be human beings. But when they were being politicians, they were actually being hateful!

Probably a bit of both sides of the equation.

Lets face it, the election creates contentiousness. Trump and Hillary were friendly acquaintances at the very least in the past.

Probably a bit of both sides of the equation.

Lets face it, the election creates contentiousness. Trump and Hillary were friendly acquaintances at the very least in the past.

Right. Hell, they were wedding attendees for Trump. A lot of the insult is definitely for show. Even if they don't like each other now.

Look no further than HW and Bill's friendliness. HW hates Perot still though, apparently. But I easily would believe that this Trump-Obama meeting was guarded but friendly (sort of the "I know what you've done but we don't have to be friends to be friendly").

FUCK all of you who want us to unify around this man. You want your fucking anecdotal fucking evidence? You want to pretend this shit doesn't matter? My nephew was told to go back to Africa today. A child. By other children. I'm fucking sick to my stomach. Can't stop shaking. This is unreal.

:hug:

But yeah, remember, people, just 'cause somebody voted for a racist xenophobe TOTALLY doesn't mean they actually endorsed that racism and xenophobia. Nope. Purely an unfortunate coincidence .

(Seriously, I like how Hillary's accused of "enabling" all the nasty things Bill was accused of, but people who voted for Trump somehow shouldn't be accused of enabling HIS horrific beliefs? We should be "careful" about calling them racists or xenophobes or sexists, or at the very least, supporting someone who holds those kinds of views?)

That would be about the only blessing I could ask and hope for in this entire hellish mess.

Also, if Sarah Palin honestly is hired to be part of Trump's cabinet, I swear to God I will kick something. Fucking hell.

Is there ANY possible hope and chance that we'll hear in the next two months that there was some sort of vast rigging pr hacking or something of this election, to the point where we'd have to have a complete do-over vote? Anything? At all? Please?

Last edited:
It did. A boy apparently told SEVERAL of his classmates, including my nephew that Trump was going to send them back to Africa. My sister is contacting the school. I don't know what else has happened since then.

I'm really sorry, Ashley. It's a sad reality now. As it turns out, a racist campaign leads to racial abuse. What a concept. I hope this is dealt with within the school.

We should brace ourselves to an increase of hate crimes. Post-Brexit England saw this phenomenon. If you can, volunteer your time or money to a civil rights organization. They will need it now.

I currently volunteer with inner city foster youth. I'll be doubling down my efforts there in any way I can.

I just told my mom I'm not coming home for Thanksgiving because I can't handle being around my family right now. I'm so fucking upset, again, I'm sorry to keep bugging you all with this, I just have no where else as an outlet. My mom, us furious with me. I'm crying at work, and I'm trying really hard to keep it together.

Sorry for all that's been going on in your family, Ashley. I really hope the tension will simmer down in the next few months, but I doubt it.

Sorry for getting so emotional guys. Got caught up in the middle of a lot of things. Let's go back to making fun of Palin.

this bed. you made it.

The white working class turned out, and they struck back.

The morning after, that already appears to be the dominant media narrative coming out of the 2016 presidential election. Sure, the black and Latino voters that Hillary Clinton was counting on to deliver her to victory were there — but white turnout was up, and especially among white people without college degrees, there was a major swing to Trump.

There’s already furious debate about why this is, and how it jibes with data suggesting that Trump supporters are richer, not poorer, than average. But let’s not lose sight of something very important: Donald Trump’s presidency is going to be an absolute disaster for the white working class, the white poor, and every other economically struggling person in America. The people the media is crediting with Trump’s win have a tremendous amount to lose.

Lower-income whites are not going to suffer from Trump’s restrictions on Muslims traveling, or from his mass deportations, or from his cavalier attitude toward police brutality. But Trump has promised an economic agenda that will increase the ranks of the uninsured by tens of millions, that will eliminate crucial safety net programs for low- and moderate-income Americans, that could start a trade war that drives up prices and devastates the economy, and that will put in place a tax code that exacerbates inequality and leaves many families with children worse off.

That affects all Americans — and with Republicans retaining control over the House and Senate, it stands a very good chance of passing.

Donald Trump’s presidency is going to be a disaster for the white working class - Vox

One of the worst things for non-Americans is that this has emboldened Trumpeters who are hungry for media attention to crawl out of their holes and swamps everywhere in hopes of duplicating the same result. The Canadian leadership race already has at least 1 who has decided to go down the lunatic path, and she's a woman too.

Sorry for getting so emotional guys. Got caught up in the middle of a lot of things. Let's go back to making fun of Palin.

No need to apologize, you and anyone else should feel free to vent away.

Oh, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom