Trump General Discussion - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #521
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'm so sorry that you were called low information.
No, you're really not.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ml#post8117567

But it's okay, i am a big boy and don't need to lower myself to these types of insults.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:03 AM   #522
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:47 PM
I'm really sad things have gotten so ugly in here.

I'm also really mad about the state of things in general.

..... that's all I've got.

Old 11-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #523
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
No, you're really not.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ml#post8117567

But it's okay, i am a big boy and don't need to lower myself to these types of insults.
Yeaaaaaaa...

Wasn't calling you a cunt there chief. Was typing the word over and over again, as you and others continued to make the false claim that saying a bad word is somehow equivalent to what Trump said on that bus.

Good try, though.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #524
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I'm really sad things have gotten so ugly in here.
Agreed.
Though I suppose we shouldn't be surprised after such a divisive campaign season that the results cause further division.
I'm just a tad surprised at the level some of the vitriol and who its coming from, but hopefully things will settle down here and everywhere over time.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #525
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, it's tough because I agree with a lot of the points being made by Irvine etc, and I'm outraged at what Ashley (and others I've seen elsewhere) described happening to her nephew, and I have a lot of the same angry feelings, but still.

I don't know. It just all sucks. I'm sad and mad and angry and disappointed and all those things.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #526
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

If you need some escapism for a couple hours Arrival was excellent. Saw it yesterday in the theater.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 11-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #527
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:47 PM
Trump General Discussion

Never mind. It's not worth it.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:05 PM   #528
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Agreed.

Though I suppose we shouldn't be surprised after such a divisive campaign season that the results cause further division.

I'm just a tad surprised at the level some of the vitriol and who its coming from, but hopefully things will settle down here and everywhere over time.

I'm trying to cool down, but I think this is an important point:

People aren't mad because they lost.

People are legitmately scared.

This is very, very different from 2000 or 2004.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #529
Blue Crack Distributor

Yes.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:14 PM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

There's the interference buzzword...

Vitriol!
Old 11-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #531
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
There's the interference buzzword...

Vitriol!

For some, equality feels like discrimination.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:20 PM   #532
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I'm trying to cool down, but I think this is an important point:

People aren't mad because they lost.

People are legitmately scared.

This is very, very different from 2000 or 2004.
This is bad - I don't intend at all to diminish it. But I remember a similar atmosphere in 2004, where anti-gay policies were bandied about indiscriminately throughout W's campaign and Muslims were still facing an incredibly hostile environment. Even the smear campaign on a long-serving public figure is reminiscent of 2004. I remember the gay marriage issue being a major factor in Ohio among other places going red.

The important point IMO is that election galvanized the left in ways that paved the way for Obama; that's what needs to happen now as well. Going back and forth with racism allegations isn't going to help anything at this point.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #533
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This is why you lost.

No, it isn't.

But it sure sounds like a convenient way to deflect blame for some extremely harmful rhetoric.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #534
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Yeah, I like how whenever Islamic extremists commit a horrific crime, the right always demands that Muslims need to speak up against said extremists to prove they don't support such violence. When black people commit crimes, the right demands black people have to speak out against that stuff, that they need to take care of the problems in their own community. The left's "SJW" rhetoric is why they lost, because their words alienated a lot of people. And so on.

When Trump makes offensive sexual remarks about women, or insults all Mexicans and Muslims, however, when Klan members are holding rallies in support of his win and he gets an endorsement from David Duke, and people STILL vote for him after all of that?

"Well, you can't call all his supporters racists/sexists/xenophobes! We're not responsible for his actions! Just 'cause we voted for him doesn't mean we endorse what he says and does!"

Mmkay. Yep. That's totally fair and logical.

If the left/Muslims/black people have to take responsibility for the shitty actions of some in their group, guess what, Trump supporters, so do you.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:22 PM   #535
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
No, it isn't.

But it sure sounds like a convenient way to deflect blame for some extremely harmful rhetoric.

I was the first one to warn against Hillary's baggage as a liability in Spring 2015. FYM dismissed it as hogwash.

I calmly explained the dynamic of how the Democrats drifted too far left to retain working class voters versus Trump. FYM said it didn't matter.

I said Trump would win Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. FYM laughed hysterically.

If the Democratic Party gets stuck in a time loop of blaming the loss and voters on 'harmful rhetoric' the Senate losses will be dramatic in 2018.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #536
More 5G Than Man

Trump General Discussion

Quote:
I was the first one to warn against Hillary's baggage as a liability in Spring 2015. FYM dismissed it as hogwash.

I calmly explained the dynamic of how the Democrats drifted too far left to retain working class voters versus Trump. FYM said it didn't matter.

I said Trump would win Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. FYM laughed hysterically.

If the Democratic Party gets stuck in a time loop of blaming the loss and voters on 'harmful rhetoric' the Senate losses will be dramatic in 2018.

Right. And Hillary's baggage had a hell of a lot more to do with Trump's win than hurt feelings on the right.

Otherwise, I would assume more of them would have turned out. More so than Mittens' crowd, at any rate. But a lot of these vengeful conservatives saw fit to just stay home.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:32 PM   #537
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

In fairness, I'm pretty sure you said Trump was going to win every single state but California, Illinois, and oddly, Maryland.

I'll give you your credit for Pennsylvania because there was some content there, but you made this sound like a popular revolt against Clinton. It wasn't. Electoral college-wise it wasn't close, and arguably as big of a landslide as any republican is eligible for.

It was still nothing near your map.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #538
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
In fairness, I'm pretty sure you said Trump was going to win every single state but California, Illinois, and oddly, Maryland.

I'll give you your credit for Pennsylvania because there was some content there, but you made this sound like a popular revolt against Clinton. It wasn't. Electoral college-wise it wasn't close, and arguably as big of a landslide as any republican is eligible for.

It was still nothing near your map.

My final map I missed Virginia, NH, CO, NV, Maine, and MN

I was closer than anybody else

Old 11-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #539
More 5G Than Man

Who cares
Old 11-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #540
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post

I prefer not to go to war with Putin or Russia. ISIS wants to kill you, not me, not TRUMP or PENCE. HRC just wanted your vote, she doesn't really care about you and she was never with your or on your side. That is a fallacy. You were conned into believing that she was on your side when her foundation took millions of dollars from governments who have outlawed homosexuality - punishable by death. HRC created ISIS through her foreign policy and now they want to come here and kill you. You were conned. Thank GOD that now we have TRUMP and he's not going to let that happen.
Yeah...about that... "I have a plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days" ? Not gonna happen. You were conned. And keep dreaming they can't come, whoever's in the White House. How's that for a con ?

I'll just leave the rest since you don't get it.