Trump General Discussion - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #481
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,036
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
but because America died on Tuesday.

.
I mean, come on. Lets get real here. America died? We have survived plenty through our history, and there is no way the election of Donald Trump is the final tipping point. He's not going to be able to (nor try to) undo every civil right that exists. Regardless of who he ultimately nominates for the Supreme Court, its not going to change the balance on the court, he's replacing a conservative. Perhaps the liberal agenda doesn't steamroll along at a break neck pace for a short term, but we aren't returning to 1859 for crying out loud.
__________________

Hewson is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #482
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 06:46 PM
Please don't f*ck with the hysteria, god damn it, are you a facist, KKK supporter????
__________________

deep is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:04 PM   #483
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
My own take on this is that the concept of American exceptionalism is now dead. This idea that America is a "shining city on a hill" is no longer. The American experiment is over, proving that no country on Earth is immune from dark forces that pop up from time to time.


Exactly.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #484
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,444
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Guys, dark forces popped up from time to time all the time in American history.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:07 PM   #485
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,036
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
My own take on this is that the concept of American exceptionalism is now dead. This idea that America is a "shining city on a hill" is no longer. The American experiment is over, proving that no country on Earth is immune from dark forces that pop up from time to time.
That concept if it ever did exist, disappeared a long time ago.
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:07 PM   #486
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I mean, come on. Lets get real here. America died? We have survived plenty through our history, and there is no way the election of Donald Trump is the final tipping point. He's not going to be able to (nor try to) undo every civil right that exists. Regardless of who he ultimately nominates for the Supreme Court, its not going to change the balance on the court, he's replacing a conservative. Perhaps the liberal agenda doesn't steamroll along at a break neck pace for a short term, but we aren't returning to 1859 for crying out loud.

You don't get it man.
Trump's gonna kill all the gays, even though he was a supporter of the LGBT well before a majority of the country did. Send all the mexicans that he doesn't kill back to Mexico. Then we're gonna start a nuclear holocaust, even though Trump is mostly anti-war. Then we're make all the black people slaves, even though one of Trump's biggest priorities is bringing back jobs to the inner cities and african american communities that have been devastated the last 8 years.
Then he's going to go into a lazarus pit, overthrow the government, and be dictator for life!
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:08 PM   #487
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,644
Local Time: 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You are a very decent, kinder than I am no doubt.

I will give you a piece of advice that somebody gave me not too long ago. It may sound harsh, I was a bit taken aback by it initially but have lived on this principle since and have thrived.

You do not have to tolerate familial terrorists. They do not deserve extra deference due to genetics. The outcome may be sad but you'll be better for it in the long run.
This isn't harsh at all, it's the realization I've come to in general this week, but I definitely feel what you're saying and it's certainly something hard to realize.





Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
Results before and after the electoral college heard about these riots.

Attachment 10977
Well, tbf, that's just a picture. The college hasn't voted yet






Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Guys, dark forces popped up from time to time all the time in American history.
But were they voted president?
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:10 PM   #488
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,444
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
But were they voted president?

I dunno. I wasn't alive. Winners write history. Unless the US truly collapses, this moment in time will never be fully understood in a textbook or documentary the way you understand it now.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:10 PM   #489
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,036
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post








But were they voted president?
Many times.

Your personal favorite, Andrew Jackson for one.
To many in this generation, GWB.
To many the generation before Ronnie Ray Gun.
And many others.
Hewson is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #490
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,444
Local Time: 10:46 PM
And I'm not downplaying it. I'm just saying I truly don't know, because I wasn't there.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #491
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
This isn't harsh at all, it's the realization I've come to in general this week, but I definitely feel what you're saying and it's certainly something hard to realize.






Well, tbf, that's just a picture. The college hasn't voted yet








But were they voted president?
deep is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:22 PM   #492
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Trump General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
You don't get it man.
Trump's gonna kill all the gays, even though he was a supporter of the LGBT well before a majority of the country did. Send all the mexicans that he doesn't kill back to Mexico. Then we're gonna start a nuclear holocaust, even though Trump is mostly anti-war. Then we're make all the black people slaves, even though one of Trump's biggest priorities is bringing back jobs to the inner cities and african american communities that have been devastated the last 8 years.
Then he's going to go into a lazarus pit, overthrow the government, and be dictator for life!



The Trump rallies and all their racial violence are really reassuring.

Black, brown, gay, and female citizens are really, genuinely, fiercely concerned for their safety.

I'm sure reassurances from straight white male Trump voters will go a long way.

He could start by denouncing the hate crime spike this week (the way GWB denounced Trent Lott's racist comments years back).
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #493
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Many times.



Your personal favorite, Andrew Jackson for one.

To many in this generation, GWB.

To many the generation before Ronnie Ray Gun.

And many others.



GWB was demonstrably catastrophic, and lived up to the worst possible expectations.

Trump is a wholly different animal.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:30 PM   #494
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,444
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
GWB was demonstrably catastrophic, and lived up to the worst possible expectations.

Trump is a wholly different animal.

I don't think people were fully aware of just exactly how bad W was going to be.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #495
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Trump General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
The Trump rallies and all their racial violence are really reassuring.

Black, brown, gay, and female citizens are really, genuinely, fiercely concerned for their safety.

I'm sure reassurances from straight white male Trump voters will go a long way.

He could start by denouncing the hate crime spike this week (the way GWB denounced Trent Lott's racist comments years back).




Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1479007847.703675.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	10978

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1479007879.183270.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	10979


Gay Trump Supporters Receive Death Threats


https://youtu.be/kbiZUMirPAQ

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #496
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,644
Local Time: 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Many times.

Your personal favorite, Andrew Jackson for one.
I actually was coming here to correct myself over this one.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:46 PM   #497
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,155
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
...and?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #498
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 06:46 PM
clown car, orange oompa loompa, c*nt, c*nt, c*nt
deep is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:50 PM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:46 PM
SNL should be one for the ages tonight with Dave Chapelle hosting


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #500
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I don't think people were fully aware of just exactly how bad W was going to be.


Some of us did.

By 2004 everyone did. But, again, fear. Their 2004 message was "vote for us or die."
__________________

Irvine511 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×