Trump General Discussion - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-12-2016, 09:07 PM   #461
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Trump General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Maybe you need to cool on the victim card 24/7. You posted elsewhere that you have a great job and live in a flashy neighborhood, and your household is dual income no kids so you have all of this money and freedom, etc. You seem to brag about these things a lot, which is fine, if that is something you like to do. If you look outside of your comfort zone there are people who want to take all of these things from you, and just maybe we will finally have strong enough leadership to put a stop to that.

When TRUMP said that line about Mexicans, he didn't say it was all of them, though he was correct there are some people coming into this country who are murderers and rapists. Your side just happens to excel at hysteria and painting everyone unlike yourself with a broad brush.



It's kind of a moot point since the DNC was clearly working against him which is very anti-democracy since he was clearly the people's choice and not the establishment's choice. Party over country.



"One of you" what the hell does that even mean? is that a racist comment because you don't like native americans or is it you don't like veterans, or both?



Yeah you won't be getting any such admission from me. As a veteran i have been in the business of keeping this country safe since 1989, and i take my oath and duty to heart. GOD BLESS AMERICA!




The point is i voted for TRUMP and im getting TRUMP, so i am getting what i voted for. You voted for HRC, one of the most corrupt politicians of our lifetime, or perhaps ever. And now you are getting TRUMP as well, perhaps you were conned.



"My side" excels at hysteria? This from the "Merry Christmas" freak-out-about-a-Starbucks-cup crowd?

Don't ever tell me about the victim card. People like Mike Pence have the power and ability to reduce my (apparently) money making bragging ass and reduce me to a "choice" that requires conversion therapy and people can deny me a hotel at the inn or my marriage license or a seat at the counter or a hospital visit. That's the fear. That no matter what I do, or who I am, I can be reduced to a faggot and discarded as such. THESE are the people who want to take something from me. Not Mexicans, not Muslims, not anyone else. I vote for the working classes, for the urban poor, for people less fortunate than I. I vote against the Donald Trumps of the world.

You voted for a man who makes Putin and ISIS happy. You have been conned. We are less safe because of your vote.
__________________

Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #462
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 08:45 PM
Trump General Discussion

Also, regarding "corrupt" Hillary: if you are really concerned about corruption, what do you have to say about Trump's corruption? He used charity funds to purchase paintings of himself for his own properties, paid $25K to a state AG who just happened to drop her investigation into Trump University after the donation, he's a proud tax dodger, has admitted to stiffing contractors and small businessmen who did work for him.

That doesn't doesn't raise your corruption spidey senses?
__________________

Diemen is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:15 PM   #463
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Also, regarding "corrupt" Hillary: if you are really concerned about corruption, what do you have to say about Trump's corruption? He used charity funds to purchase paintings of himself for his own properties, paid $25K to a state AG who just happened to drop her investigation into Trump University after the donation, he's a proud tax dodger, has admitted to stuffing contractors and small businessmen who did work for him.

That doesn't doesn't raise your corruption spidey senses?


Hillary sent emails and is a bitch. The end.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #464
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Maybe you need to cool on the victim card 24/7. You posted elsewhere that you have a great job and live in a flashy neighborhood, and your household is dual income no kids so you have all of this money and freedom, etc. You seem to brag about these things a lot, which is fine, if that is something you like to do. If you look outside of your comfort zone there are people who want to take all of these things from you, and just maybe we will finally have strong enough leadership to put a stop to that.

When TRUMP said that line about Mexicans, he didn't say it was all of them, though he was correct there are some people coming into this country who are murderers and rapists. Your side just happens to excel at hysteria and painting everyone unlike yourself with a broad brush.



It's kind of a moot point since the DNC was clearly working against him which is very anti-democracy since he was clearly the people's choice and not the establishment's choice. Party over country.



"One of you" what the hell does that even mean? is that a racist comment because you don't like native americans or is it you don't like veterans, or both?



Yeah you won't be getting any such admission from me. As a veteran i have been in the business of keeping this country safe since 1989, and i take my oath and duty to heart. GOD BLESS AMERICA!




The point is i voted for TRUMP and im getting TRUMP, so i am getting what i voted for. You voted for HRC, one of the most corrupt politicians of our lifetime, or perhaps ever. And now you are getting TRUMP as well, perhaps you were conned.


bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #465
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 10:45 PM
I should stop. I'm angry.

NOT BECAUSE WE "LOST," but because America died on Tuesday.

It's not a competition. We have elected an ignorant authoritarian. Truth and fact are dead. And the minority who voted for this horrible sexual assaulting man won't admit it.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #466
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 06:45 PM
If she only sent emails and this whole thing is a big put-up job against her then they better appoint a special prosecutor so her name can be cleared.
deep is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:28 PM   #467
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 58,268
Local Time: 01:45 PM
The FBI already cleared her. If a special prosecutor clears her you and all the rest of the emailz!!1! idiots are still going to complain.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
cobl04 is online now  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #468
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,644
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
The FBI already cleared her. If a special prosecutor clears her you and all the rest of the emailz!!1! idiots are still going to complain.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Facts are meaningless.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:30 PM   #469
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I should stop. I'm angry.

NOT BECAUSE WE "LOST," but because America died on Tuesday.

It's not a competition. We have elected an ignorant authoritarian. Truth and fact are dead. And the minority who voted for this horrible sexual assaulting man won't admit it.
I'm still so confused on this notion that I'm hearing from many Hillary-supporting liberals since the election.

How does America 'die'? Is there this inherent assumption that America pre-Trump is great and post-Trump America is 'dead'?
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #470
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,444
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post

Synopsis of every bobsaget77 post.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #471
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
That would be incorrect. If anything it's a desire to return to previous decades, but to suggest that is 'anti-capitalist' in anyway is off the mark. And you can take it from me.
No, I will completely disagree with you here.

Capitalism is dynamic, it is exactly what makes the economy work. Where labour is needed evolves over time and the capitalism of previous decades as you say has evolved in such a way that their jobs are simply not needed anymore. It is completely anti-capitalist to insist on a return to prior decades when current capitalism does not support it. These workers need to find other jobs.
anitram is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #472
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I do think some people are angry because their side didn't win. In fact some people in here spiked the football prematurely leading up to election day, and rubbed their certain "victory" in our faces and danced all around us, mocked us, even. And then when that victory didn't happen....oops! Now let's jump on the bandwagon of "you must be a racist because you voted for one" and "you are really missing the point" or "you were conned".

Since the election i have been called several things in here; poor, uneducated, low information voter, racist, idiot, dick, c__t, and so many other not very nice things.
Yes, we were ready to celebrate pre-election, because we actually had enough faith that people in this country wouldn't do something as maddeningly ridiculous as let a racist, sexist, xenophobic reality TV star who clearly started his run as president as a total vanity lark for himself, and who has a vice presidential running mate who believes in conversion therapy for gay people, become president. We actually thought people would be wise enough to let someone with actual experience run this country instead of a guy who throws temper tantrums on Twitter when he doesn't get his way and who doesn't have a damn clue about how to run this country.

How dare we actually think better of our fellow countrymen than that.

Also, I love how the Trump supporters in here are complaining about being "insulted" with the things we're saying about people who voted for him. You supported a guy who bragged about grabbing women by their genitals without their consent, who wants to ban Muslims, who called Mexicans druggies and rapists, who has an endorsement from a member of the KKK, and whose vice presidential running mate, again, BELIEVES IN CONVERSION THERAPY FOR GAY PEOPLE.

So if you feel insulted, well, I guess turnabout's fair play, then, isn't it? 'Cause your preferred candidate's made plenty of groups of people feel like total shit for the past year and a half, and apparently that didn't bother you enough to prevent you from voting for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I voted for a man who wants to fix ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, and is fed up with violence caused by some illegal immigrants. If they are LEGAL citizens then what is the problem?
Because a person's legality or lack thereof doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on whether or not they're more likely to commit violent crimes, perhaps? Unless you honestly believe no legal immigrants have EVER committed violent crimes?

Because there are plenty of people who are born and raised here who commit violent crimes, too, and stopping illegal immigrants from coming in doesn't change that problem? I'm with Irvine when he talks about being far more scared of some nutjob who was born and raised here going on a mass shooting spree than I am of some immigrant, legal or illegal, coming into this country.

Because Trump's "concern" for illegal immigrants has fuck all to do with actually solving the crime problem and everything to do with stirring up mistrust and hatred against immigrants in general?

Because God forbid anyone try and show any sympathy for immigrants who cross the border illegally, who may be fleeing violent situations in their own homeland and who are more concerned about getting to a safe place right at the moment than going through all the legal channels? They'd likely happily get that part of thing sorted out over time, mind, but when one's life is on the line, it's understandable that they may just want to sneak away while they can.

Just to name a few reasons/explanations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Muslims, as Bill Maher likes to say, own terrorism or terrorist attacks. It's true. NOT ALL MUSLIMS, but a few radicals. TRUMP does not want radical terrorists blowing up shit in this country and i agree with him.
Okay, if Muslims own terrorism/terrorist attacks, then all white men officially must own shooting sprees, since the vast majority of them are committed by white men.

Oh, it's true, NOT ALL WHITE MEN, but a few radicals. I don't want white men shooting up places in this country.

There. Fair trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I didn't fall for anything
Yeah, you did. Big time. Best to face the facts now before you have to deal with the rude awakening next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
However nobody owes you an apology. This is a democracy not a funeral. You don't get a trophy for coming in second or last place, and nor should you.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COMING IN SECOND PLACE. Jesus Christ. If Clinton had lost to a significantly more reasonable Republican candidate, we could've handled that.

And if you don't think people need to explain and apologize for supporting a candidate who was so openly racist, sexist, xenophobic, and whose vice presidential candidate is massively homophobic, whose stances on those issues will hurt a HELL of a lot of groups of people in this country with whatever legislation they plan to pass going forward, that just proves you really, truly don't get why people are so upset right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
my cousin told me to grow up and get over it because "your team lost". I said, "I didn't know this was a sporting event" and she replied by telling me I was a smart ass and she hoped I could sleep at night knowing I'd degraded over half my family.

I decided not to respond. It's like, thanks...im feeling suicidally depressed right now, and you made it so much better.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #473
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
No, I will completely disagree with you here.

Capitalism is dynamic, it is exactly what makes the economy work. Where labour is needed evolves over time and the capitalism of previous decades as you say has evolved in such a way that their jobs are simply not needed anymore. It is completely anti-capitalist to insist on a return to prior decades when current capitalism does not support it. These workers need to find other jobs.
Wouldn't you just say it's a (hopeful) return to something resembling post-war social democracy/rejection of modern day neoliberalism? This is not really about the abolition of capitalism as a whole, which is what I queried in regards to your post.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #474
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 06:45 PM
deep is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #475
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
T

my cousin told me to grow up and get over it because "your team lost". I said, "I didn't know this was a sporting event" and she replied by telling me I was a smart ass and she hoped I could sleep at night knowing I'd degraded over half my family.

I decided not to respond. It's like, thanks...im feeling suicidally depressed right now, and you made it so much better.

I've basically stayed off Facebook since then.
You are a very decent, kinder than I am no doubt.

I will give you a piece of advice that somebody gave me not too long ago. It may sound harsh, I was a bit taken aback by it initially but have lived on this principle since and have thrived.

You do not have to tolerate familial terrorists. They do not deserve extra deference due to genetics. The outcome may be sad but you'll be better for it in the long run.
anitram is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #476
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
This is a positive development my friend.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #477
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Wouldn't you just say it's a (hopeful) return to something resembling post-war social democracy/rejection of modern day neoliberalism?
No, because nothing in their words suggests this is what they broadly want. In fact a huge swath of his voters and by many indications the most enthusiastic ones are too young to have any concept of post-war social democracy.

It's a lot simpler than that. I want my job at the factory back when I was making probably more money than the market demanded (which played a role in that factory relocating in the first place). That's when I was a real man who drove a big car and had a nice house in a nice white town. Their demands? Build a wall to keep illegal labour competition out, scrap NAFTA, force our factories back by imposing tariffs and possibly regulating/downsizing automation. All of these are anti-capitalist demands in the sense that they are wholly incompatible with the capitalism of 2016.
anitram is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #478
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Results before and after the electoral college heard about these riots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1352.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	10977
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #479
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
This is a positive development my friend.
Trump has you calling me friend
deep is offline  
Old 11-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #480
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,900
Local Time: 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I'm still so confused on this notion that I'm hearing from many Hillary-supporting liberals since the election.

How does America 'die'? Is there this inherent assumption that America pre-Trump is great and post-Trump America is 'dead'?
My own take on this is that the concept of American exceptionalism is now dead. This idea that America is a "shining city on a hill" is no longer. The American experiment is over, proving that no country on Earth is immune from dark forces that pop up from time to time.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×