Trump General Discussion - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2016, 08:47 PM   #221
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Nobody conned me. Life is really good
The sun rose this morning. The world has not ended. I live in the best city in the best country on this earth.

I get to smile as my bus crosses the Harbour Bridge, while I look at a city that needs my support.

Oh...when did you last buy a homeless guy something to eat?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:03 PM   #222
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
The sun rose this morning. The world has not ended. I live in the best city in the best country on this earth.

I get to smile as my bus crosses the Harbour Bridge, while I look at a city that needs my support.

Oh...when did you last buy a homeless guy something to eat?
Funny you should mention that, I was getting out of my car the other day at a shopping center when a 30-something (apparently) homeless lady approached me and asked me for some change. I explained to her that i did not have any change on me. However i offered to buy her some food once i came out of the shopping center if she was hungry. She told me to "go fuck myself" and turned and walked away.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #223
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Funny you should mention that, I was getting out of my car the other day at a shopping center when a 30-something (apparently) homeless lady approached me and asked me for some change. I explained to her that i did not have any change on me. However i offered to buy her some food once i came out of the shopping center if she was hungry. She told me to "go fuck myself" and turned and walked away.
Oh, you're equating one asshole to cover an entire group of people?

Yeah I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:08 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:07 PM
One of my best girlfriends is in the US right now, has been there all week by happenstance. She is a professional, accountant and MBA who lives in a fairly wealthy exurb of Toronto and is a conservative voter both provincially and federally. This is not some unemployed leftist radical vegan we are talking about. She also happens to be a person of colour married to a white man and they have a biracial daughter. She texted me today saying she can't wait to get home because she feels awkward and uncomfortable walking on the street.

So Mrs. Garrison and et al. do you think people like her are making it up? Imagining it? Why is it incumbent upon THEM to come together and unify? Is it not the sole responsibility of the man who fomented this racism and these division to do so? And I'm sorry but after a year or more of hurling obscenities at everyone not a white straight male, you think that one or two sentences in a victory speech is it? So now these people who are living in genuine fear are the ones who have to make it all better.

This is to say nothing of how Republicans behaved when Obama won. Except W, he was the class of the field it has to be said.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:10 PM   #225
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:07 PM
Ian, you were WAY out of line with Mrs. G earlier.

Cut the insult fest out, now.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #226
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Ian, you were WAY out of line with Mrs. G earlier.

Cut the insult fest out, now.
Wilco.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:30 PM   #227
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

He's tweeting. And complaining about protests.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:43 PM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
One of my best girlfriends is in the US right now, has been there all week by happenstance. She is a professional, accountant and MBA who lives in a fairly wealthy exurb of Toronto and is a conservative voter both provincially and federally. This is not some unemployed leftist radical vegan we are talking about. She also happens to be a person of colour married to a white man and they have a biracial daughter. She texted me today saying she can't wait to get home because she feels awkward and uncomfortable walking on the street.

So Mrs. Garrison and et al. do you think people like her are making it up? Imagining it? Why is it incumbent upon THEM to come together and unify? Is it not the sole responsibility of the man who fomented this racism and these division to do so? And I'm sorry but after a year or more of hurling obscenities at everyone not a white straight male, you think that one or two sentences in a victory speech is it? So now these people who are living in genuine fear are the ones who have to make it all better.

This is to say nothing of how Republicans behaved when Obama won. Except W, he was the class of the field it has to be said.
I don't know your friend's situation or where she lives but i am sorry she feels that way. Tell her to move to Oklahoma, we are friendly to everyone.

I am sure it is real if she felt that way. When i suggested people in here unify, it was from my heart, i am not putting the onus on liberals to unify or conservatives or whatever. I was trying to encourage everyone to do so. Obviously that did not work out. Maybe in time i hope.

As for the nation, yes TRUMP has a lot of work ahead of him. He needs to bring people together. What i am seeing now is pretty bad, i don't remember it being this bad when Obama won, that's my opinion of course, feel free to differ.

Let me ask this of you, is coming together or unifying wrong? I cannot imagine this country surviving if we dont...
Old 11-10-2016, 09:43 PM   #229
Refugee

Thanks Mrs Garrison. I guess in that context it is a little easier for me to understand people deciding the way you did.

Regardless, the US and UK results show something I didn't know existed to this extent, that absolute intolerance of traditional political elitism. That I can accept. It's the blatant hate speech I can't figure out.

I guess I equate much of the Trump movement with the 1930s Germany, and that's a bit silly on my part. There are similarities but it's a different time, different country, different movement.

I have to adjust my mindset to one that clearly understands Trump voters as rational, caring, intelligent humans. The only people who can help me with that are Trump supporters. So please keep trying.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 11-10-2016, 09:43 PM   #230
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
He's tweeting. And complaining about protests.

And suggesting that the protestors were paid by the media.

Don't tell me we have nothing to worry about.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:44 PM   #231
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Oh, you're equating one asshole to cover an entire group of people?

Yeah I shouldn't be surprised.
No, i didn't say that at all.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:44 PM   #232
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
And you are still a fucking troll just like you have always been
Pot meet kettle
Old 11-10-2016, 09:46 PM   #233
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
Thanks Mrs Garrison. I guess in that context it is a little easier for me to understand people deciding the way you did.

Regardless, the US and UK results show something I didn't know existed to this extent, that absolute intolerance of traditional political elitism. That I can accept. It's the blatant hate speech I can't figure out.

I guess I equate much of the Trump movement with the 1930s Germany, and that's a bit silly on my part. There are similarities but it's a different time, different country, different movement.

I have to adjust my mindset to one that clearly understands Trump voters as rational, caring, intelligent humans. The only people who can help me with that are Trump supporters. So please keep trying.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app
You are very welcome and thank you for this post.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #234
Refugee

Local Time: 07:07 PM
With that tweet he has shown he will be a vindictive president.

We should all be very afraid
Old 11-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #235
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
And suggesting that the protestors were paid by the media.

Don't tell me we have nothing to worry about.
It was chilling.

RIP American democracy, 1776-2016.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #236
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Fucking do it
Old 11-10-2016, 09:55 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Let me ask this of you, is coming together or unifying wrong? I cannot imagine this country surviving if we dont...
No, that is the ultimate goal.

But you don't get to be the person who has hurled obscenities at every minority group and has NORMALIZED racism, misogyny and xenophobia and then expect others to fall in line overnight. Your side won, YOU need to be the bigger person and reach out and heal the divide. And by you I mean Trump and his voters.

I don't understand your comment about Obama and it not being bad. We had Trump and his ilk attempt to delegitimize his citizenship, we had how many Republican county chairs and so on sending around e-mails and flyers superimposing Obama and Michelle's faces on orangutan bodies (like nobody remembers this anymore? please), we had Rush Limbaugh directing his listeners to hope that Obama fails, Republican leadership talking about making a policy his Waterloo and so on. If you cannot see how Barack Obama was disrespected for the entirety of his presidency by the right then truly this conversation is pointless. The indignities he has taken with extraordinary class are countless. A testament to him and an indictment of every racist out there.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #238
Blue Crack Distributor

You guys really voted for this utter piece of shit?

For fuck's sake
Old 11-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #239
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Late on the reply, but I just started crying reading these tweets. My heart hurts.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #240
Blue Crack Distributor

Trump is considering Steve Bannon fit chief of staff?

Yea, nobody has anything to worry about.

Fuck.