Trump General Discusion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strom Thurmond thought Jeff Sessions was TOO racist. STROM THURMOND! But....

c4jt321.png

David Duke himself would have been a fine choice for a cabinet position, but that whole convicted felon thing I suppose got in the way.

for fuck's sakes. i give up. let's just freely call Donald Trump a full-blown fascist from now on and not worry about the consequences. have fun when you elect a real fascist, america.

Again, it seems like because people aren't agreeing with your point of view, you're just shouting instead of listening. Axver just outlined a very good explanation for what the comparison point is, but you almost seem to want to stick your head in the sand and continue to believe that Trump is an idiot incapable of having a political ideal.

Why because S(nope)S told you otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't visit Snopes. I should because some of their debunked stuff was hilarious. But you could always review my link with attributed sources, as Gizmodo Media Group do.

:facepalm:

Facepalm? I laughed out loud. Along with a mildly amused string of accidental obscenities I hope my flatmates missed.

Look guys, he found one black guy that's not concerned about the klan. So it's settled, no racism. All hyperbole.

I got called out on another website for denouncing racism. Because I'd never experienced it (not true, and not relevant), and had no idea what it felt like.

Yeah, fuck you mate. When you see your partner, her family put down for no good reason that your blood boils and you see how upset you are, and how lucky and good you've got it, you fucking care.

That's the kind of shit these racists pull. Oooh, one person didn't feel as beaten down. Good for them. Now, how about for everyone else?

These are facts in a post-fact world.

gtfo if the supreme leader says it, it's true. Why do we have to keep labeling his followers as being low information? Just stop!

Let's roll the tape and find out how racist white Trump supporters justify the David Duke support.

https://youtu.be/8NVVwZVd6ZM

Well, gee, that comment from one guy totally convinced me!

Good lord, this is not that hard to understand. That guy doesn't see Duke's support as an issue. Good for him. But the fact remains that lots of other black people, along with many people of other racial/ethnic backgrounds, DO. The fact remains that David Duke supports Trump, and vocally so at that. The right needs to quit brushing that off like it's no big deal, or that people don't have a valid reason to be troubled by it.

And like I said in the last Trump thread, if we had to sit here and listen to the right bitch about Reverend Wright and Bill Ayers in relation to Obama back in 2008, if they're the ones claiming who a presidential candidate associates with or is supported by matters, then they need to be just as concerned when it's their candidate being scrutinized.

No, because Ford's CEO told us otherwise.

Bill Ford went to Trump while on the campaign begging him to stop slamming the company. He knows he'd be on the hot seat if he were to make any moves knowing his company is in the public eye. Trump took the assurance from Ford about the Kentucky plant staying put and played it to his advantage making Ford look good in the process. The Art of the Deal.

CEOs should take a lesson from Grubhub.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1479493622.796199.jpg

for fuck's sakes. i give up. let's just freely call Donald Trump a full-blown fascist from now on and not worry about the consequences. have fun when you elect a real fascist, america.

You seem to overlook a number of things:
- Nobody is saying that the current situation is the same as Nazi Germany;
- Nobody is saying that we are now all of a sudden living under fascism, but rather that a significant portion of Trump's rhetoric evokes fascism, and that there are signs (I would say strong signs) that he may turn into an authoritarian leader, and possibly a fascist one at that;
- Fascim doesn't equal Nazism. Think of Mussolini's Italy or Salazar's Portugal and the similarities get closer.

Again, it seems like because people aren't agreeing with your point of view, you're just shouting instead of listening. Axver just outlined a very good explanation for what the comparison point is, but you almost seem to want to stick your head in the sand and continue to believe that Trump is an idiot incapable of having a political ideal.

i outlined very clearly several times how donald trump is not at all and never has been and never will be a fascist and clearly i haven't been listened to at all, so yes i'm frustrated.

of course there are similarities between fascism and whatever bullshit trump is peddling. i can make a damn good comparison of a platypus to a duck, but having a bill and webbed feet doesn't make a platypus a duck.

and I thought we all agreed months ago that it's obvious trump is indeed an idiot and has no political ideals other than "i am the best and everything should reflect that".

You seem to overlook a number of things:
- Nobody is saying that the current situation is the same as Nazi Germany;
- Nobody is saying that we are now all of a sudden living under fascism, but rather that a significant portion of Trump's rhetoric evokes fascism, and that there are signs (I would say strong signs) that he may turn into an authoritarian leader, and possibly a fascist one at that;
- Fascim doesn't equal Nazism. Think of Mussolini's Italy or Salazar's Portugal and the similarities get closer.

:banghead:

fuck this. bye interference.

Not fascist at all:

Steve Bannon Trump Tower Interview: Trump's Strategist Plots "New Political Movement" | Hollywood Reporter

“Darkness is good,” says Bannon, who amid the suits surrounding him at Trump Tower, looks like a graduate student in his T-shirt, open button-down and tatty blue blazer — albeit a 62-year-old graduate student. “Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they—“ I believe by “they” he means liberals and the media, already promoting calls for his ouster “—get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.”

DaveC, can you help us clarify whether the Galactic Empire represents a fascist regime?

Seriously, I can't get over the fact that the President Elect's senior strategic adviser just praised Darth Vader as an example of goodness and power.

:banghead:

fuck this. bye interference.

I understand your frustration with something you're very in tune with (if I recall correctly you actually made sarcastic comments when I was banging my head about statistics and polling). But I think at this point, banging your head anymore won't change anyone's opinion because it's less strict to most people.

I understand your frustration with something you're very in tune with.

Not to pick on you, but this is quite patronizing. We are not amateur political scientists (at least I'm not, quite literally). The problem is not that we "are not in tune with" the topic, but that, from my perspective (I don't want to speak for others), DaveC is simply wrong on political theory.

Bill Ford went to Trump while on the campaign begging him to stop slamming the company. He knows he'd be on the hot seat if he were to make any moves knowing his company is in the public eye. Trump took the assurance from Ford about the Kentucky plant staying put and played it to his advantage making Ford look good in the process. The Art of the Deal.

CEOs should take a lesson from Grubhub.

View attachment 10990

And, as opposed to the multiple sources disputing Trump's claim, we're just supposed to take your word for it without any evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom