Trump General Discusion II - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #941
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Just a little humor for your friday:
One of the most important rules of comedy: know your audience.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #942
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
You're undermining statistics. Assuming that somehow those who conduct polls have lost the ability or understanding of how to create a random sample. Older polls exhibit similar biases to newer ones. Bias isn't some personal insult to a poll. It's a qualitative factor in results.
I'm not sure how you got that from my post. I'm not talking about bias in a poll, or creating a random sample.

I'm talking about the simple fact of getting people to actually answer polls. The ability to effectively reach all demographics is fading, and quickly. On the state level it's even more of a factor.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #943
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

If that were true, then polls wouldn't have become more accurate in general over the last few decades despite cellphone-only households becoming more and more common. They aren't going to be on target all the time, but again, the margin between Clinton and Trump was off by a mere 1 percent this last election. That tells you that they're still reaching the people they need to.

Obviously, polls are meaningless if they ever show a liberal challenger doing better than the corporatist queen. In that case, it's sheer bias, misleading samples ,etc. Even if the same "mistake" occurs time and again in heads-up matchups versus the Republicans.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #944
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post

Unless you are Michael Richards

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 12-02-2016, 02:55 PM   #945
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
You are hearing crickets because this is not a crisis. Until Trump can push through his corporate rate tax cut across the board, Him and Pence picked up the phone to negotiate a business deal with good optics for both parties involved. Carrier was in the public eye, and a move would result in a boycott, a positive move would reinforce their brand stateside. Trump also leveraged Carrier's parent company which already has (under Obama) 7 billion in federal government contracts.
I bet you believe he's not taking his salary either? this is not how any of this went down.
Quote:
Trump made a play that at the time required some finagling through tax credits, which has been the standard operating procedure in DC for 20 years. His eventual plan is an across the board play that upends widespread cronyism within the Beltway. Trump was going to get criticism, but he valued the risk-reward in the eyes of the public and optically he has come out well ahead.
Trump used a deal that was already in place, the kind that the Hannitys and Breitbarts attacked Obama for, to make him look like a hero. He didn't do shit, he has no power to do shit. This was already negotiated, Trump was the photo op.
Quote:
The globalization view in both parties preceding Trump is to just let companies like Carrier go. Trump is asserting himself in the economic health of the country in a way not seen since Teddy R.
What happen to that poster who said, "we sent a man to the moon" I think we can work something out? You believe in innovation when it comes to health care law, but want to reverse in order to keep some blue collar jobs. You want to pay more for A/C units and smartphones? Yay That's what anti-globalization will get you, more expensive items and slower innovation.

Why not use that 'man on the moon' innovation to find what the jobs of the future will be and how we get training to those who need it. But no, you decided to put someone in their who will move us backward economically, socially, and our global standing. Awesome ;up:
Old 12-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #946
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
True. This is the establishment Democrats thread where the wealthy political class makes themselves feel welcoming to all genders, races and creeds while making sure the nominee won't take too much of their tax dollars and continues to promote a war hawk mindset throughout the world.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #947
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
True. This is the establishment Democrats thread where the wealthy political class makes themselves feel welcoming to all genders, races and creeds while making sure the nominee won't take too much of their tax dollars and continues to promote a war hawk mindset throughout the world.
Let's be fair, sometimes we let in racists, sexists, and those that can't get past the headline.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:16 PM   #948
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Those terms are thrown around so often that they are effectively meaningless, hence President Donald Trump.

The establishment could have campaigned on the actual issues, but took the easy way out going with "but he says mean things!" as their platform. Thanks for Trump and good riddance to you and your ilk when we shortly take the reins of this party after decades of misuse.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #949
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
I'm not part of the wealthy Democratic establishment crowd and yet I supported Clinton. Where do I fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Just a little humor for your friday:

"See You Tomorrow"

One sunny day in late January of 2017, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench.

He spoke to the Marine standing guard. "I would like to go in and meet with President Hillary Clinton."

"Sir, Mrs. Clinton is not President and doesn't reside here." The old man sighed and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Hillary Clinton".

"Sir, as I said yesterday, Mrs. Clinton is not President and doesn't reside here." The man thanked him and again walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same Marine. "I would like to go in and meet with President Hillary Clinton."

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man. "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mrs. Clinton. I've told you already several times that Mrs. Clinton is not the President and doesn't reside here. Don't you understand?"

"Oh, I understand you fine. I just love hearing your answer!" The Marine snapped to attention and saluted. "Sir, see you tomorrow."
It's funny because instead of having somebody in the White House who was actually prepared for the job, we'll have somebody who doesn't have the first clue about being president, and who's "overwhelmed" at just how much work it is!

Yeah. Total laugh riot, that.

Seriously, setting aside allllllllllllll the other troubling things about Trump, how does it not disturb those who voted for him that he's so woefully unprepared for being freaking president? I get people want an "outsider" nowadays and all that, but shouldn't the outsider candidate still have at least some idea of what the hell they're doing, and actually understand and prepare for the job they want to take?
Old 12-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #950
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Those terms are thrown around so often that they are effectively meaningless, hence President Donald Trump.
I agree they can get thrown around too much. But no, they are not meaningless, it's just most people won't have the conversation or are not equipped to have the conversation.

Quote:
The establishment could have campaigned on the actual issues, but took the easy way out going with "but he says mean things!" as their platform. Thanks for Trump and good riddance to you and your ilk when we shortly take the reins of this party after decades of misuse.
You are not THIS naive.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:42 PM   #951
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

What exactly were Hillary's credentials anyway? Voting for the war in Iraq? Accepting corporate bribes via the foundation? Running a race-baiting campaign in 2008?

Frankly, the election of Trump and the country not having a nuclear meltdown will prove that relatively anybody that deems themselves capable can handle the job. That's a good thing as it increases the number of options for either party. Otherwise, you might as well only allow Secretary of States to run since they know so much about foreign policy (exactly why the Aleppo thing with Gary Johnson was so stupid, especially given his anti-interventionist stances).

And again, voters do not care about experience. Just what you will plan to do for them. Hello Freshman Senator to President, Barack Obama.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #952
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Except when somebody argues that somebody's skin color makes them more likely to commit crime, then it's not "throwing it around." That person's pretty fucking racist.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #953
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Trump General Discusion II

Nm
Old 12-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #954
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Except when somebody argues that somebody's skin color makes them more likely to commit crime, then it's not "throwing it around." That person's pretty fucking racist.
And blacksplaining with the "my problem with the black community is..."
Old 12-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #955
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
What exactly were Hillary's credentials anyway? Voting for the war in Iraq? Accepting corporate bribes via the foundation? Running a race-baiting campaign in 2008?
She had a hell of a lot more political experience and knowledge than Trump. That's a basic fact. She's been in some form of political office before. She's read up on every issue under the sun. She wouldn't be coming into the White House going, "Whoa, being president looks haaaaaaaaaaaard..." the way Trump is.

People have mentioned her experience and credentials numerous times in here. Whether you agree with her or not on various issues, the fact remains that unlike Trump, she's actually legit qualified for the job.

Quote:
And again, voters do not care about experience. Just what you will plan to do for them. Hello Freshman Senator to President, Barack Obama.
Or, here's a novel idea: voters could care about, y'know, BOTH of those things.

And again, Obama still had more political experience going into being president than Trump does. And he prepared for the job before taking it. He read up on all the things he needed to read up on, he studied how the job works, he actually listened to the advice and suggestions people gave him about becoming president.

That said, I would be fine with the fact that Trump hasn't held any political office of any sort prior to being president if I knew he was genuinely preparing for the job and studying all the things he needed to study/listening to the people he needed to listen to, and taking his new job even remotely seriously. I do not get that vibe from him at all. And that is very disturbing. And it should disturb his supporters, too.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #956
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 06:59 PM
Quote:
Frankly, the election of Trump and the country not having a nuclear meltdown will prove that relatively anybody that deems themselves capable can handle the job.
I still think there's a good chance of a nuclear meltdown in the next four years. Probably figuratively, but perhaps literally.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:13 PM   #957
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

This thread has taken quite a turn since the return of the prodigal son.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #958
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

All I ask for is an apology for making Clinton the nominee and an agreement to the plan for people to work towards having a Progressive one four years from now, but it seems like the latter is just too much to ask from the establishment and party faithful.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #959
Blue Crack Addict

i'm done pretending like i have any respect for this "progressive" scumbag.

clearly he's gone straight back to his old tricks.

clearly this is not stopping any time soon.

i can't read this sexist, racist shitspew on a daily basis anymore. interference is sadly totally ruined for me because of one horrible poster. i'm quitting, other than to finish out the football pick-em season.

bmp, you can go fuck yourself for being human scum and a total phony. you are the exact opposite of everything you claim to be and you're faker than a story from ryan lochte. fuck you for ruining this place for me after 15 years.

thanks for the memories, to the rest of you. it's been fun.

bye everyone
Old 12-02-2016, 04:27 PM   #960
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i'm done pretending like i have any respect for this "progressive" scumbag.

clearly he's gone straight back to his old tricks.

clearly this is not stopping any time soon.

i can't read this sexist, racist shitspew on a daily basis anymore. interference is sadly totally ruined for me because of one horrible poster. i'm quitting, other than to finish out the football pick-em season.

bmp, you can go fuck yourself for being human scum and a total phony. you are the exact opposite of everything you claim to be and you're faker than a story from ryan lochte. fuck you for ruining this place for me after 15 years.

thanks for the memories, to the rest of you. it's been fun.

bye everyone
Look, I'm with you. Just use the ignore button and refrain from reading quotes and you'll be fine. I wish he was permanently banned, but clearly that's not going to happen. I do hope you stay.