Trump General Discusion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump team is saying Taiwan called Trump not the other way around.

Trump is suing to have the Michigan recount prevented. Cute.

Trump team is saying Taiwan called Trump not the other way around.

Trump is suing to have the Michigan recount prevented. Cute.

This is not how these kind of calls work. One leader doesn't pick up the phone impromptu to call the other one. It's worked out in advance. They are supposed to get briefing notes from the foreign ministries. Trump is ignoring the State Dept. He chose to answer the call, either unaware of the consequences or seeing a possible business advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I ❤ ignore. So, these next 4 years are going to royally suck, aren't they.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

Not to divert the conversation, but does anyone feel as though ignoring people is legitimately living in a bubble?

Unless it's personal, I wanna hear all the shitty views. Helps me understand what real people think. Helps me apply that to my ever so infinitely small impact on the world.

I tend to agree with you on that, LN7. I've yet to use my ignore function at all (in part because I kind of tend to forget it's there :p).

That said, however, given some of the viewpoints that have been shared in here throughout the years, I can understand some people just wanting to spare their blood pressure and putting the person on ignore, if for no other reason than to spare themselves the risk of saying things they may regret to the person who's upsetting them.

Plus, if, say, somebody's spouting homophobic views, I wouldn't blame an LGBT person for not wanting to put up with that on a site they come to for fun. Especially if they have to hear that sort of talk elsewhere in their lives on a daily basis.

So, these next 4 years are going to royally suck, aren't they.

Pretty much. I just keep hoping for some sort of miracle revelation/impeachment scenario/scandal that will see to it Trump either can't become president, or doesn't remain president for very long.

(How we'd deal with Pence if such a thing happened, I don't know, but that's a bridge we'd cross if that time came.)

Pence is no improvement. He would hold his tongue more but there would be absolutely no wiggle room on certain issues. Out would go anti-free trade and imperialist rhetoric and in would come the worst neocon we've ever had. I'll gladly take Trump over any of those other fools.

Trump may well become the most successful President ever in terms of getting their own legislation passed. He has all of Congress, the Supreme Court, Republicans holding most of the state houses, etc. Meanwhile, the right just can't wait to pass all of their awful crap after being in the dark for about a decade.

Kind of ironic that Clinton called herself "a progressive who gets things done" when she couldn't even win an election in the first place and surely would have faced major obstructionism with no prayer of ever holding the House, thus making her the least successful modern President in history. And yes Bernie may have fared even worse.

So, if you hate a do-nothing Congress, that's now no more. And in an even crazier twist, it may be through Donald Trump that we actually get, say, a minimum wage increase. Something that would have been impossible with a Democratic President and Republican House.

Last edited:
Not to divert the conversation, but does anyone feel as though ignoring people is legitimately living in a bubble?

Unless it's personal, I wanna hear all the shitty views. Helps me understand what real people think. Helps me apply that to my ever so infinitely small impact on the world.

If the mods won't ban trolls, I'd rather live an existence where I can pretend they did. I've only ignored 3 people ever in all the time I've been on Interference. Two trolls, one for personal reasons. Only have one person on ignore right now.

I'm fine disagreeing with people. You and I are not always on the same page and yet we can have a respectful disagreement. But I don't need to read racist or mysoginist thoughts, pure nonsense, or outright trolling. So I'm fine blocking people in these categories.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Pence is no improvement. He would hold his tongue more but there would be absolutely no wiggle room on certain issues. Out would go anti-free trade and imperialist rhetoric and in would come the worst neocon we've ever had. I'll gladly take Trump over any of those other fools.

Trump may well become the most successful President ever in terms of getting their own legislation passed. He has all of Congress, the Supreme Court, Republicans holding most of the state houses, etc. Meanwhile, the right just can't wait to pass all of their awful crap after being in the dark for about a decade.

Kind of ironic that Clinton called herself "a progressive who gets things done" when she couldn't even win an election in the first place and surely would have faced major obstructionism with no prayer of ever holding the House, thus making her the least successful modern President in history. And yes Bernie may have fared even worse.

So, if you hate a do-nothing Congress, that's now no more. And in an even crazier twist, it may be through Donald Trump that we actually get, say, a minimum wage increase. Something that would have been impossible with a Democratic President and Republican House.
One posative I hope to come from a Trump presidency is that we get a solution on the boarder and imigration. I am hoping for a secured southern boarder which will result in drastically reducing the amount of heroin in this country. Also an imigration policy that prevents undocumented people from being exploited and living in fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom