Trump General Discusion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these rust belt working class Americans that all the lefties and non-American are bashing in here were just fine when they were part of your winning coalition for Clinton in 92, 96 and Obama 08,12. I have a feeling if Hillary and Podesta were smart enough to keep them in the fold ths time aligned against the elitists, GOP nobody would be complaining about them.

Show me where I'm 'bashing' working class Americans.

All these rust belt working class Americans that all the lefties and non-American are bashing in here were just fine when they were part of your winning coalition for Clinton in 92, 96 and Obama 08,12. I have a feeling if Hillary and Podesta were smart enough to keep them in the fold ths time aligned against the elitists, GOP nobody would be complaining about them.
Oh my bad, I didn't realize white folk from rural America were the only ones who were a part of the "working class"

Can we also stop with the word "elites." It's a bullshit term, and as Gore Vidal once said, "used to describe anyone who reads the New York Times without mouthing the words."

only if we agree to also stop with the word "fascist".

...but if Trump continues to fail on, like, nearly every single big promise he made to them, I won't deny getting some sort of smug satisfaction out of it. Course, at the same time, I'll also be nervous, because if his supporters get angry because Trump didn't do what they wanted, they'll likely just find somebody else to pin all their hopes and dreams on, somebody who might actually not be afraid to go that far with the sort of craziness Trump promised. And that would be terrifying.

for this exact reason.

It would be terrible if Trump were to lose another election by another 2m votes and still remain in power. It would also be terrible if his party were to control all three branches of government and 2-3 more SCOTUS seats. It's totally normal for him to call any outcome other than his victory "rigged." That's just par for the course in a modern, Western democracy.

Rural America is backwards bullshit.

It's not the "real America" even though they like to play themselves off as that. It's white people who don't realize that the rest of the world has moved on without them.

America was built as a land of religious freedom, a land of immigrants. Not a land for pissed off white Christians who can't figure out why things are different.

The real America respects all religions, separates church from state, and is a melting pot of all people. A place where your tired, poor and huddled masses yearning to be free can all live together.

Fuck middle America.

Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I understand the scepticism re recounts etc. But there has been some really weird stuff this election.
1. Clinton camp emails hacked and hacked again, then being used to aide her opposition.
2. Trump's campaign running a series of false promises so blatant it seemed like a bad movie.
3. First candidate in decades to refuse to release tax returns, thereby eliminating transparency in that candidate's dealings and interests.
4. FBI announcement within 2 weeks of election, then again within a few days.
5. Constant and unprecedented talk from Trump re rigged voting, voter fraud, not necessarily accepting the outcome etc, leading Dems to loudly declare the necessity of accepting the outcome.
6. Huge win by Clinton in total votes.
7. Strong showing in Texas by Clinton, suggesting that state's changing demographics but also indicating Clinton was not so horrid after all.
8. Trump's win coming via a series of close and largely unexpected swing state and rust belt wins.

I'm sure there's a higher chance all is legit and as it seems than there is some conspiracy, but consider this for a minute: if there has been foreign meddling in this election resulting in a win for Trump, that is an absolutely massive strike by a foreign power against the United States. Consider the lives, dollars and political capital the US has spent defending itself over the last 70 years. But with this, not a murmur? Not one person in the world was able to hack Trump's email? Not one US security expert was able to verify whether foreign interests were playing a role?
Now the vote is weirdly weirdly off, with Clinton thumping Trump in the overall vote but narrowly losing those swing states...
I dunno. Just feels off.

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Last edited:
I'm sure there's a higher chance all is legit and as it seems than there is some conspiracy, but consider this for a minute: if there has been foreign meddling in this election resulting in a win for Trump, that is an absolutely massive strike by a foreign power against the United States. Consider the lives, dollars and political capital the US has spent defending itself over the last 70 years. But with this, not a murmur?

Although the result is undeniably awful, this is reminiscent of what the US have done to other countries themselves in the past (and still do today). It's just so odd though to even imagine the possibility of it happening to the US.

#conned

Secret Service in talks to rent space in Trump Tower: report | TheHill

Law enforcement told The New York Post Thursday that the Secret Service is in negotiations with the Trump Organization to take over two vacant floors at Trump Tower.

Should these negotiations go through, taxpayers would likely be paying the president-elect's corporation to lease the two floors. The Post reported that a lease deal could cost more than $3 million based on current rates at Trump Tower. Two of the floors, which are 3,000- to 5,000-square-foot spaces, are currently marketed at $105 per square-foot.

I'm sure there's a higher chance all is legit and as it seems than there is some conspiracy
As I mentioned before, from what I've read, the odds of her losing by the amount she did in the number of states she did, that she was predicted to win, is actually very statistically low.

As I mentioned before, from what I've read, the odds of her losing by the amount she did in the number of states she did, that she was predicted to win, is actually very statistically low.

If the results were flipped, Trump and the GOP would not accept the outcome.

And that alone would normally be of interest, I would have thought. Throw everything else into the mix and it does seem to warrant some investigation.

Rural America is backwards bullshit.

It's not the "real America" even though they like to play themselves off as that. It's white people who don't realize that the rest of the world has moved on without them.

America was built as a land of religious freedom, a land of immigrants. Not a land for pissed off white Christians who can't figure out why things are different.

The real America respects all religions, separates church from state, and is a melting pot of all people. A place where your tired, poor and huddled masses yearning to be free can all live together.

Fuck middle America.

If I could agree with this 1000 times, I would.

:up:

Must we insist that "real America" is comprised of a bunch of closed-minded hicks with junior high educations and truck nuts? Is that really the image we're trying to project to the world?

Last edited:
Must we insist that "real America" is comprised of a bunch of closed-minded hicks with junior high educations and truck nuts? Is that really the image we're trying to project to the world?

Firstly, "real America" lost by over 2m votes. So they aren't even half the vote, let alone half the country.

"Real America" is something "elites" say to shame other "elites" for being out-of-touch (the implication being that you somehow have your finger on the pulse of "real America") as "elites" compete with and try to feel superior to one another on Internet message boards.

The truth, which should be obvious, to anyone who has visited the US, let alone lived here, is that there is no objective Real America -- there are many, many Americas (there are 50 different states, just for starters), one no more real and authentic than the other.

i can't believe that people will just sit back and let things like this happen?! :ohmy:
of all of the many things to be upset about re: the Trump campaign, the secret service renting out space at Trump Tower for a few million is not one of them.

i'm sure the detail on martha's vineyard every august wasn't exactly cheap, nor was protecting the crawford ranch, kennybunkport, etc. etc. etc.

shutting down 5th avenue because trump wants to spend 4 days a week at trump tower, on the other hand, is some bullshit.

of all of the many things to be upset about re: the Trump campaign, the secret service renting out space at Trump Tower for a few million is not one of them.

i'm sure the detail on martha's vineyard every august wasn't exactly cheap, nor was protecting the crawford ranch, kennybunkport, etc. etc. etc.

shutting down 5th avenue because trump wants to spend 4 days a week at trump tower, on the other hand, is some bullshit.

I know there are millions of things to be upset about right now, but my point here was more about tax payers' money going straight into the president's business - isn't that corruption? We've had government ministers prosecuted for less here in France...

I know there are millions of things to be upset about right now, but my point here was more about tax payers' money going straight into the president's business - isn't that corruption?

It's absolutely everyfuckingthing that his voters claimed to have voted against.

Corruption
Frivolous spending
Filling the swamp

My taxes went up, I filled a reality tv star's wallet, increased his property value on the tax payer's dime, made my country a laughing stock, and didn't get the wall. All because my anger didn't allow me to pay attention. #Igotfuckinconned2016

I know there are millions of things to be upset about right now, but my point here was more about tax payers' money going straight into the president's business - isn't that corruption? We've had government ministers prosecuted for less here in France...
Joe Biden charged the secret service rent on his property. Not as much as Trump is, obviously, but rent's a tad cheaper in Delaware than midtown Manhattan.

Joe Biden charged the secret service rent on his property. Not as much as Trump is, obviously, but rent's a tad cheaper in Delaware than midtown Manhattan.

Obviously we've paid for security to stay and cover the costs that ensue, but I do believe this is much different. We'll be paying for them to be full time residents in what is one of the highest rents in the states, paying for security measures for the building which will increase the property value and increase rent, plus pay for the dispersing of existing tenants that may have to move to another floor.

We're not just covering costs, we're increasing Trump's profits.

Obviously we've paid for security to stay and cover the costs that ensue, but I do believe this is much different. We'll be paying for them to be full time residents in what is one of the highest rents in the states, paying for security measures for the building which will increase the property value and increase rent, plus pay for the dispersing of existing tenants that may have to move to another floor.

We're not just covering costs, we're increasing Trump's profits.

And if Mike Bloomberg won, they'd be doing the same things and paying the same costs.

Are we not supposed to pay for the same level of security just because he's wealthy?

I can't stand the guy but this is a none issue.

And if Mike Bloomberg won, they'd be doing the same things and paying the same costs.

Are we not supposed to pay for the same level of security just because he's wealthy?

I can't stand the guy but this is a none issue.

My issue is not with the security, it's mostly with the hypocrisy.

He's given a residence. I understand Bush had his ranch, and Obama the Hamptons, etc. and honestly I have no issue with that, but I do have issue with the tax payer paying Trump's businesses directly out of his design. Bush didn't have residents 24/7 at the ranch nor was he profiting from his visits there. Joe Biden was already the landlord of the house the ss rented and they actually approached him about it. Trump will force the ss to rent all year round for a place that is not his permanent residence, while increasing his rent because of the increased security that we're paying for.

Last edited:
Yeah, are the Secret Service always going to be staying there, or just there when trump is on vacation?

Yeah, are the Secret Service always going to be staying there, or just there when trump is on vacation?

It really doesn't matter, I doubt they have monthly leases on those floors. We'll be paying for 4 years, no matter if he goes there once a week or once a year. This is draining the swamp fiscally conservative politics at its best.

Last edited:
It is this attitude that will keep Democrats out of power for the foreseeable future

You're referring to the same democrats who have been in power for 8 years and consistently have shown an ability to bring more voters (measurable in the millions) than conservatives to the table. In fact, conservatives still haven't shown that they can provide the same amount of voters as liberals.

Conservatives are still a dying breed, don't confuse that due to the electoral college playing its role and giving a marginal minority a victory.

Yep. Those factory jobs aren't coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom