Trump General Discusion II - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #321
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:12 PM
You should have registered

Old 11-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:12 AM
I think this cartoon perfectly sums up the alternate universes people seem to live in currently:

It's just like the UK after Brexit. And it's not one or two, but thousands and thousands of incidences where people even directly refer to the fact that "Now with Trump as President...". That's pretty much the height of it. People blatantly stating the reason for their action, and the person and anyone associated with him go on and say, "Well, you can't really blame me for that!"

A colleague of mine recently met with a woman from Chicago who is an art therapist. She gave a training for therapists of our organisation. She said she's providing voluntary therapy services at a school in Chicago. Since Trump's starting to campaign, latino and black children come to her telling of harassment by the white kids. Girls experience inappropriate behaviour by boys. So the therapist sits down with the kids doing these kind of things and asks why. The answer pretty much in unison: This man running for President is doing this/saying this. It's really frustrating for the therapist, as it is for parents, because what to do? Tell them: "Oh yes, he's your President now. You should look up to him and respect him. But please don't you ever do what he's doing."?

On Clinton's loss, I liked this article by Susan Bordo very interesting, and the points she made about the generational gap:

Quote:
For weeks, I had listened to 19 year-olds and media pundits alike lavish praise on Bernie Sanders for his bold, revolutionary message and pour scorn on Hillary for being "establishment." He was described as "heart" and she as "head"—a bitter irony for those of us familiar with the long history of philosophical, religious, and medical diatribes disqualifying women from leadership positions on the basis of our supposedly less-disciplined emotions. He was seen as "authentic" in his progressivism while she was seen as having moved to the left out of political expediency — as though a lifetime of fighting for universal healthcare, for gender and racial equality and for children’s rights didn’t pass the litmus tests for "progressive" causes. He was the champion of the working class while her long-standing commitments to child care, paid sick leave, the repeal of the Hyde Amendment and narrowing the wage-gap between working men and women are apparently nullified by her having accepted highly-paid invitations to speak at Goldman Sachs.
source: US election: The Creation of "Hillary Clinton" and the Deconstruction of Hillary Clinton |*ZEIT ONLINE

Old 11-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #323
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Old 11-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #324
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's tr single most divisive issue in American political life.

Because when you accuse the other side of murdering babies, everything else just falls in line.
When it doesn't even have to be. It's tiring to point out, but between "always abort" and "never abort" there is ample room for a compromise solution.

I found this article to be highly enlightening on the whole topic: The Real Origins of the Religious Right - POLITICO Magazine

The premise is, that other than the Catholic church the Evangelicals originally weren't opposed to abortion initially. But then the IRS threatened to take away the tax exemption of their racially segregated colleges. That was when they discovered abortion as a topic around which to rally support for which ever Presidential candidate would be most likely be keeping the IRS away from their precious money well, while simultaneously keeping them colored folks away.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:03 PM   #325
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
They're not even blissfully ignorant. They just plug their ears when you give them facts. Historical facts.

They write their own history in a way that's convenient to them. "Ya we got the #1 POTUS in our party! Greatest of all time, guys! Go team Republican!"

They don't have to try, they just elected a man who could just make up shit on the fly to the highest office in the country.

This is our future.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 11-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Looking a little closer at this election Trump won this election by only about 120,000 votes in FL, and Johnson and Stein could have been factors.

Take away those 29 votes and Trump is at 261, with MI, within the margin of auto recount, we came very close to a 2000 contested election, I would not have blamed Hillary and Podesta for challenging MI, if they got a clear win in FL
Kind of makes Podesta and Hillary one day late concession seem reasonable, not that I ever faulted them for that.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding this issue correctly, but it seems like the health of the mother part of the issue is even up for debate in this topic, yes?
And they don't even need to wait for the laws to get changed, just for the Catholic church to take over enough hospitals: https://youtu.be/YWuGgahmP7Y?t=1m1s
Old 11-20-2016, 05:37 PM   #328
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Looking a little closer at this election Trump won this election by only about 120,000 votes in FL, and Johnson and Stein could have been factors.

Take away those 29 votes and Trump is at 259, with MI, within the margin of auto recount, we came very close to a 2000 contested election, I would not have blamed Hillary and Podesta for challenging MI, if they got a clear win in FL

Kind of makes Podesta and Hillary one day late concession seem reasonable, not that I ever faulted them for that.

Do you legitimately think she would win 75% of third party voters? The vast majority of which voted for a libertarian candidate?

120,000 is a very large gap.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

No, but I think a little better effort might have got a few more people to the polls,

For the longest time I was an emotional ranter about the Nader voters wrecking Gore and putting W in office, I no longer believe that.

I still say 2016 is a close election, even in the EC.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:51 PM   #330
Blue Crack Addict

https://my.democrats.org/page/signup...61120_dnc_full

:
Old 11-20-2016, 06:02 PM   #331
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
When it doesn't even have to be. It's tiring to point out, but between "always abort" and "never abort" there is ample room for a compromise solution.

I found this article to be highly enlightening on the whole topic: The Real Origins of the Religious Right - POLITICO Magazine

The premise is, that other than the Catholic church the Evangelicals originally weren't opposed to abortion initially. But then the IRS threatened to take away the tax exemption of their racially segregated colleges. That was when they discovered abortion as a topic around which to rally support for which ever Presidential candidate would be most likely be keeping the IRS away from their precious money well, while simultaneously keeping them colored folks away.

The Falwell-type religious rift will tell you they were created/formed in the aftermath of Roe v Wade.

But it was really desegregation.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #332
Blue Crack Supplier

She's now up by 1.5m in the popular vote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

So,
Kanye
Quote:
Later, West’s rant veered toward Hillary Clinton (“This Saint Pablo tour is the most relevant [thing] happening. If your old ass keeps following old models, you’ll be Hillary Clinton.”) and the radio industry for not playing Frank Ocean and Kid Cudi (“Radio, f--k you! Oh yeah, I’m on my Trump shit tonight. Radio -- f--k you!”).
Old 11-20-2016, 06:18 PM   #334
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
So,
Kanye
Who. Cares.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #335
Blue Crack Addict

And please don,t say

All lives matter or
blue lives matter

Because you will be called a racist, , c*nt, c*nt, c*nt.

SAPD officer shot, killed near police HQ downtown - San Antonio Express-News

Trumpets are responsible for this man's anger and action, right?
Old 11-20-2016, 06:33 PM   #336
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
And please don,t say

All lives matter or
blue lives matter

Because you will be called a racist, , c*nt, c*nt, c*nt.

SAPD officer shot, killed near police HQ downtown - San Antonio Express-News

Trumpets are responsible for this man's anger and action, right?
No.

You're responsible for putting a woefully unqualified douchebag in office. Not for this shooting.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:40 PM   #337
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Old 11-20-2016, 06:41 PM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
No.

You're responsible for putting a woefully unqualified douchebag in office. Not for this shooting.
Not me,

I'm in a blue state and Madonna made a good sales pitch

Madonna says she'll give blow jobs in return for Hillary Clinton votes | Metro News

However, she is not returning my calls now
Old 11-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:42 AM
deep is on a roll
clearly coherent thoughts today

Old 11-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #340
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
She's now up by 1.5m in the popular vote
Questionable campaign strategy by the extremely well-funded Clinton crowd.