Trayvon Martin's murderer George Zimmerman is still a free man

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Yoland called this right in April 2012, I agreed with her then.

I hope Zimmerman, the child killer, is at least convicted of manslaughter.

Damn, she is smart.

I miss seeing her around here.

in your universe someone could come over and kill Caleb8844 and then say "he said "tonight you die" so I was afraid for my life. I acted in self defense"

Deep. Live on the real world. I cant kill Deep and claim self defense. That is ridicioulus. Zimmerman obviously was injured. Ge gad a right to defend himself.

Deep. Live on the real world. I cant kill Deep and claim self defense. That is ridicioulus. Zimmerman obviously was injured. Ge gad a right to defend himself.

I think people might want to engage more and pay attention to your thoughts if you didn't have to pepper your posts with things like, "live on the real world" in every single post.

But for me, this is the very crux of the whole entire case. We know Martin and Zimmerman got into an altercation, and we know Zimmerman was injured. BUT what we do not know is HOW this altercation started. Plain and simple. It could have easily been Martin defending himself because he had reasonable fear for his life.

So there's this small window of this story that we will probably never know, we don't have 9/11 recordings of it and we don't have witnesses. We just have the word of the man that survived, who has been caught in quite a few lies since this all happen. So we can believe his word, or there may be another side to the story. Now what if Zimmerman first provoked Martin by presenting his gun? What if Zimmerman first assaulted Martin? In those two scenarios, where would Martin's rights to self defense have been? The last one standing gets to claim self defense?

TO ME, this is why this case is of interest, because it does make some question how the law of self defense MIGHT be used.

I love when people throw around "self defense" as if there needs to be no proportionality of response.

So if I come up to you and provoke a fight with you for no reason and you swing a punch at me and give me a black eye... cool if I just pull out my 9 and blow your brains out? You injured me... definitely self defense.

So if I come up to you and provoke a fight with you for no reason and you swing a punch at me and give me a black eye... cool if I just pull out my 9 and blow your brains out? You injured me... definitely self defense.

why were you stalking me in the pouring rain while i'm just walking home after getting some skittles and an ice tea? it's really weird that you're following me around in your car and, look, you just got out of your car and are now following me on foot. i have no idea who you are -- no uniform, no marked car, no indication that you're carrying a firearm -- so why are you bothering me when i've literally done nothing but be black?

My good sir, being black is not something you do. It's something you are.

so why are you following me? you clearly think i'm doing something?

so going back and reading i see i've misread what you were responding to ... i apologize and am about to head out on a much needed vacation so my reading skills are a bit sub par today ... however, i do think this line of thinking is important: did Trayvon feel threatened by Zimmerman?

The last one standing gets to claim self defense?

This to me seems to be the very dangerous precedent that this case could set. I'm not a legal expert by any means, but it does seem like a great deal of the defense work for Zimmerman was accomplished simply by Martin not being alive.

Anyone see the closing arguments? I've been dvr ing the whole trial coverage from CNN, have only gotten through about 20-30 hours. Too busy, and it's summer and time to enjoy life while you can. But the prosecutor who did the rebuttal after the defense's close- he told the jury that this case isn't about race at all, that it's about right and wrong. That if you reverse it and have Trayvon in the car following Zimmerman and shooting Zimmerman, what would the decision/conclusion/verdict be. That that proves it isn't about race. Several of the supposed expert commentators said that he was proving his own point in the reverse, that it is about race because of that. I think he wanted them to do that, to have that in mind. Think they might have done that anyway, if only in their own individual minds.

One thing for sure, that judge ran a very tight ship. People said she favored the state too much, but in general judges tend to do that. But it was one of Zimmerman's lawyers who just didn't know when to quit when she told him to. It's Don West, the older guy. Honestly I'm surprised she didn't hold him in contempt. She was the complete opposite of Judge Ito, not at all playing to the cameras and dragging it out the way he did. Wonder what he's doing now.

If Zimmerman is acquitted of all charges I see him as a Casey Anthony of sorts, don't see how he can ever go back to any sort of normal life. Sometimes freedom isn't all it's cracked up to be. Maybe he'll get a book deal, but all my hunches say that would be a no. She was alleged to have killed her own daughter, so that made her an even bigger pariah.

I have no idea what this jury will do, no jury is predictable. Every person brings their own life experiences, prejudices, feelings, etc into it. As hard as you try not to, so much of that is subconscious. People thought Casey Anthony was a slam dunk, and obviously it wasn't. OJ too.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
those prosecutors should be fired. they bowed to public pressure and went after a charge that they could never get.

Similar to Casey Anthony, isn't it? Prosecutors overreaching on the charge.

Disgusting result for humanity.

Yes, it is disgusting

173397209.jpg

He should've gotten guilty for manslaughter. Why not that?

ETA: Just saw that the jury didn't respond the counsel's questions on why they asked about the manslaughter charge. Hmph. Zimmerman should've gotten that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom