Trash Can

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I know we disagree on political issues, but you're all right, man. I could see us at a restaurant, having a fine time talking about all that Christ means to us, and then one of us throws in something political, and the other one says "Oh, hell, don't start THAT again!"

Originally posted by Like O2 (in the Find a mate thread):

The three of us can meet at some bar after a 3rd Leg U2 concert and solve the problems of the world then.
biggrin.gif

I wanna go, I wanna go!! Can I come with you guys??

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Originally posted by Like O2:
I wanna go, I wanna go!! Can I come with you guys??
Sure, `twill be fun. But if we meet at a bar, it's gotta be one that serves Shirley Temples...

Gee thanks 80. Yeah, I know I REALLY disagree with your political views...REALLY...really...

really

(Same goes for you, Claire!)

And I've seen a few differences in our religion beliefs. After all, I AM a "Liberal"!
biggrin.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I guess I could hold my tongue, IF we had a nice steak dinner.
(damn... too bad you're not some cute, smart & single 30-something Christian woman....Nahhh!! Can't deal with that right now.)

...where was I??

Oh yeah!!

Hey, well IF you are serious... I mean, you DO live in Arlington Texas, right???

We could do the lunch thing.
Except, I don't know when. I work now (WOO HOO!!!), in N. Dallas, and my weekends are booked til Sept. 23 (church volunteer).

But, I guess after that date, I could take a chance and let another Interference junkie see me in person ( Damn... that means I can't say that I look like Ben Afleck anymore!!!).

trash_can@u2email.com

Write me if you like.

Eileen, what... you'd take a flight up here for lunch????
eek.gif

OH.. I really don't do bars anymore. I too take the alcohol-free route (We'd have to watch Claire drink herself under the table, I guess)... Although, I guess I do cheat, because I do have the occasional "O'Douls".
Man... If I drink about 50 of those, I just get a slight buzz.

Anyway, let me know. Who knows... I could be wrong. You may turn out to be a decent man after all!

Peace.

..ok, ok. I WAS joking about the "decent man" remark!!... Haha???
tongue.gif

Okay, okay.....forget the bar...geeze, I feel like a lush! (Is that a real word or one that my friends just made up in high school?) Anyway, I'd suggest coffee, but I'm a tea drinker.

How 'bout pancakes? I can never resist an IHOP and a great stack of pancakes...

Seriously, can't wait to see where the 3rd leg brings U2 this fall and which interferencers I meet.

Trash, you gonna buy me a GA ticket for the Dallas show if they really don't come back to Houston? Yes....of course I'll send you the money...just buy me the ticket.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Am I allowed to go to the post-concert gathering if I don't go to the concert?

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Am I allowed to go to the post-concert gathering if I don't go to the concert?

xzicon_smile_shock.gif
wha, wha, wha....what are ya talkin' about? Quick, take your temperature...

Well, do you have a fever? If your not ill,

WHAT ARE YA TALKING ABOUT????

U2 in your own neighborhood and you're not going????
eek.gif

Yes of course you can come to the concert let down party, but come to the concert too!!!

Have you seen U2 before? Can you tell how shocked I am?
eek.gif

*O2 runs to get a cold cup of water before she faints*

------------------

Have you seen U2 before? Can you tell how shocked I am?
eek.gif

*O2 runs to get a cold cup of water before she faints*
I saw `em back in 85, and they were really really good, but these days I don't really go to concerts unless it's one of my top 5 or so artists.

but these days I don't really go to concerts unless it's one of my top 5 or so artists.

The above post was me being SPEECHLESS!!! Quick, please explain the meaning of this because I MUST HAVE missed something....

it seems as if you might be implying that U2 is one of your top 5, but surely I'm just too tired to really understand what you meant.

------------------

i have also be left speechless. This has to be a joke!!

Say it aint sooooo...

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

The above post was me being SPEECHLESS!!! Quick, please explain the meaning of this because I MUST HAVE missed something....
it seems as if you might be implying that U2 is one of your top 5, but surely I'm just too tired to really understand what you meant.
I didn't mean to slight U2. I don't really care much for concerts at all lately. The honest truth of the matter with U2 is that the tickets cost way too much for me to justify going.

From 84-90, they were IT. #1 with a bullet. But I really didn't care for their music at all starting in 1992 and on, and only started liking them again with the ne walbum. And while I absolutely LOVE the new album, they haven't worked their way back into my top 5. Here are my current top 6.

1)Asia
2)ABBA
3)Cliff Richard
4)Monkees
5)The Alarm
6)U2

From 84-90, they were IT. #1 with a bullet. But I really didn't care for their music at all starting in 1992 and on, and only started liking them again with the ne walbum. And while I absolutely LOVE the new album, they haven't worked their way back into my top 5. Here are my current top 6.

1)Asia
2)ABBA
3)Cliff Richard
4)Monkees
5)The Alarm
6)U2

fie.gif

sleep.gif
<---- Someone get a doctor, O2's fainted!!

Originally posted by Hitman:
Do you spend this much time posting on message boards for your top 5?

Only 1 - ASIA- has a message board, so I do on that one. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE ATYCLB...it was my favorite album of 2000. If U2 had made CDs as good that for the last 10 years, they'd probably be number 3. Believe me, I listen to tons of CDs (I've got over 400), so being number 6 on my list is very very good, not bad.

... I'm stunned also!!

And all this time we thought 80 was one of "us"!!
wink.gif

Oh well. Live and let live.

Claire, if U2 does come, I plan to buy my ticket through a "broker". I know its "wrong" and expensive, but yes, I DO think it is worth it, and... I'm NOT going to play the "game" of trying to but tickets the regular way.

I WILL buy you one too, of course ( what about your hubby!!??)

Paz!

Haven't seen Trash Can around these parts for a long time.

Report in Trash and let us know you're okay....please.

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Back
Top Bottom