Tragic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Friday night some of us from work were having a casual get-together for happy hour at a nearby restaurant. I got there late and only stayed about an hour as I'm not exactly the partying type. Had my glass of wine and chatted with the coworkers. There were a few people there that I didn't know, only knew their names, but I met them and enjoyed their company. I left early and went home to my snug house and had a nice weekend.

But today, I am in a bit of a state of shock. I wandered in to work this morning only to have one of my coworkers come up and ask me if I'd heard "the news" about what happened this weekend. As soon as he started saying some names...I knew.
frown.gif

Four of the people that I had been with on Friday evening were involved in a serious car accident with a semi truck as they were driving home. One of the women was killed. The other three are in serious condition.

And I'm sitting here with images running through my mind of that night. I can see her face across the table from me...so full of life, so young, beautiful and vibrant. And now this life is no more. I found out today that she has a husband and two infant children.

I am overwhelmed with the fragility of life at this particular moment.
frown.gif

I read about this accident in the paper on Saturday and yesterday night - and knowing the proximity of the accident to your residence, I immediately thought of you. When I saw you yesterday, I was relieved to know you were safe. And the accident still hits home for you.

The authorities did not release her name to the paper.

I often fear the day that I will recieve news of a family member or a friend's death involved in an accident. I read those articles all o the time, hoping I do not know the victims.

That is terribly sad. And yes, life is awfully fragile.

I will never ever forget Oct.11, 1989. I came home from college only to learn that my 31 year old brother had been killed in a car accident. He was a great man who left behind 2 young kids and a wife.

Since that time I have lost my dad and my son.

My outlook on life has been altered greatly. I don't take people for granted anymore. I let loved ones know how I feel about them, because I am always aware how fragile this life really is - it is always on my mind.

That is also why I am so concerned that people get right with God while they still have the chance.

As much death as I have faced in my life, I never get used to it. I hate it as much now as I ever did. But I have a great God in Heaven that comforts me immensely.

It's not death that's tragic, but the separation from our loved ones.

It's another basic element that mirrors the eternal design, as we are made in His image. Just like a parent's love for a child, is like His love for us, and the separation from our loved ones mirrors the separation from Him. These experiences are just glimpses at the whole picture.

It makes me want to hold on God, as much as I hold on to those that I love.

Mark
http://www.mp3.com/madelyniris

Oh my god sula thats horrible.

I cant even imagine how I would feel about that. That's very sad.

(( hugs ))

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sorry...that's awful.

and sorry to hear about your loss, 80'sU2.

frown.gif

And Zonelistener, i sometimes do that too - when i read the obituaries, i really hope i don't know any of the dead ones.

Awwww poor sula
frown.gif
If youre on msn later tonight Ill be sure to come out of my hiding in appear offline mode and have a chat with ya mkay?

I think it was Meatloaf that said, "Life is a lemon and I want my money back." I know Meatloaf isn't the quintessential philosopher, but those words seem to be a fitting reaction to what happened to you.

You right, life is extremely fragile. We go through each and every day taking our survival for granted, so an event like this accident really puts things into perspective.

I'm truly sorry you lost a friend. You should realize, however, that by opening up your heart and sharing your pain and shock, you've gained a multitude of new friends.

Love ya. Dan

Sorry about what happend to your friends & co-workers Sula, life and death are sudden and tragic like that.

I've lost a good friend and a dear Aunt to separate tragic freak car accidents over the last 13-15 years.

Loss of life is a sad part of this life.

Hugs,

Camilo

Oh sula, that is indeed a tragedy.

I'm sure this is no consolation but (((hugs))). I know the way you are on the forum and I don't know you but I can certainly feel that what you must be going through is magnified by your caring nature.

To think that they are so close and yet so far out of reach right now, but you are in my thoughts.

I'm sorry Sula, that is a terrible experience. That happened to me when I was in high school with a group of kids I knew. I'm so sorry.
frown.gif

May they rest in peace
(((sulawesigirl)))
(((80s)))

I don?t know... I still haven?t found a way to forget the memories of one of my ex - girlfriends (I hadn?t seen her for 2 years or so, but...) who committed suicide.
Death is so horrible and ridiculous and bitter.

hugs there

Thanks to all of you friends for your support. I'm going to the funeral in a few moments here with some of my coworkers. If you think of it, you might pray for her family. She was only 29 and leaves behind a husband and two children, aged 1 and 3.
frown.gif

I write this again here in this thread.. I think my post was deleted.., That so deaths may not be in vain, If perhaps these people driving home from 'Happy Hour' were legally drunk.. Please Don't Drink and Drive, so we may never have to have such a thread created again, we can be sorry you are gone, however, It is a bitter taste with which you leave in our mouth.

Regards,
L.Unplugged

Oh sula, I'm so sorry to hear that! ((((((sula)))))) When was this? Was it snow or ice or fog or what...I wasn't home. I'm so glad you're ok, I don't know what I'd do without you around here.

------------------
I will not expose the ignorance of the faculty.

*peeps head in here before cumputer crashes again*

Sula, that is such terrible news. *hugs* I think what is so eerie in light of all this is that you were probably one of a few people to see that poor woman alive - such an eerie and shocking feeling indeed. Just keep those people in your thoughts and it'll help ease the shock of it all. I know the feelings you're going through and it's... well, you know.
frown.gif

And 80'sU2 - I've been reading your posts for a very long time now. I don't agree with you a lot of the time politically or even spiritually but I can honestly say that judging from the sincerity of your posts you are quick on your way to enlightenment in a lot of ways. You have overcome of adversity in your life and I can tell you have come out a better person for it. You've turned the darkness into light and that is an admirable acheivement in terms of the human spirit.

Originally posted by adam's_mistress:
*And 80'sU2 - I've been reading your posts for a very long time now. I don't agree with you a lot of the time politically or even spiritually but I can honestly say that judging from the sincerity of your posts you are quick on your way to enlightenment in a lot of ways. You have overcome of adversity in your life and I can tell you have come out a better person for it. You've turned the darkness into light and that is an admirable acheivement in terms of the human spirit.
Thanks a million for your kind words. I definitely want to walk in the light, that's for sure. I hate the darkness. It has claimed too many souls. However, if there is any light in me, it is not from me. It is the light of God, given to me as a free gift. I have done nothing to earn it. It is only God's grace and mercy and forgiveness that gets me through day by day.

Back
Top Bottom