Torture Bush approves waterboarding - America the beautiful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If this doesn't rock the core of our humanity well I don't know what the hell would.

huffingtonpost.com

"As an expert witness in the defense of an Abu Ghraib guard who was court-martialed, psychologist Philip Zimbardo had access to many of the images of abuse that were taken by the guards themselves. For a presentation at the TED conference in Monterey, California, Zimbardo assembled some of these pictures into a short video. Wired.com obtained the video from Zimbardo's talk, and is publishing some of the stills from that video here. Many of the images are explicit and gruesome, depicting nudity, degradation, simulated sex acts and guards posing with decaying corpses. Viewer discretion is advised."

Disturbing New Photos From Abu Ghraib

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/multimedia/2008/02/gallery_abu_ghraib?slide=1&slideView=4

That is beyond revolting.

How could anyone be okay with having that done in the name of their national security? What's even worse are the revolting comments under the photos.

Those fucking pieces of shit shouldn't even be able to live with civilized humanity. I am disgusted that the military would allow that. Those officers in question should be punished severely

Yes I started reading the comments and I felt much too ill to continue. The photos were revolting enough, I forced myself to look at them even though I didn't want to. I will never understand how any human being could be comfortable with that, or make those types of comments.

There is no correlation AT ALL between Abu Ghraib and the intelligence efforts of the CIA in 2002/03 which had Attorney General, CIA Director and Bush administration approval and in which top lawmakers from both parties were briefed.

We should actually take pride in the fact that 11 enlisted soldiers and 1 officer have been convicted of crimes in connection to the Abu Ghraib scandal. Unfortunately, no punishment can undo the harm these clowns have done to our county's image and our efforts in Iraq.

But why show the world more pictures? Why magnify their deeds? To humiliate our military? To take attention away from the gains in Iraq of the past year? Or to feed the anti-America propaganda machine?

To show what can happen once you make torture legal. Once you make it legal one will be quicker to use, and we'll get more of this shit.

We were discussing this in one of my classes the other day. One student is in ROTC but she's already been to Iraq. She called it torture but she also said it was necessary :huh::shrug:

INDY500 said:

But why show the world more pictures? Why magnify their deeds? To humiliate our military? To take attention away from the gains in Iraq of the past year? Or to feed the anti-America propaganda machine?

Why not show them? They exist, and not showing them and keeping them private only serves to protect the guilty. Our fine members of the military would denounce all of this and feel humiliated by the actions of their fellow soldiers, but they are not guilty of these acts and rational humans would never believe that all of the military behaves in such a horrific way.

These photos document the horror that took place there, just like many other photos in history. Those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it-and photos force us to confront and remember. We all need to remember these photos. There is no feeding of any "anti American propaganda machine".

INDY500 said:
There is no correlation AT ALL between Abu Ghraib and the intelligence efforts of the CIA in 2002/03 which had Attorney General, CIA Director and Bush administration approval and in which top lawmakers from both parties were briefed.

We should actually take pride in the fact that 11 enlisted soldiers and 1 officer have been convicted of crimes in connection to the Abu Ghraib scandal. Unfortunately, no punishment can undo the harm these clowns have done to our county's image and our efforts in Iraq.

Seymour Hersch warned about this three years ago - he had seen the godamn photos. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersch

THE ONLY REASON IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG TO BE MADE PUBLIC IS THAT YOUR GOVERNMENT KEPT TRYING TO SUPPRESS IT BY GOING TO COURT.

IF THE RELEASE OF THESE PHOTOS FEEDS THE ANTI-AMERICAN PROPAGANDA MACHINE, THEN ALLOCATE THE BLAME WHERE IT LIES.

What do you expect from the grandson of a man (Prescott Bush) that made tons of money with Hitler and the Nazis during World War II. Prescott Bush was the banker for the Nazis. There was a BBC radio broadcast program that showed proof that Prescott Bush supported Fascism and he was involved in a plot of a coup to over throw Roosevelt and install a fascist government in the United States. The Bush family are really creepy. Google some of the stuff that Bush's father did when he was director of the C.I.A. during the Nixon era.
At least one good thing that Bush did was to make more Americans want to go vote. Today I read that 74% young people are registered to vote and four million young people are active in political campaigns. Congress, the Judges, the President and the Vice President are only civil servants that Americans employ.

INDY500 said:

God forbid people know that the United States doesn't have a perfect government or military.

Back
Top Bottom