Tolerance in the Magic Kingdom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macfistowannabe said:

People can live their way of life outside closed doors. You should be able to be the same person at home as you are anywhere else.

Yes only if you are good and decent in your home.

But if someone wants to be indecent at home...spit everywhere inside home...make a lot of noise inside home not disturbing neighbours..run naked at home....fine with me :up:..

But that cannot be allowed in public..

Wait a minute...freedom to remain naked in public is not a bad idea afterall :sexywink: ....

Macfistowannabe said:

People can live their way of life outside closed doors. You should be able to be the same person at home as you are anywhere else.

You might want to be careful with statements like this, they contradict many Republican stances.

AcrobatMan said:

There is no such thing as evangelizing atheist. I have never met or heard about any evangelizing atheist.

dictionary.com

e·van·gel·ize ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-vnj-lz)
v. e·van·gel·ized, e·van·gel·iz·ing, e·van·gel·iz·es
v. tr.
To preach the gospel to.
To convert to Christianity.

But If some crazy atheist guy wants other guys to believe that God doesnt exist and offer help to those who believe in what he says...or offer help and then try to FORCE this own ideology..that should be treated in the same way as I have told for people who FORCE religious ideology.

But I dont think it exists...Even dictionary.com doesnt think it exist..

Believe me "evangelizing atheist" doesnt exist.

:wink:
Oh yes they do. There's always the types who go around saying "people who believe in God are stupid" quite publicly.

AcrobatMan said:

I believe you havent travelled enough. This is not an SIMPLE example. this is a real time situation.

There is no end to appeasing in the name of religious freedom.

I am a big fan of religious freedom BUT I am not a fan of appeasement in the name of religious freedom...
It occurs to me that you only want to meet the first amendment half way, by saying "THIS GROUP can say whatever they want, but THAT GROUP needs to shut the hell up."

BooboVoxSupastar said:
You might want to be careful with statements like this, they contradict many Republican stances.
I'm glad you're participating so much in the given topics these days. :|

Last edited:
Macfistowannabe said:
I'm glad you're participating so much in the given topics these days. :|

Well it's true, you should be very careful. I could have easily turned that statement around to make you look like a hypocrite 10 times over but chose not to. The topic is tolerance and this is very relevant.

And I don't appreciate the name change in my quote. If you just push 'quote' it will quote me and spell my name correctly. So you had to go back and change it. I'll ask you for about the 100th time to stop with the personal attacks.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well it's true, you should be very careful. I could have easily turned that statement around to make you look like a hypocrite 10 times over but chose not to. The topic is tolerance and this is very relevant.

And I don't appreciate the name change in my quote. If you just push 'quote' it will quote me and spell my name correctly. So you had to go back and change it. I'll ask you for about the 100th time to stop with the personal attacks.
You've added nothing constructive to the thread, and haven't said a damn thing on topic, and all you're doing is pissing me off on your own intentions. This thread has nothing to do with American politics at all, and you were the only one to politicize it at me. You can either get on topic, or you can shit yourself.

Macfistowannabe said:
You've added nothing constructive to the thread, and haven't said a damn thing on topic, and all you're doing is pissing me off on your own intentions. This thread has nothing to do with American politics at all, and you were the only one to politicize it at me. You can either get on topic, or you can shit yourself.

The reason I corrected your statement about reverse racism was not to be smart and not to be an ass, but to correct a real problem that exists among people thinking racism or bigotry goes only one way. I would have corrected anyone. I have a real problem with that type of thinking and when I hear people say that, I always correct them, it has nothing to do with an English lesson but more about that type of thinking.

And as far as your last statement, I stand by that. You can't say that in one thread and then say "I don't care what you do behind closed doors I just don't want to see it in public or shoved in my face" in another thread.

Sorry if you didn't see the relevance or if you thought they were personal attacks, they weren't.

So name more than one issue in which your comment was intended. After all, you've said "they contradict many Republican stances."

Macfistowannabe said:
So name more than one issue in which your comment was intended. After all, you've said "they contradict many Republican stances."

Gay marriage bans and sodomy laws, now can we get off this tangent? All I ask is no more personal attacks because I'm not going to get pulled down to that level.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Gay marriage bans and sodomy laws, now can we get off this tangent? All I ask is no more personal attacks because I'm not going to get pulled down to that level.
Okay - I'll do my part in knocking off the personal attacks. If I went over the top at the heat of a moment, I apologize.

You've only brought up one main issue, and I don't agree with anti-sodomy laws just to clarify. My comment was:

"People can live their way of life outside closed doors. You should be able to be the same person at home as you are anywhere else."

Your explanation doesn't really add up completely, but to a small degree. If some want a relationship with the same sex, in many places, it's perfectly legal. It's perfectly legal to come "out of the closet." It's legal to flaunt your sexuality at gay pride events, and Rudy Giuliani would be happy to cheer you on for it.

Your examples only add on to my theory that no thread can go without mentioning homosexuality, the biggest secular obsession on FYM.

Macfistowannabe said:

Your examples only add on to my theory that no thread can go without mentioning homosexuality, the biggest secular obsession on FYM.

Far from a "secular" obsession. But it's about tolerance, which is what this thread is about. I think another reason why it's a big topic is because we as a society are measured by how we treat the least of our members, and when you are going out of your way to create 2nd class citizens then it doesn't really measure well.

By banning a certain group to do what everyone else is doing you are telling everyone that you don't agree with them. That's not exactly living your life like you would behind closed doors. Yes technically homosexual relationships aren't illegal...yet, but far far far from being equal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom