To Diamond The U2 Patriot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem

Babyface
This was the message I wrote to you in the now censored thread. :

Cheers

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Fizzing-
For the record-
I always examine all sides of an issue BEFORE I make a decision.
Living in America,- a free society, affords me this me this privlige.
Db9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here, we have american channels on television, even though we don't live in the USA. In a way, I approve having American channels here (CNN-ABC and a couple of others). I read, over the internet, american newspapers as well as newspapers from all over the world (in languages I can understand of course).

But when you say that you look both parts of a problem or a question, it raises questions I'd like you to answer. Again, because I remarked this forum likes to think its always offensed or bashed, I'm not bashing you, I'm asking a question.

The question is : where can you look both sides ? You are an american and despite my opinions on a lot of the american politics, etc, I agree that the United States offers more freedom than, lets say, Botswana. But all the american channels we have here (CNN-ABC-Mountain Lake [??]), all have the same opinion (or relatively the same). Last week, I decided to see what they were saying on CNN and there was a debate on the Taliban and Afghan prisonners in the american base of Guantanamo in Cuba. "Ah, lets see what the americans thinks of it". I thought "Woaw, they have two positions on it". Once man said "We must respect the Geneva Convention" and started to talk on the reasons why. The presenter of the programm, I don't recall the name, without any objectivity, started to "under-bash" the man for the Geneva Convention. It was clearly not objective questions, but direct attacks.

With all this apparent conscencus, that I also read in the newspaper editorials, where do you get both sides or other opinions than the great majority that you have in your country, currently ?

See you

------------------
Le peuple uni, jamais ne sera vaincu
The people united, will never be defeated
El pueblo unido, nunca se derrote

------------------
Le peuple uni, jamais ne sera vaincu
The people united, will never be defeated
El pueblo unido, nunca se derrote

Uh-OH.. If Memory serves me correctly, you are just about to be shit upon by all of the Moderators.. I've been yelled at the past for resurrecting censored posts.. If they hold to their integrity, you've got it coming as well.

L.Unplugged

The topic was exhausted and the thread became nothing more than personal attacks. This was NOT censorship. I believe you know damn well the policy on opening new threads based on closed ones. This is a warning.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom