Time for the Political Compass Again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
The Political Compass - Test

I'll be honest. I hate the way the questions are worded, as I think that they are manipulative and lacking in nuance, and they are probably only worthy of a push poll, rather than a serious survey.

Nonetheless, I think it is a bit interesting to see how/if people's results have changed over the years.

pcgraphpng.php

I'm a center-left libertarian, according to this, which is about right. My libertarian results have increased since I last took this, I think.

What's yours, and do you think you've changed ideologically at all?

I hate the way the questions are worded, as I think that they are manipulative and lacking in nuance,

I would agree with that. I landed fairly close to Mr. Melon ... but a little bit down and a tiny smidge left.

I've never done any kind of test like this - interesting.

Pretty much what I expected:

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

This is pretty much what I always get. I generally hang out in the bottom far left corner. :)

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.87

pcgraphpng.php

Economic Left/Right: -0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92

I'm a little closer to being right in the middle of the chart. I wonder if anyone has ever received a score of 0.00 in either area?

polcompassuw3.jpg

Agree with melon on the wording of those questions, though...there were many where I really loathed having to respond in simplistic 'Agree/Disagree' terms.

Last edited:
^ It was kinda fun to look back through those threads. I posted in the most recent three threads you noted and here are my scores:

Current:
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.87

Sept. 2004
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

March 2005
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.41

August 2005
Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.62

I have more variation in the economic side than in the social side and I think that is because I tend to react more strongly to social issues than to economic issues. I'm more apt to always click on the agree or disagree strongly answer on those issues than on the economic issues. Looks as if I was a little more apathetic on the economic issues this time around. :)

I think that over time, I've gradually drifted more and more to the bottom left corner. In any case, this result is no surprise whatsoever.

Economic Left/Right: -9.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.79

pcgraphpng.php

It seems like a flawed survey, given that FYM is apparently crawling with left libertarians.

It is true. I question whether I'd have ended up as a center-right libertarian, had the questions not been so extreme. A lot of my friends think of me as "conservative" in my worldview...heh.

Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.56
pcgraphpng.php

I've taken the test just recently, but the result is saved on my desktop. So I retook it and will compare it with the other result later.

I consider myself being pretty much moderately left.

Current
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Nov 05

Economic Left/Right: 2.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

A slight shift to the right, on both scales.

Agree with melon on the wording of those questions, though...there were many where I really loathed having to respond in simplistic 'Agree/Disagree' terms.

I also have a hard time understanding what a person's views on abstract art have to do with political outlook.

I can see how one could translate that into the Libertarian/Authoritarian category.

(As much as I am not too keen of these labels)

Back
Top Bottom