This "Love" thing is confusing me.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tend to agree. Love and lust get confusing for me, as well as trying to make yourself love someone or trying to make them love you.

But who really knows what love is anyway.

deg.gif
dead.gif

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

Well when you have a friend who has become more then a friend, but neither of you is in love...etc...

That sort of stuff,

confusing

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Well when you have a friend who has become more then a friend, but neither of you is in love...etc...

That sort of stuff,

confusing

I know exactly where you are coming from, Dr. - and yes, it's extremely confusing. Especially when that friend has been your best friend for 10 years. It makes for pretty interesting thoughts of the future in one's head.

I'm confused too. I'm always falling in love with my best friends' girlfriends. Why I do I want the wrong person everytime?!?

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I tend to agree. Love and lust get confusing for me, as well as trying to make yourself love someone or trying to make them love you.

But who really knows what love is anyway.

deg.gif
dead.gif

And I know where you're coming from, too SG
smile.gif
. Although I believe that I do know what love is, it's just that I've yet to experience it's true romantic form.

The love I do know is that no matter what my friend does, where she goes or who she's with, whether she's sick or healthy, whether she's feeling down or on top of the world, I will always be there for her, supporting her in every way I can and doing my best to make sure she's happy. And I know she'd do the same for me.

That, to me, is love. Not romantic love maybe, but unconditional I-will-be-there-no-matter-what love.

Originally posted by DrTeeth:

That sort of stuff,

confusing

Holy shite. I'm going through that exact scenario.

Oogle_anim.gif

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

Thanks to great books like "The Road Less Travelled", I now know what Love is.

Love is not the "puppy-dog, love at first sight, walking on the moon, damn I want me some of that, ohhhhhh she is so HOT" high that crosses my mind when I see an attractive woman.

That's lust. That's attraction. That's infatuation.

... dammit... Unfortunately that is not love.

Love is sacrifice.

It's hard to learn. At least for me.

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

I never experienced love until my fiance (I've never had any previous boyfriends or anything like that). For those of you who don't know, we met online over 4 years ago. We finally met in person earlier this year.

Though it can be risky meeting people from on the Internet at times, what was nice about this was that we were attracted to each other for all of the right reasons. We didn't spend 4 years talkin' to each other on the Net and the phone because we were physically attracted to each other...we talked because we truly cared about each other. We also learned so much about each other.

However, for the record, after meeting in person...I am also very physically attracted to him.
biggrin.gif
But I do know that it's the real thing. Even knowing that it may be over a year before I see him again...that's fine...because I love him, and I know that when we are finally able to be together again that it will be worth the wait.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Gosh Diemen, you said it well..

I just happened to have married my best friend..So Paul now has become along with my kids, the focus of my life..

When you want to make the other person happy and put them ahead of yourself, well then that to me is true love..

I am quite lucky though, I still feel lust when I look at my husband, and attach that with the pure love that comes with it, then you got something spectacular.

Paul, when you read this, remember that Tuesday is garbage night next week..
wink.gif

------------------
****Formerly known as Miss Bonovista..Now known as Mrs.Emeraldscorpio.****

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Love is blindness.

(And not just because of the U2 song, I've been there and seen it happen.)

Sorry to disagree with you, but True and healthy Love IS NOT "blindness".

It is honest and very very open. It is knowing someone intimately and not being blind to what that person is and what that person does... and still choosing to love that person regardless.

If I am correct, "Love Is Blindness" is about the terrorism and bombings in N. Ireland. How these people can be "blind" to the evil they do, because of the "love" they have for their... whatever. Their "religion". Their politics.
It's insanity.

Just my two cents... yet again!

Peace
smile.gif

------------------
My love for you
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Originally posted by Trash Can:
[Love] is honest and very very open. It is knowing someone intimately and not being blind to what that person is and what that person does... and still choosing to love that person regardless.

Well said, TC, well said.

Ok, I'm just being totally misunderstood in this forum. Can anyone take a play on words??

I do know what love is, cause I've been in it before. I was with someone who understood me, who was open and honest and took me as I was but who didn't have blinders on.

You may disagree with that too, but I'm not sorry. It's how I felt and how he felt, and we made it work just fine.

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

April's right!
wink.gif

------------------
"If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!"

April,
I never said that you were "wrong". I said I disagreed with your opinion. Your opinions and beliefs are yours and you have every right to express them and NOT apoligize for them IF you don't feel that you have erred in your assessment.
My opinions are mine too. I simply make my point because these threads and forums are about discussion, expression and opinion.
I also explained my point of view to back up my claim.
I don't claim to know everything (and I DON'T!!) and I'm just out here tryin' to figure life out, as I'm sure you are also.

... that's all it is.

"Opinion".
"Discussion".
No big whoop.

smile.gif

I apoligize if I upset you.
I'm also glad that you HAVE experienced real love in your life... You've been blessed.
I hope one day to find what you already have had.
Perhaps... well, MOST LIKELY, you too will choose to love again.

... it happens, ya know!

Peace!

------------------
My love for you
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Originally posted by bonovista:
Paul, when you read this, remember that Tuesday is garbage night next week..
wink.gif

Woah, that sounds pretty kinky! Never tried that one
tongue.gif

As for me, I think that the most confusing thing ever is happening to me.
I cannot choose. I like them both and it's soo hard. There are things I like in one of them and different things in the other one. If I could just mould them into one... But that's selfish! Grrrrrr!!!!!!!
mad.gif

------------------
"A giraffe. Why? 'Cos then you'd meet other giraffes." - Adam
"I believe in love, love and money! I believe in poetry, electricity, cheap cosmetics. I believe in the sky over my head, and the silver shoes beneath my feet. I have a vision! I have a vision! Television!" - The Mirrorball Man
"My real name is Johnny Carson, but I just didn't think that would get me on the show." - Edge in 1981
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." - Larry

its very 'Im-here-and-may-be-quite-tired-but-if-I-stick-a-feg-in-me-gob-I-can-look-quite-sexy-while-signing' - Madie on one of the pics of Sparky

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

------------------
My love for you
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Back
Top Bottom