This Al "Goregasm"brought to you by Move-On

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Well Al finally said it.......

[Q]In December of 2000, even though I strongly disagreed with the decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to order a halt to the counting of legally cast ballots, I saw it as my duty to reaffirm my own strong belief that we are a nation of laws and not only accept the decision, but do what I could to prevent efforts to delegitimize George Bush as he took the oath of office as president.

I did not at that moment imagine that Bush would, in the presidency that ensued, demonstrate utter contempt for the rule of law and work at every turn to frustrate accountability... [/Q]

Ouch...it was a somewhat interesting speech until this moment.:mad:

http://www.moveonpac.org/goreremarks052604.html/

You can use the link to grab parts that are more worthy of discussion. I just felt like being partisan....:tongue:

Al-Gore-Sleepers-Cartoon.gif

I have friends in America who have repeatedly expressed they view Bush as a national disgrace. Al Gore has said nothing new here.

Plus, he invented the internet. :wink:

This is about the hundred thousandth time I've read this opinion of Bush, from as many different writers. This is not new. In fact it's starting to sound like the proverbial old broken record. I am not a huge fan of Al Gore's--he's pissed me off quite a few times-- but I think this is one of the better things he's said recently. Yes, it's pretty damn harsh. This is what happens when too many big shots decide to nuke something like the Geneva Conventions and it's on full display in front of the world and there's no concrete responsibility, only blame-shifting, head games and general evasiveness. This is not to claim that the Democrats have a knight in shining armor. They do not. But it's not this. I'm sorry, I'm really upset about the torture scandal. I feel like I have committed a massive sin. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Then why do the addresses start with Dubya Dubya Dubya?

:wink: :tongue:

Thank you for making me laugh. I needed it!:wink:

LOL.

Too bad we can't just revise history and make the outcome different. We certainly wouldn't be in the ******up position we are today.

The editor at large of Time magazine spoke to a class of 12th graders and also said we would be living in a much different world. IMO much better.

edited to add:

What I really can't understand is after all his lies, wrong moves, and fiscal disasters people still support him. I guess partisanship is more important than democracy.

Last edited:
QUOTE]Originally posted by Scarletwine
I guess partisanship is more important than democracy. [/QUOTE]

This is very disappointing to me.

I am surrounded by nothing but GOP.

Many, to their credit, are not happy with the massive failings of this administration.

Sadly, it seems more are partisan and will not discuss anything they consider negative.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Then why do the addresses start with Dubya Dubya Dubya?

:wink: :tongue:

Because Dubya thought he was being charming when he said that? :eyebrow:

Scarletwine said:
I guess partisanship is more important than democracy.

I don't know which is more offensive - getting lectured by Al Gore on obeying the law, or getting lectured that failing to believe Gore is nothing more that partisanship...

As a provider of social services I always kind of hold my breath when a member of the Republican party gets into office. They tend to cut social spending right away...which means my clients get their services cut and my pay stays VERY low ( but that's something I deal with cuz it's not about the money). When Bush was elected it knew right away I'd be in trouble...he didn't let me down...that's the ONLY way he hasn't let me down.

But, in all fairness I will point out a Democrat that has really angered me. The Gov. of Maine, John Baldacci is in favor of cutting section 8 vouchers. The vouchers are used to pay rent for people in need of housing. Some may say this is great because there's a myth that everybody on such programs are just lazy. Well, the people I work with are all mentally disabled and many can't even perform simple daily living tasks without a facilitator like me. So, when section 8 gets cut I fear what will happen to them. The thought of them being homeless makes me feel beyond sad.

Oh and I forgot to add, Baldacci already has cut the MaineCare program with provides medical coverage for those in need. I have diabetic clients that can no longer get blood sugar testing devices or see podiatrists for the problems that are associated with the disease.

Ain't goverment great?

Last edited:
LoveTown, I hear you. It pisses me off when people want to cut certain services out of ignorance of the needs of the disabled. I took occupational exams with people with cerebral palsy. These people are not lazy; they simply need help. There are clearly things that the most motivated, enterprising person with cerebral palsy or disease like it can't do. I wish this were better understood by both politicians and the electorate.

Back
Top Bottom