Theresa Heinz Kerry Apprecition Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
capt.txmca10210102257.heinz_kerry_txmca102.jpg

You know this poor woman has been taking it on the chin for too long.
Please enumerate 3 things you really like about this lady.
I will go first.
1. Her philantrophy:up:
2. Her charity to JF Kerry so he can run run like it's nobody's business and make this race interesting.:up:
3. She's a proud African American and has publicly stated so.:huh:

Ok your turn folks.

Db9:)

Last edited:
I hope to be as sexy as Theresa Heinz Kerry when I'm her age! And I want hair like that!!!!

Seriously, the woman is brilliant (speaks 5 languages) and has a mind of her own.

I know she will make a wonderful First Lady!

I don't like dippy women, so I think Teresa is great! She is certainly not a dippy woman.

She also has a vast medical background.:up:
Speaking recently to a group of senior citizens she offered medical advice-

Heinz Kerry ended with what she called “a highly effective” remedy for arthritis that drew laughter and some skepticism from the audience.

“You get some gin and get some white raisins — and only white raisins — and soak them in the gin for two weeks,” she said. “Then eat nine of the raisins a day.”

Despite the laughter, Dr. Steven Phillips, director of Geriatric Medicine at the University of Nevada quickly supported the prescription

YOU GO GIRL!:dance:
:wink:
55303_250.jpg

I would highly recommend you all read the profile the New Yorker did on her. She's an amazing woman who protested against apartheid when she was in school in South Africa and she plans to continue her work at the Heinz Foundation if she's First Lady, which would be a first. Even Hillary Clinton quit her job to be First Lady. Amazing amazing woman.

New Yorker story

diamond said:
she has mad game when a repoter pisses her off:up:

The reporter was from a very conservative newspaper near my hometown. The owner of the paper has given millions of $ to the Republican Party and is also a Clinton hater.

Theresa Heinz is a very caring, compassionate, and giving person. She has several foundations that she gives her money to as well helping the inner city of Pittsburgh, PA.

I'm one of those rare people that hate ketchup too, fellow U2 democrat. My husband doesn't understand it, he says it's like a sickness but ketchup just smells and tastes rotten to me. :shrug:

But Heinz makes good jellies and jams sauce. I'm all for that! Plus, I dig on the Heinz 57 sauce once in a while.

Theresa is a great woman as others have stated here. She has a sort of soft spoken dignity about her that I find appealing.

wow i'm not alone in the ketchup hate! but i don't mind buying it b/c i like knowing that i'm helping make someone as awesome as teresa rich. kinda like when i buy U2 stuff, i know they're rich but i want them to be successful and they do good stuff with their money.

Everyone knows Alexandra Kerry is the family's biggest asset.

You know what I'm talking about.

link

I know some people think that she shoots her mouth off, (i.e. the reporter incident) but I like that she's not afraid of people in the media and other individuals who might try to portray her a certain way.

U2democrat said:
wow i'm not alone in the ketchup hate!

I also find ketchup revolting.

Once I saw them making up a huge vat of it out of pink powder and water and that was more than enough for me.

And don't even get me started on salad dressing. Bacterial sludge.

omg!!! salad dressing is NASTY!!!! i'm not alone in that either???? how cool!!! my cat loves ranch dressing though :huh:

wow we went from a THK thread to discussing salad dressing

Make your own salad dressing. Olive oil + balsamic vinegar + oregano works.

pianorocker said:
I know some people think that she shoots her mouth off, (i.e. the reporter incident) but I like that she's not afraid of people in the media and other individuals who might try to portray her a certain way.

It's not the fact that she opens her mouth that I find annoying/amusing, it's the words that come out of her mouth.

ph2b.jpg

My only hope is one day Laura Bush finds herself the way Thersa has:up:
*editedto request:
moderator please shrink the image size plez.:)

thx
db9

Last edited:
Laura Bush is a nice lady. VERY different from Hillary. But I ADMIRE Teresa. (by the way, not to be picky or anything, but Teresa spells her name without an H. Please don't jump on me for pointing that out I just wanted to clarify.) I remember at a rally I went to this summer in Raleigh (It was Edwards' homecoming rally after being chosen as VP) and Teresa was speaking. We in the back could barely hear her so John Edwards motioned for the sound people to crank it up. What she had to say was wonderful. Here's essentially what she said:
When a woman speaks her mind she is called "opinionated", but when a man speaks his mind he is considered intelligent. We need to rid ourselves of the double standard when it comes to outspokenness between men and women.

Amen, sister!

Back
Top Bottom