There will NEVER be Democracy in Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean that those criticisms sound very much like the average religious fundamnetalist, in particular the slight against decadence and sexual perversity; the hedonist in me fails to see how they are bad.

melon said:
I guess I no longer know what to say to this. It is probably why I cannot gather myself to support the Islamic world, despite the cries of the liberal anti-war crowd.

I'm surprised that the Western world really tolerates this crap.

Melon

The 'liberal anti-war crowd'? Come on melon, you're better than this.

Leaving the muslims aside for one moment:

1. Are you not liberal?
2. Are you in favour of the war?

Then, what? I don't feel compelled to 'support the Islamic world', merely not to start pointless and counterproductive wars. After all, it is their country.

dazzlingamy said:

:up:

Also what is so "shocking" about an honour killing. I mean its not like the usa has a clean record when it comes to people murdering other people for pathetic reasons, im sure they've been plenty of 'honour' killings in the states they just obviously arn't called that.

The difference is that a sizeable portion of the population in Iraq and other Muslim countires support these honor killings.

Yes, the US has too many murders. 300 million people live here and there are a lot of problems. That being said, sorry to disappoint you, but you would be hard pressed to find many people here who support a husband murdering his adulterous wife.

I know I started a better thread about Sadr possibbly before this thread.

Now what about democracy in the region, the Cedar Revolution is under threat right now by Hezbollah and Syria and there hardly seems a whimper about it; though perhaps it's no coincidence that the revolution was mainly Christians and Druze.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom