THEOCRACY WATCH!!! Texas Gov signs anti-gay, anti-choice legislation in church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the woman the only one who should decide abortion ? What if i want to keep the baby and my wife/girlfriend wants to abort it ?

If a woman was stupid enough to get pregnant even though she wasn't planning on to, thats too bad, she shouldn't be able to decide whether another human being gets to live or die.

Now in cases of rape, or when a woman has no control over her having sex, and she gets pregnant, then she should take the pill the next day. If not, then she should have the abortion within enough time that fetus does not feel the horrible pain. I'm not certain of how much time this is, but it's in less then 2 weeks.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
So we should kill people who have been proven to kill other people to show other people that killing is wrong?

:confused:

Ack, this stuff is so confusing....*runs and hides*

Nope, that's not what I said.

I said that I would be pro death penalty if i knew innocent people would not be executed, and because:

1)Justice: It punishes the person who did the crime

2)Prevention: Ensures that the person will never murder again. This would be my main reason for supporting it.

Infinitum98 said:
If a woman was stupid enough to get pregnant even though she wasn't planning on to, thats too bad, she shouldn't be able to decide whether another human being gets to live or die.

Ah look, another one who is sitting in the chair of god.

Who should decide then ? the government ? ( who have the power to put their christian morality into law, and push it through the troath of non-christians. )

If people are so against ending a unborn life, provide a enviorment where the woman can keep a child and have a chance to live without poverty and missery.

Maybe some of you want to punish the woman for being a bad girl by forcing to keep the baby :hmm:

Rono said:

Maybe some of you want to punish the woman for being a bad girl by forcing to keep the baby :hmm:

It does seem that way by what a lot of people are saying.

"YOU IRRESPONSIBLE BITCH......YOUR PUNISHMENT IS YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BABY....YEEHAW...(shoots guns in the air like that guy in the Simpsons)"

martha said:
But you said you were "pro-life" except in certain circumstances. That makes you the one making decisions.

:scratch:

No, I am only one person expressing a view. Laws are put in place by democratic governments, which presumably (or hopefully) reflect to a large extent the will of the majority.

Also there are many women who are "anti-choice" so let's not try and turn it into a "oh, those nasty men who want to oppress women" kind of argument.

Ok, this thread is turning into a debate about abortion. I'm just going to quietly shuffle out now. :silent:

Last edited:
unosdostres14 said:

It does seem that way by what a lot of people are saying.

"YOU IRRESPONSIBLE BITCH......YOUR PUNISHMENT IS YOU HAVE TO HAVE A BABY....YEEHAW...(shoots guns in the air like that guy in the Simpsons)"

No, i'm not saying the woman has to have the baby as a punishment. Hey if she can't raise it then give it for adoption. But don't kill it, it wasn't the baby's fault it was conceived.

I mean there are no winners in these cases. But what is worse, killing the baby or giving it up for adoption?

Last edited:
Infinitum98 said:

:|

thank you for sharing your mysogyny.

dandy said:

:|

thank you for sharing your mysogyny.

I did not say that I hate women. But hey the woman, not the man, gets to decide whether to abort the baby or not. So therefore i'm targeting the women. You can't have your cake and eat it. So anyway I am trying to say that it is not fair for the woman to decide whether the baby lives or dies just because she was irresponsible.

Last edited:
Infinitum98 said:

Now in cases of rape, or when a woman has no control over her having sex, and she gets pregnant, then she should take the pill the next day. If not, then she should have the abortion within enough time that fetus does not feel the horrible pain. I'm not certain of how much time this is, but it's in less then 2 weeks.

Ok. I'll try to tackle this one "point" by "point." :|

1. Stupidity does not cause pregnancy. Sex does. Birth control fails. That has nothing to do with stupidity. The thought that only stupid women have unintended pregnancies says so much about this poster.

2. She shouldn't be able to decide if another human being gets to live or die, but this poster somehow does? Pregnancy can be dangerous for women. This poster has decided that he's the one who decides if the pregnant, "stupid" woman must endanger her health.

3. This poster is generous enough to allow abortion in cases of rape, but only for the first two weeks. How many cases of rape do you know about that are solved in two weeks? How do you make the woman prove rape if the rapist isn't caught, tried, and convicted in those two weeks? What happens if the rapist is found innocent? The woman gas the child because she's stupid?

4. So you support the availablity of the pill, but only when you've decided that the woman should be allowed to have it?

Nice. :|

Last edited:
martha said:

Ok. I'll try to tackle this one "point" by "point." :|

1. Stupidity does not cause pregnancy. Sex does. Birth control fails. That has nothing to do with stupidity. The thought that only stupid women have unintended pregnancies says so much about this poster.

2. She shouldn't be able to decide if another human being gets to live or die, but this poster somehow does? Pregnancy can be dangerous for women. This poster has decided that he's the one who decides if the pregnant, "stupid" woman must endanger her health.

3. This poster is generous enough to allow abortion in cases of rape, but only for the first two weeks. How many cases of rape do you know about that are solved in two weeks? How do you make the woman prove rape if the rapist isn't caught, tried, and convicted in those two weeks? What happens if the rapist is found innocent? The woman gas the child because she's stupid?

4. So you support the availablity of the pill, but only when you've decided that the woman should be allowed to have it?

Nice. :|

Okay, how about this, abortions should only be allowed up to 1 week after conception, or however long it is for the baby to start feeling pain, maybe its 2 weeks, I don't know the exact amount of time.

Infinitum98 said:

Okay, how about this, abortions should only be allowed up to 1 week after conception, or however long it is for the baby to start feeling pain, maybe its 2 weeks, I don't know the exact amount of time.

You lack a clear understanding of the biology of women and conception. Most women don't even know if they're pregnant or not one week after conception.

There are ways to find out, I know you have to stick that thing in and if it is blue then you are pregnant.

martha said:

You need to do a little more reading on the subject before you appoint yourself the keeper of my body.

Did I appoint myself keeper of your body? Nope:coocoo:

Infinitum98 said:

This is you deciding what happens to my body.

Or are you starting to backpedal now?

But you are essentialy supporting the introduction of a law that makes someone else the keeper of her body, which in effect makes you the keeper of her body (as you would be making the decision to take that choice away from her and give it to someone else).

actually, there should be no choice in letting a baby live or die. if it is a newborn baby, does the mother or anyone have a choice as to whether kill it or keep it alive? no, it has to be kept alive, there is no choice, and it should be the same for all babys, born or unborn.

Infinitum98 said:
no, it has to be kept alive, there is no choice, and it should be the same for all babys, born or unborn.

So, you do decide what happens to my body. That's when you've appointed yourself the keeper of my body.

I'll spell it out for you so you can understand what you're saying: All babies, born and unborn, must be kept alive. If the baby is inside my body, I have no choice; I must keep that baby alive no matter what.

That makes you the one who decides what happens to my body.

martha said:

So, you do decide what happens to my body. That's when you've appointed yourself the keeper of my body.

I'll spell it out for you so you can understand what you're saying: All babies, born and unborn, must be kept alive. If the baby is inside my body, I have no choice; I must keep that baby alive no matter what.

That makes you the one who decides what happens to my body.

NO! Keeping a baby alive whether it is in your body or not has nothing to do with your body. It is not MY CHOICE to keep born baby's alive. We must keep it alive. Why? Because that is the ethical thing to do, to keep an innocent human being alive. Now people don't see this, but a baby in a mother's body is still a baby. And since it is still a baby, it has to be kept alive. And if you think that this my choice, then why don't you argue about why baby's have to be kept alive if they are outside of the body. Why don't you say that mothers should also have a choice whether or not to kill babys that are born???

"A woman's right to do whatever she wants with her own body"

Women have never had a complete right to do anything they want with their own body. There are laws against dangerous drugs, and there are laws against prostitution.

Martha, if you were joined at the hip with a Siamese twin, would you ahve the right to kill your twin? If you say no, I ask "Why not? It's your body."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom