The World Trade Center Evacuation - photographs from the inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A note.....these pictures are from the interior of the South Tower. North Tower had Windows On The World resturant and the South Tower had the observation deck on the roof.

So, if you ever visited the WTC as a tourist, this is probably the one you were in.

frown.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Let's remember all the people tomorrow who will be terribly sad missing their loved ones they lost that day.
frown.gif

These pictures are tough to look at-but we have to face the horrible reality and never forget.

I remember well an interview of a woman outside after the towers fell...she was crying...not for herself ...she said "I can't stop thinking about the fireman who helped us out...he went back in there.."

frown.gif

dream wanderer

wow. amazing photos. I worked across the street from the Trade Center and was quite familiar with alot of the things in those photos. A few of those photos are of the lobby of Tower One that I walked through the day before the attack. The photo of the white walkway on the first page is the walkway I was on at 8am on Sept. 11. The photo of the plaza-- with the gold sphere-- is where my sister and I had our picture taken three weeks before.

Its so hard to imagine its all gone. For most of you, its just images of the tragedy but you have to remember that there were some of us who walked by those buildings everyday or went shopping there everyday. And its still hard to imagine that its all gone. There are times when I expect to go back in six months and everything will be the same again. I can still imagine myself walking through that building in the winter from my subway stop and remembering each shop that was there. Or thinking I need to go Christmas shopping at that one store-- and then remembering that store is gone. And its just a such a mess at Ground Zero now that you don't recognize any of it.

Thanks for the link to the photos.

Back
Top Bottom