The Windshield Killer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What the heck is up with the press on this case? When the story first broke, every media source said it took 2 or 3 days for the victim to die. Now, with the trial, we suddenly hear that he died within 2 hours! What the heck is going on?

No offense 80's, but what does it matter?

Oh well-kill a human being w/ your car and leave him to die in your garage, then blame it all on drugs and alcohol. Also it didn't matter because he was "just a homeless man". I don't know-that's what it seems like to me. (I'm not saying that's what you are implying 80's, of course)

I admit, I didn't follow the details of the case. What was her sentence anyway? I can't watch the news much anymore-it sickens and depresses me. :(

I'm GLAD you're not saying that, because there's no way in heck I was making any judgments whatsoever, especially not about him being "just a homeless man". The victim's social class had never entered my mind. I was simply making the point that serious errors were made in the way the story was originally told, and I'm wondering how that happened.

It is a HORRENDOUS story. I remember hearing about it when it happened. Sorry, but she deserves a nice cold cell for a long time.

youve peaked my interest 80s but from what i can tell no media watchdog has anything on it...was it within the same media outlet that you noticed the discrepancy or were you referring to the media in general. with the former there could be lots of reasons but with the latter i would have to believe the story of officials changed through, and i am purely speculating, some sort of forensic discovery

She got 60 years.

50 years for the crime.

and 10 years for tampering with evidence.

The details of this crime, like the lady who drowned her children, Lacy, James Byrd and the like are too gruesome for me to want to know all the little details.

I am glad she got 60 years.

I was astounded by this case since the media made so much about the amount of pot she smoked daily blah blah blah. If you are going to play the drug card you better have more than pot smoking to use. She was suppose to have been drinking and high on X.. etc. If you can park a vehicle in a garage and call someone to pick you up, if you are conscious and walking upright, By God in heaven you know what to do. She deserves everything she got and more. She talked to the man, while he was lodged in her windshield and still allowed him to die. I'm not so sure the other people who supposely came forward, later, shouldn't face charges also. This was one of the many horrible cases of pure evil I have seen. Drugged or not. That man would not have died if she or someone would have called for help. There wasn't alot of facts put out about it, initially, because the case had to be made in order to give her give the maximum amount of time she got not to mention what she should have gotten. I just don't believe her argument that at 27 years of age she "didn't know what to do" God in Heaven, she is better off being taken out of society just like Lacy, the James Byrd case & Susan Smith, and countless others.

kobayashi said:
youve peaked my interest 80s but from what i can tell no media watchdog has anything on it...was it within the same media outlet that you noticed the discrepancy or were you referring to the media in general. with the former there could be lots of reasons but with the latter i would have to believe the story of officials changed through, and i am purely speculating, some sort of forensic discovery

I live in the Dallas area, and it was all over the newpapers and TV news that it took the victim 2 ro 3 days to die...and then, when the trial started, we learned that it was 2 hours, without a word from anyone as to how ths story was so vastly different in teh beginning.

This was a cold-blooded crime and she deserved that sentence. I admit I didn't really follow it that closely in the media but it was definitely a crime. If you commit a crime you have to pay.

Back
Top Bottom