The wife John McCain callously left behind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
The wife John McCain callously left behind | Mail Online

Ted Sampley, who fought with US Special Forces in Vietnam and is now a leading campaigner for veterans’ rights, said: ‘I have been following John McCain’s career for nearly 20 years. I know him personally. There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is – deceit.

‘When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her almost right away. Everybody around him knew it.

‘Eventually he met Cindy and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy. At that point McCain just dumped Carol for something he thought was better.

‘This is a guy who makes such a big deal about his character. He has no character. He is a fake. If there was any character in that first marriage, it all belonged to Carol.’

One old friend of the McCains said: ‘Carol always insists she is not bitter, but I think that’s a defence mechanism. She also feels deeply in his debt because in return for her agreement to a divorce, he promised to pay for her medical care for the rest of her life.’

Carol remained resolutely loyal as McCain’s political star rose. She says she agreed to talk to The Mail on Sunday only because she wanted to publicise her support for the man who abandoned her.

Indeed, the old Mercedes that she uses to run errands displays both a disabled badge and a sticker encouraging people to vote for her ex-husband. ‘He’s a good guy,’ she assured us. ‘We are still good friends. He is the best man for president.’

But Ross Perot, who paid her medical bills all those years ago, now believes that both Carol McCain and the American people have been taken in by a man who is unusually slick and cruel – even by the standards of modern politics.

‘McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory,’ he said.

‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.’

I'm sure the "family values" crowd will close their eyes, plug their ears, and scream "la la la" ad infinitum before they will pay any attention to this.

But hey...Obama's flag pin. Now that's a big deal! :madwife:

If it were just this in isolation, I'd think no one really knows for sure what went on in someone else's marriage, blah, blah..., but instead, this is just a small part of what is becoming a larger, very unflattering picture of the man. I find Perot's comments particularly damning.

meh

don't really think it paints him in any other light other than that he is human. Probably met Carol when he was young, thought she was it, and then realised, there are a lot more sexy ladiz out there and promptly went off to find some. Its not a moral story, its a human being story.

though i don't like the guy, its just mud raking in my opinion.

And he publicly called his wife a "cunt". I mean, yeah people get angry, but if he calls his wife (the woman he's supposed to love and cherish as long as he lives according to his "principles") that, imagine what he thinks of other women.

The Raw Story | Book: McCain temper boiled over in '92 tirade, called wife a 'cunt'

oh give me a break.

yes... john mccain hates all women because he got angry at his wife. that's not a stretch at all. honestly. not at all.

I mean, yeah people get angry, but if he calls his wife (the woman he's supposed to love and cherish as long as he lives according to his "principles") that, imagine what he thinks of other women.

You're right. I guess anyone who has ever had an argument with their spouse or ever gotten a divorce is just a terrible person and unfit to lead.

You're right. I guess anyone who has ever had an argument with their spouse or ever gotten a divorce is just a terrible person and unfit to lead.

No one said that... :huh:

But calling your wife a 'cunt' in public is something completely different. If that story is true, it really should raise some eyebrows.

There is no credible evidence that he ever called his wife that name.

This is some crap story where some anti-McCain guy writes a book and says sixteen years ago some anonymously people claim they heard him say this.

There WAS no record of it at the time.
And the source is one attack book with anonymous sources?
That some blogger put up on the net.

anonymous sources say

Michele Obama was bumpin' and krumpin' on stage with Farrakhan singing "I hate WHITEY".

i, for one, am always shocked -- SHOCKED! -- when politicians turn out to be self-centered womanizers who are only as loyal as their best available options.

you have been away for 10 days

(yes, I actually counted)

hope you had some fun

Memphis and i were in Mexico. we traveled from the D.F. down to Oaxaca and back. we took cooking classes and photographs.

it was great. until the last 36 hours when turista struck and we were detained and searched at gunpoint by the police while on our way to the airport and we subsequently missed our flight. perhaps because we were two maricon gringos?

good times. :up:

If I were McCain I would use this story to my benefit. I would use it to contrast myself with GWB.

PRESS RELEASE: Unlike our current president, when I find myself in a less than desirable situation, I am willing to quickly cut my loses and move onto better ideas. I promise the moment I believe there is a better place to waste our countries resources, I will drop this Iraq war and move on.

I'm John McCain and I approve this message.

If I were McCain I would use this story to my benefit. I would use it to contrast myself with GWB.

PRESS RELEASE: Unlike our current president, when I find myself in a less than desirable situation, I am willing to quickly cut my loses and move onto better ideas. I promise the moment I believe there is a better place to waste our countries resources, I will drop this Iraq war and move on.

I'm John McCain and I approve this message.

Real men know when to pull out?

Arizona Republic, Mar. 1 2007

In 1979, John McCain came face to face with his future. He was in Hawaii, attending a military reception. While there, he met a young, blond former cheerleader from Phoenix named Cindy Hensley. McCain was immediately dazzled and spent the event chatting her up. "She was lovely, intelligent and charming, 17 years my junior but poised and confident," McCain wrote in his 2002 book, Worth the Fighting For. "I monopolized her attention the entire time, taking care to prevent anyone else from intruding on our conversation. When it came time to leave the party, I persuaded her to join me for drinks at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. By the evening's end, I was in love."

McCain recalls that both he and Cindy initially misled each other about their ages. McCain made himself a little younger, and Cindy made herself a little older. They found out their real ages when the local paper published them. McCain was 43, Cindy 25. "So our marriage," McCain cracks, "is really based on a tissue of lies."

...After a whirlwind courtship, John asked Cindy to marry him. But there were some details to clear out of the way. McCain needed a divorce from Carol, his wife of 14 years from whom he was separated. After McCain's dramatic homecoming from Vietnam, the couple grew apart. Their marriage began disintegrating while McCain was stationed in Jacksonville. McCain has admitted to having extramarital affairs.

...In February 1980, less than a year after he met Cindy, McCain petitioned a Florida court to dissolve his marriage to Carol, calling the union "irretrievably broken." ...In his book Worth the Fighting For, McCain offers his own post-mortem on his failed marriage. He "had not shown the same determination to rebuild (his) personal life" as he had to excel in his naval career. "Sound marriages can be hard to recover after great time and distance have separated a husband and wife. We are different people when we reunite," McCain wrote. "But my marriage's collapse was attributable to my own selfishness and immaturity more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the war. The blame was entirely mine."

Carol, who remains on good terms with her former husband, generally has avoided reporters interested in hearing her side of the story. She did briefly address her divorce to Timberg: "The breakup of our marriage was not caused by my accident or Vietnam or any of those things. I don't know that it might not have happened if John had never been gone. I attribute it more to John turning 40 and wanting to be 25 again than I do to anything else."
:shrug: Do we really want to get into tarring and feathering people over these kinds of things? Selfish and wrong and irresponsible behavior, absolutely. But he openly acknowledges that, and this was 30 years ago.

:shrug: Do we really want to get into tarring and feathering people over these kinds of things? Selfish and wrong and irresponsible behavior, absolutely. But he openly acknowledges that, and this was 30 years ago.

Apparently, though, it's perfectly fine for conservatives to "tar and feather" all they want.

snopes.com: Is Barack Obama the Anti-Christ?

According to the Book of Revelations the anti-christ is: The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuassive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal.... the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destory everything. Is it OBAMA??

Bonus points to the individual who spots the faulty logic of that urban legend.

^There's not a passage in Revelations that says the AntiChrist will be a Muslim in his 40s for starters. Also, there's huge disagreement between those who think it will be an actual person and those who think the description is a metaphor for the attiudes and systems of the world that are contrary to the peaceful, loving, whole attributes of the Kingdom of God. I tend to be a believer of the second category. Nothing enrages me more about the church today than those who pull Revelations and Old Testament scripture out of context to try to connect it to current events. We can't remove these words from the time and space they were written in just to make them say what we want.

Back
Top Bottom