The US: not really liked by the rest of the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think the little girlie countries need to silently asked themselves who their daddy really is..:angry:

thank u-
DB9
:sexywink:

diamond said:
i think the little girlie countries need to silently asked themselves who their daddy really is..:angry:

Oy vey. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
well diamond, its exactly that mentality that we see all the time. i cant really tell if your joking or not, either way it was stupid.

america will be the end of many things.

*can hardly wait for some brainiac to say

"ya like the end of starvation, injustice, and all other social problems!"

*GAG*

diamond said:

thank u-
DB9

thats a pretty stupid comment considering everyone in America who isnt descended from Native Americans is then descended from Europeans, Africans, Asians...

So in fact we're the daddy, go and do your homework.

cloudimani said:

thats a pretty stupid comment considering everyone in America who isnt descended from Native Americans is then descended from Europeans, Africans, Asians...

So in fact we're the daddy, go and do your homework.

So let me get this straight....

The rest of the world are the parents and the US is the child you can no longer control.....

:madspit:

America is that rebellious teenager who thinks he knows everything, only to discover that he's wrong--only after he's fucked everything up and whines for his mommy to clean everything up.

Melon

Melon,

If thats anyone, its not America its Europe. Who has been stopping and cleaning up nearly every war Europeans have started for the past century? America. Who rebuilt Europe after World War II? America. Who screams and cries and gets angery lately when ever America does what it feels is the right thing to do? Europe. Who provides the lions share of security for the first world? America. America is the only country that might come close to having the ability to clean up after everyone else.

Cloudimani.

So called "Native Americans" are descendents of Asians as well.

Sting2, the problem with that line of thinking is that it reads this way: "Each individual American is superior to all other persons on this planet, by virtue of being born in America or by having become a U.S. citizen."

If you were European, chances are you'd be offended by that statement.

Really??? :confused:

If that was the case, then this thread could be about why the rest of the world does not like me. :ohmy:

And they may not like me, but I don't believe that is what we are discussing.

STING2 said:
Melon,

If thats anyone, its not America its Europe. Who has been stopping and cleaning up nearly every war Europeans have started for the past century? America. Who rebuilt Europe after World War II? America. Who screams and cries and gets angery lately when ever America does what it feels is the right thing to do? Europe. Who provides the lions share of security for the first world? America. America is the only country that might come close to having the ability to clean up after everyone else.

First off, learn how to read the sexywink :sexywink:. I'm not being serious.

Secondly, it was a joke on age. Like it or not, America is still relatively young (226 years old), when stacked up to Europe, some of whose nations are 1000 years old.

Third, if America was so good at cleaning things up, then why are we still dealing with issues that stem back to 40-50 years ago?

Fourth, what would America say if a European nation decided to set up a military base on American soil? Because that's certainly what we do with other nations. I would be curious to see what everyone's response to that would be.

Melon

"Who has been stopping and cleaning up nearly every war Europeans have started for the past century? America. Who rebuilt Europe after World War II? America. Who screams and cries and gets angery lately when ever America does what it feels is the right thing to do? Europe. Who provides the lions share of security for the first world? America. America is the only country that might come close to having the ability to clean up after everyone else."

What a truly farcical notion.

Ant.

Im beginning to realize that-
Iam in company of an insufferable, indolent little group, w a predictable mindset.:angry:

bitches:censored: :sexywink:

thank u-

DB9:sexywink:

Thanks for the wild turkey and
the passenger pigeons, destined
to be shit out through wholesome
American guts.

Thanks for a continent to despoil
and poison.

Thanks for Indians to provide a
modicum of challenge and
danger.

Thanks for vast herds of bison to
kill and skin leaving the
carcasses to rot.

Thanks for bounties on wolves
and coyotes.

Thanks for the American dream,
To vulgarize and to falsify until
the bare lies shine through.

Thanks for the KKK.

For ******-killin' lawmen,
feelin' their notches.

For decent church-goin' women,
with their mean, pinched, bitter,
evil faces.

Thanks for "Kill a Queer for
Christ" stickers.

Thanks for laboratory AIDS.

Thanks for Prohibition and the
war against drugs.

Thanks for a country where
nobody's allowed to mind the
own business.

Thanks for a nation of finks.

Yes, thanks for all the
memories-- all right let's see
your arms!

You always were a headache and
you always were a bore.

Thanks for the last and greatest
betrayal of the last and greatest
of human dreams.

William Burroughs

rafmed said:
Thanks for the wild turkey and
the passenger pigeons, destined
to be shit out through wholesome
American guts.

Thanks for a continent to despoil
and poison.

Thanks for Indians to provide a
modicum of challenge and
danger.

Thanks for vast herds of bison to
kill and skin leaving the
carcasses to rot.

Thanks for bounties on wolves
and coyotes.

Thanks for the American dream,
To vulgarize and to falsify until
the bare lies shine through.

Thanks for the KKK.

For ******-killin' lawmen,
feelin' their notches.

For decent church-goin' women,
with their mean, pinched, bitter,
evil faces.

Thanks for "Kill a Queer for
Christ" stickers.

Thanks for laboratory AIDS.

Thanks for Prohibition and the
war against drugs.

Thanks for a country where
nobody's allowed to mind the
own business.

Thanks for a nation of finks.

Yes, thanks for all the
memories-- all right let's see
your arms!

You always were a headache and
you always were a bore.

Thanks for the last and greatest
betrayal of the last and greatest
of human dreams.

William Burroughs
Raf-
In the future, plez refrain from posting your long lost Uncle's poetry on these boards..

thank u
DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
rafmed said:
Diamond, if you were able to stop writing all your dumb posts, I'm sure the image of the USA would improve in a high percentage. :sexywink:
nice comeback -bufus;)

DB9
:)

Melon,

I understand your orignal point now, makes more sense in that context.

As far as cleaning things up were not perfect, but I'd say over the past century we have had a better track record than any other single country. By the way, what are we still dealing with in a major way, from 40-50 years ago in Europe?

American bases set up on European soil were done so out of obvious mutual need. NATO soldiers come to the USA every year and train and work with American forces all over the world. If there was a need to station other NATO soldiers on USA soil, it would be done. Again we don't set up bases in countries without their consent unless were at war with that country or rebuilding it after a war.

Anthony,

I did not say that was indeed the case, that America is the parent and that Europe is the child, but over the past century, its more likely that would be the case than the other way around.

But it is a fact that World War I and World War II were wars started by Europeans that the USA had a substantial part in ending, the Marshal Plan rebuilt Europe, war in Bosnia and Kosovo was only stopped when US military power was introduced into the situation, The United States provides the most resources for the NATO alliance, The USA economically has the greatest capability to clean up after others.

Not a farcical notion in that respect, just fact.

u know what u stiff little monkees that love pissing on the USA?

This thread shoulda been titled-"The US is not like any other country in the world":up:
Then and only then some of you would come outta your predictable shells.:| :sexywink:

Remember Bono's words.." I love America not for all her glory and majesty BUT for the idea she represents. America is an idea, an idea I looove..":up:

You naysayers are trashing the idea of America..
Think about it.

Peace-

Diamond:|

Last edited:
melon said:

Postmodernism always was about style over substance...

Melon
:confused:
whatever that means..:angry::sexywink:

All I know thru internal pOp polling data is that I have the market cornered on style:sexywink:
Substance delivered upon requests on tuesdays only..

thank u-
Diamond

pub crawler said:
Sting2, the problem with that line of thinking is that it reads this way: "Each individual American is superior to all other persons on this planet, by virtue of being born in America or by having become a U.S. citizen."

If you were European, chances are you'd be offended by that statement.

nbcrusader said:
Really??? :confused:

If that was the case, then this thread could be about why the rest of the world does not like me. :ohmy:

And they may not like me, but I don't believe that is what we are discussing.

No, we're discussing arrogance. :|

Last edited:
Diamond, I think you're just trying to start shit. :p hahaha....

Jokes aside, I am truly astonished that some of the North Americans involved in this discussion cannot see why foreigners might be put off by the whole "America saved your ass" attitude shown by some here. It's perplexing. (EVEN IF AND WHEN IT'S TRUE that America bailed a given people/country/etc. out of trouble at one time or another, it doesn't make you personally superior to that people group or their country/province/etc.

Whats most puzzling is this assertion that because America has saved many people over the past century that we think we are superior to anyone?!?! Since when did anyone here say that Americans were personaly superior to anyone?

We have certainly had many people come out with, chip on the shoulder attitude, to the USA. Whats really astonishing is the unobjective nature of the criticism and this false assumption of superiority that Americans have. It might be better to talk of the unwarrented insecurity of foreigners outside the USA.

diamond said:

Raf-
In the future, plez refrain from posting your long lost Uncle's poetry on these boards..

thank u
DB9

im sure he along with everyone else here who doesnt like the states for its foreign policy would stop but you keep making posts and threads lipkissing, hugging, and sucking mr dubya and its quite gross.

you are the voting public. please be aware of what hes doing. try and look behind the "majesty behing the flag."

oh and i dont think many of us give two shits what bono has to say about "america represents ...this idea...blah blah blah." its bono, he talks too much. every country is about an idea. or rather, none are, but patriotic nutcases think there is.

I will think long and hard before i respond to that silly diatribe.....

thank u
DB9
:dance::):dance::):dance::)

Last edited:
STING2 said:
Whats most puzzling is this assertion that because America has saved many people over the past century that we think we are superior to anyone?!?! Since when did anyone here say that Americans were personaly superior to anyone?

We have certainly had many people come out with, chip on the shoulder attitude, to the USA. Whats really astonishing is the unobjective nature of the criticism and this false assumption of superiority that Americans have. It might be better to talk of the unwarrented insecurity of foreigners outside the USA.

Why does this keep shifting back to an attack on a personal level? Read in their worst light, posts stating how the US "has saved many people over the past century" is a statement that the country as a whole is superior to other countries. Not person to person.

It is a strange dichotomy - one nation can be vastly superior to another, but the individuals in each country are equals.

I don?t care where someone lives ? we all have the same Creator.

Back
Top Bottom