The uber-FYM thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
So...tell us a bit about yourself.

You don't have to answer certain questions if you aren't comfortable. Also, feel free to add things if I've missed something.

PERSONAL
First Name:

POLITICAL (I know these apply to American politics, mainly because I know nothing about other places)
Republican or Democrat:
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist:
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party):

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?:
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?:
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?:
Free Trade or Fair Trade?:
Do you support Globalisation?:
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?:
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?:
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?:
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?:
Do you own stock?:

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?:
What should the government do with Social Security?:
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?:
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?:
The Patriot Act: good or bad?:
Gun Control: good or bad?:

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?:
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?:
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?:
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?:
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?:
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?:
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?:
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?:
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?:
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?:

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?:
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?:
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?:
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?:
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?:
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?:
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?:
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?:
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?:
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?:
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?:

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?:
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?:
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?:
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?:
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?:
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?:
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?:
Is the United Nations still relevant?:
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?:
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?:
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?:
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?:
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?:
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?:
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?:
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?:
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?:
Should Taiwan be an independent state?:
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?:
Should there be a European Union?:
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?:
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?:
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?:

:wink:

Last edited:
That's an awful lot of questions. Not sure if I feel energetic enough to answer them. Like your sig though - it's from I Shall be Released by Bob Dylan isn't it?

DaveC said:
yep.

you don't have to answer everything you know. you can pick and chose.

Right:- Northern Ireland- what do you think should be done?

Broadly speaking I am in favour of a United Ireland in the original Wolfe Tone ideal of a 32 County Republic for Protestant, Catholic and Dissenter. However I do not regard it as particularly important and certainly not worth dying for.

Should the US get out of Iraq?

No sir, they have a moral responsibility to oversee a peaceful transition and should maintain a force there for the foreseeble future.

PERSONAL
First Name: James

POLITICAL: Whatever floats my boat
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Libertarian Right Wing Death Beast.
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): Rudy Guiliani vs. Joe Lieberman.

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: Good
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements? Yes
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Free Trade
Do you support Globalisation?: Yes
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: Yes
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: Good for imports bad for exports here.
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy? Yes, moves with China show this.
Do you own stock?: No

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately? No
What should the government with Social Security?: Privatise it.
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education? Neither, give people vouchers.
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported? No, give these men and women more.
The Patriot Act: good or bad? Not good enough.
Gun Control: good or bad? Bad

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large? Too small
Should the military continue to build up its numbers? Most definitely
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research? No, it should stop wasting a lot of money on futile programs.
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons? Yes, get rid of armageddon machines and develop more tactical nukes.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop? No, limited nuclear testing for next generation of nuclear weapons should be allowed.
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad? Bad, if you cant launch a missile at the US then just smuggle a nuke in a shipping container, the cost benefit scales just don't weigh up.
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq? No need to
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: No
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is? Left as is
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? Yes, but define both the enemy and long term objectives properly.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being? No
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination? No
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer? No
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done? No
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion? Yes
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution? I don't believe in either, but I think; Evolution is the very best explaination with the evidence collected and each new piece enhances our understanding of evolutionary biology.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened? No, I am open to the possibility that Big Bang theory is not right. I am bugged by inflation and homogenous CMBR.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state? Yes
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools? Yes, I think that theology and philosophy should be taught in schools.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs? No
Should capital punishment for criminals continue? No.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other? Keep the process on track with gradual disarmnent, I don't support either side but I am punitive to any terrorism ~ from both sides.
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq? Yes
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately? No
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers? Yes
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately? No
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan? Yes, it wouldn't take much to neutralise the janjaweed militiamen.
Should the US be a member of the United Nations? No
Is the United Nations still relevant? Was it ever.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid? More than enough
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going? Democracy
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement? Yes, trade liberalisation and exposition of human rights abuses.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel? No, annex the PLO Arab land back into Syria and Jordan.
Should there be a Palestinian State at all? Yes, Jordan. The two state solution while being the most fair in theory may be untenable in reality, I doubt that if given a state the Palestinians would abandon terrorism ~ they want to liberate Palestine and if you check a map Mandate Palestine goes all the way to the Mediterranean.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya? Yes, but not the way they are doing now, they fucked up big time but allowing seccesionism by Islamic seperatists will only lead to more trouble ~ it is a very fucked up situation.
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia? No, give it over to the EU and/or NATO.
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo? Ditto.
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what? Ignore them until Kim dies or a Chinese inspired coup occurs. War is simply not an option and the slow game of diplomacy must go on.
Should Taiwan be an independent state? Yes
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions? Sanctions don't work, US should deal with Castro once and for all and be prepared to step in when that house of cards collapses. Of course they can just wait for Castro to die, much of a muchness really but there is an obscene ammount of national pride at stake.
Should there be a European Union? Yes, they are an unending source of entertainment :wink:
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union? Yes
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what? Exposition of human rights abuses, sanctions coupled with soft power pressure on the junta.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay? Yes

Last edited:
PERSONAL
First Name: Melon

POLITICAL
Republican or Democrat: Democrat
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Liberal
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): I don't know.

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: Good, if they're targeted to the working class and not the top 1%.
Should the Treasury Department raise of lower the interest rate?: Keep steady.
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: No
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Fair trade
Do you support Globalisation?: No
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: Not at all
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: If employment was an indicator of economic health, recessing. "Conveniently," it is not.
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: There's benefits for both.
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: No
Do you own stock?: Unemployed people can't afford stock.

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: Yes
What should the government with Social Security?: Raise the maximum income subject to SS from $90,000 to $200,000+
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education?: Both.
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: No.
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Bad.
Gun Control: good or bad?: Moderate gun control is prudent. We don't need AK-47s.

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: No.
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: Probably.
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: Yes.
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: Yes.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: Yes.
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: A terrestrial-based missile defense is a good idea. A space-based missile defense is not.
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: No.
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: Not at all.
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: No opinion.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?: It should resume the war on terrorism, rather than using it as a guise to fulfill PNAC's futurist agenda.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: I do.
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: I used to.
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: No.
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: Money doesn't solve all problems.
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: Reluctantly, yes, but I hope they would choose not to.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Evolution.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: Yes.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: It's their choice, as far as I'm concerned.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Not at all. Leave that to parents and their respective churches outside of school time.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: I think it is mostly ineffective and a waste of money, but I don't support drugs.
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: No.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: The IRA must disarm, and the UK must do more to protect Catholics from discrimination.
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: It would have been nice if the reasons we went were "truthful."
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: No.
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: Yes.
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: No.
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: In a limited capacity.
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?: Yes.
Is the United Nations still relevant?: Yes.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: Yes.
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: Ideally, yes.
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: Let it run its course.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: In the West Bank and Gaza, yes.
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: Yes.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: I don't know.
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: I don't know.
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: I don't know.
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Continue on a diplomatic route, maybe give North Korea some incentives, but ensure that North Korea fully and permanently disarms.
Should Taiwan be an independent state?: Yes.
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: Loosen sanctions. We deal with Vietnam and China, which are both communist.
Should there be a European Union?: I don't care.
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Ditto.
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: Full UN sanctions.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: Not indefinitely and without charges.

PERSONAL
First Name: Dave

POLITICAL (I know these apply to American politics, mainly because I know nothing about other places)
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Centrist
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): Dems: not Hillary, Repubs: Santorum (anyone who reads Savage Love will appreciate that)

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: Bad.
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?:
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Fair Trade
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: No
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: coming over the hump
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: Good for Canada, and for me on my trip to PA
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: Not even remotely.

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: No
What should the government do with Social Security?:
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: Education
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: No
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Bad bad bad
Gun Control: good or bad?: Good for assault weapons, bad for small handguns

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: Yes
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: No
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: Yes
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: Some, the ICBM's.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: Yes - no longer necessary
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: Bad - fallout has to land somewhere, and those puppies are gonna be cruising over Canada
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: Not needed, but it would help
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: increased
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?: Not as is.
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: North Korea

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: Agnostic
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Baptist
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: Yes
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: No
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: Yes
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Evolution
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: Yes
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: Yes, as long as they agree, or, if they cannot, their next of kin agrees.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Not at all
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: No
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: Yes

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: I lean towards unity, but not at the expense of lives.
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: No
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: No
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: Yes
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: Not immediately, but soon. Afghanistan seems pretty stable by now.
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: UN. Not US.
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?: Yes
Is the United Nations still relevant?: Somewhat, but it needs to get tougher on the US.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: Yes
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: Maybe not full-fledged Jeffersonian democracy, but reforms are needed
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: No. Change must come from within.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: Yes, in the West Bank.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: Not with full-out military force.
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: No, no longer necessary
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: No
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Yes. Airstrikes on their nuclear facilities.
Should Taiwan be an independent state?: Yes
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: Loosen sanctions, Castro's nearly dead anyways.
Should there be a European Union?: Yes
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Yes
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: Yes, free Aun Sang Suu Kyi by force if necessary, and sanction the country to starve out the government. Maybe incite a revolution.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: No.
Should there still be UN involvement in Cyprus: No, not necessary.
Yuschenko or Yanukovych?: Yushchenko.

Last 2 categories were added.

Last edited:
PERSONAL
First Name: Jenny

POLITICAL
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): not Hillary, not some Republican that can win

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: bad
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: acty, the Fed. Reserve is independent of the Treasury and at this point, yes
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: no
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: stagnant or rising slowly
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: bad for me because I would like to visit Europe, good for the Brits that come to NYC and spend their money
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: aside from China, Europe is a bigger threat economically than Asia and the US is not ready for that

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: yes
What should the government do with Social Security?: raise retirement age, DO NOT institute personal accounts
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: both but education more because health care is tied to employment and you can't get a good job if you're dumb
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: not in the least
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: very bad
Gun Control: good or bad?: good, you don't need an uzi to go hunting

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: spending yes, personnel no
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: no
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: no
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: no
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: no
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: bad
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: REALLY bad idea but yes
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: no but will be forced to
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?: yes yes yes
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: Iran, NK with nukes is more trouble than Iran with potential nuclear program

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: yes
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Catholic
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: yes
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: NO!
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: yes, I don't believe in abortion but that is a moral choice that I make and I don't think the government has a right to make it for me
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: evolution brought about by divine intervention
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: as a THEORY yes but there is still too much unknown about the universe to say a definitive yes
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: no but I feel each person has a right to make that decision on their own
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: yes if it includes ALL religions and even what it means to be an athiest, all or nothing
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: yes but not so tough, marajuana needs to be regulated less
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: only in extreme federal cases, no state cases

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: I support whichever side supports peace, I believe in the unification of Ireland but not by violent means
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: no
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: no
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: yes
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: NO!!!!
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: YES!!!!
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?: YES!!!!
Is the United Nations still relevant?: yes
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: yes so far
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: depends on what China believes is best, we cannot make that decision for them the way we did for Iraq. the decision should be made from the inside.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: only in occupied territory
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: yes but only if there is peace, Israel must remain as intact as possible

Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: get rid of sanctions, Castro is a shell of his former self now that the Soviet Union is nyet
Should there be a European Union?: yes
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: yes but only if it is quick and they receive a fair trial. I understand the need for safety but they must be judged under U.S. laws, which include a speedy trial and a court-appointed lawyer if needed

PERSONAL
First Name: Pearl

POLITICAL
Republican or Democrat: Neither
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Centrist

ECONOMY
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Fair Trade
Do you support Globalisation?: In the form of economics that leads to fair trade. But cultural globalization (one world culture) no
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: If it doesn't give jobs to those who lose theirs, no
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: Neither
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: Bad

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: No, that would mean higher taxes
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: Both
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: No

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: No
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: Yes
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: No
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: No
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: No
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: No
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: Iran, since our troops are on either side and Iran would certainly would love to strike them

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: Yes
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Catholic-Christian
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: Yes, even though I firmly believe life begins at conception, I can't tell a woman what to do
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: I like to say God created Evolution
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Only in history and global studies courses
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: Maybe not, but it could remain an option

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: I wish to see a united Ireland, but not by use of terrorism
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: No, or it would be like Afghanistan when we left it back in the 80s
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: No
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?:
No
Is the United Nations still relevant?: For humanitarian reasons
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: Yes
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: No
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: Yes
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: Yes
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: No
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Something very cautiously
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: Loosen sanctions, they're no longer politically relevant
Should there be a European Union?: Yes, for economic reasons
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Not sure
Yes

Last edited:
PERSONAL
First Name: Daria

MILITARY
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: Probably
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: Don't know
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: Well that would still leave a whole lot of countries possessing nuclear weapons, so America disarming by itself won't achieve much.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: Ideally, yes.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: No
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: No
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: No
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: Yes, and I think more should be done so that women don't have to face this choice in the first place.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Evolution to me at least makes a whole lot more sense than Creation.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: No idea
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: In theory, yes, but I'm hesitant about actually making it legal.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: No
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: No

WORLD
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: Undecided
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: Yes
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: Yes
Is the United Nations still relevant?: Yes
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: I can't really see it a democracy the way it is now.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: In a part of it, yes.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: Yes, but supression alone is not enough.
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Not sure.

PERSONAL
First Name: James
Age: 27 (Ugh. You guys make me feel old and out of touch)

Republican or Democrat: Democrat / Independent
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Liberal for Utah / Conservative for everywhere else
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): no idea – Arnold? (that’s a joke folks)

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: Good for me right now.
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: maintain
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: NAFTA sure was a good idea for the Mexican elitists. Subcomandante Marcos and the Zapatistas didn’t think so. I guess…not really.
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Fair
Do you support Globalisation?: not really
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: I didn’t think so until I met a Novell employee that lives in India. His standard of living has improved drastically.
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: We’re all going to hell in hand basket.
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: It sure wasn’t good for me when I was in Portugal this summer. But I took advantage of the strength of the dollar in Chile and Brazil for far too long.
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: Nope.
Do you own stock?: Huh? What’s that? Livestock?

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: No. We need to pay most of it off but I still think Hamilton was a bright guy when it came to national debt. However, we’re at ridiculous levels at this point.
What should the government do with Social Security?: Not sure.
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: Ed-u-ma-kay-shun
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: Probably not.
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Baaaaadddddd.
Gun Control: good or bad?: Good in moderation. Nobody needs automatic rifles.

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: Um, maybe.
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: No, but I’m not so informed on this.
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: Dunno.
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: Some, not all.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: yeah. Question though, if we're done blowing up Nevada deserts, how is testing done these days in the US?
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: Good on the ground. Star Wars is a cool movie but not a cool idea.
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: You’re smokin’ crack, right? No.
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: No way John Wayne.
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: Dunno.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? Sure but not as a smokescreen for other things.
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: Finland, no wait, North Korea. But can’t we just make cookies or something and play nice on the playground? Too idealistic.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: Absolutely.
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Yup. (see the ask a Mormon thread).
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: Yup.
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: Nope.
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: To a certain degree. I may not agree with all abortions but I do believe a woman should have the choice. I know, I’m a baby killer.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Can I believe in some of Column A and some of Column B? I mean, Evolution just makes sense to me but I still believe in the Creation. See below:
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: God said Bang and it happened. I believe God is bound be certain absolute truths in the universe. He may be able to manipulate laws but he still has to follow them. Our mortal and finite minds cannot comprehend all things but I do believe in a day when science and religion will actually mutually support one another.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: Not really. Maybe the vegamites. I think part of this mortal test is endurance. Suicide’s not the answer, even if it seems like the best choice. Get back to me when I’m dying of cancer of the tongue or something like that.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Religion should be based in the home; however, I don’t think a world religion class would be a bad idea.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: Absolutely. As long as we aren’t pouring money down the drain.
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: When there is overwhelming DNA evidence in violent crimes then I think so. What are the figures? To maintain somebody on death row is about as much as a semester at Harvard? Ridiculous. But, I think most people can change and be reformed.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: I don’t know enough to have an opinion.
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: No.
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: No. Now that we’re there, we better help them make a peaceful transition.
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: No, the US should pressure Colombia, Venezuela, parts of Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia (and maybe Brazil) but I don’t think Chile, Argentina, or either of they Guay’s are part of the problem.
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: Probably not.
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: No opinion.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: I think so.
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: Yes, but that should be decided by them. Who’s to say that the US’s brand of democracy is the best for China?
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: Let nature take its course.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: what Melon said
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: What Melon said.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?:
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?:
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?:
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Diplomacy. Talk them to death.
Should Taiwan be an independent state?: Well, yeah.
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: Yeah, how about opening up tourism again? The Godfather II looked really cool and I really want to meet those Buena Vista Social Club guys. But honestly, I think there are bigger problems for the US to deal with. Loosey Goosey.
Should there be a European Union?: Yes.
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Why not.
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: I don’t know. But I bet Bono does.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: Sure but they should at least know why they’re being detained.

Last edited:
PERSONAL
First Name: Matt

Republican or Democrat: Libertarian
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Politics Centrist to Conservative, Religion Liberal
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): To early.

ECONOMY
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: Raise or lower depends on the situation.
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Fair
Do you support Globalisation?: No
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: growing
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: bad
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: no
Do you own stock?: yes (tripled my initial investment as a day trader)

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: yes
What should the government do with Social Security?: limit those who receive it
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: both
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?:no
The Patriot Act: good or bad?:good
Gun Control: good or bad?: good within limits

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: no
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: yes
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: yes
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?:yes
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: no
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: good
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?:yes
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: yes
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: left
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? yes
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?:Iran

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?:yes
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: yes
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: no
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: yes
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: both
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: yes
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: yes
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: no
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: yes
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: yes

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: yes/no
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: yes
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: begin preparations
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: yes
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: no
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: UN yes
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?: yes
Is the United Nations still relevant?: on the down side
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: yes
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: not my business
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: no
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: no
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: no
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: yes
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: yes
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: 007 Baby
Should Taiwan be an independent state?: Dunno
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: No Castro will die.
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: yes
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: Dunno
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: Support has almost completely faded.

PERSONAL
First Name: Anthony

Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): Hilary Clinton

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: Depends on whom they're targeted at and by how much. I'd say in times of recession, they are an indispensable way of promoting growth, if aimed at the working class.
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: It should keep them relatively eaven.
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: No comment.
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Free trade, given the current economic climate - I don't think its the 'right' time for fair trade on a grand scale.
Do you support Globalisation?: Yes.
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: No.
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: I'd say recessing.
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: Definately bad for my family, who's wages are tied to the dollar and lose out when changing them to Pounds Sterling.
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: Not at all.
Do you own stock?: No.

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: Not immediately.
What should the government do with Social Security?: They should not take it to the private sector.
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: Funding health care.
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: No.
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Bad.
Gun Control: good or bad?: Good.

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: Its probably just about right, considering the number of wars.
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: No.
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: Oh yes, just what this world needs - more creative ways of killing each other. No.
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: Only after several key states have done to beforehand.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: Yes. For the love of God.
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: Well, its good who have it, I suppose.
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: No.
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: Decreased.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? Yes, albeit in a different manner.
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: Iran. Definately Iran.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: Yes.
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Catholicism.
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: Not at all.
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: I do not support it, but I do not condemn it, either.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Theory of Evolution.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: Yes.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: Yes.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Yes.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: Yes.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: I do believe that most people in Northern Ireland are happy being a part of the UK; I am against the idea of a 'United Ireland', as it were, in principle. To be fair, I'm really not that concerned, but I am concerned over a bunch of murderers killing in the name of an idea that most people aren't really that passionate over.
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: No.
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: Yes.
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: Yes.
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?: No.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: I certainly think so.
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: Democracy.
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: Not at all. It should come naturally, as with most democracies.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: No.
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: I suppose its something that has to be done.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: No.
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: No.
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: No.
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: They should definately start pressuring North Korea, though I do believe that diplomacy would be valuable here. Iran is truly the more volatile of the two, and it should be dealt with as soon as possible. It should have been the US' next problem to resolve after Afghanistan, as opposed to Iraq, which did not poise a credible threat.
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: Loosen sanctions - there are bigger concerns in the world than Cuba.
Should there be a European Union?: Yes, but not entirely manipulated by France, as has been the case for far too long.
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Not at all.
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: Sanctions.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: There is a legal black hole here, and I believe that is so because there is also a moral one - I believe the situation is far more complex than some have given it credit for. In principle, I do.

Ant.

PERSONAL
First Name: Ryan

Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: liberal
General Wesley Clark
ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: bad
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: either way i'm screwed
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: kinda...way too tricky
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: free
Do you support Globalisation?: yes
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: it's far too difficult to lean one way or the other...a lot of these jobs have helped kids stay away from prostitution and other crappy third world jobs
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: it's just bleh
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: no
Do you own stock?: no

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: well, it always sounds good to pay down debt
What should the government do with Social Security?: tax the bloody rich more and keep the system as it is
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: too simple of a question
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: no
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: there are positives, nevertheless some of our basic rights are violated
Gun Control: good or bad?: good

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: yes
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: at least some
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: yes
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: no needed
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: no
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: no
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: huh?
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? just like we have fought the war on all other words (drugs, poverty)
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: i honestly don't believe either need to be attacked to achieve peace...i'm a pacifist so...

MORAL
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: no
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: no
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: i don't think i could ever have an abortion if i was a woman; nevertheless in many circumstances i don't feel i know what is right so, i will leave that up to the woman, God, and her rich doctor
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: it's not a matter of either or
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: quality of life!
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: yes, the many different ideas of God(s) is an important part of education
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: not the way it is being waged
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: no

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: i understand both view points...i don't think either view point justifys bloody deeds
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: i honestly cannot figure out what should be done
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: yes...but let's treat the addicts in this country....
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: yes
Is the United Nations still relevant?: it can be made to be very easily
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: probably not
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: china is an oligarchy engaged in mass capitalism....a true marxist revolt might be nice there
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: yes
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: yes
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: no
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: yes
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: yes
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: no, let's just pretend it doesn't exist, just like bumps on breasts
Should Taiwan be an independent state?: probably
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: loosen sanctions
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: eventually
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: I DON'T HAVE ALL THE FRIGGIN' ANSWERS...but yes something ought to be done there
no

PERSONAL
First Name: Matthieu

Republican or Democrat: They both seem to suck (on a national level), but if I had to choose I'd say Democrat.

Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: I guess liberal on this scale.

Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): I don't know but I hope next time the candidates actually differ from each other. Oh, and for the love of God, not another Bush!

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: If you have responsibly balanced your budget and have money “to spare”, I support tax cuts for the people who need it the most.

Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: Don't do anything for now.

Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: Don't know

Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Fair Trade.

Do you support Globalisation?: Yes, when done responsibly.

Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: Depends on which criteria. If you look at growth percentages and employment figures, I believe the economy is or will soon be on the rise. When it comes to distribution of wealth and resources, I sometimes wonder if it will ever get better. In Europe and the US, it looks like that’s getting worse.

Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: Both, but overall, I think bad.

Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: Not at all.

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: Not at the expense of good governmental programs. But it should be paid off as soon as possible.

What should the government do with Social Security?: For the love of God, don’t privatize it!

Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: You can have both you know so I’m choosing neither, so there! :D

Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: I don’t know.

The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Bad

Gun Control: good or bad?: Good

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: Yes

Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: No

Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: No

Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: Stop with the actual nuclear explosions. Other types of research might be okay (depending on the research).

Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: Bad, there’s a good work you’re developing something that doesn’t work against something that’s not going to happen. It’s seems more like a prestige project than anything else. If it does work, the US could pretty much launch nuclear strikes against anyone without the fear of retaliation. Just what the world needs :|

Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: I don’t know.

Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? A War on Terror is fine, but not the way it’s been conducted now. More cooperation with other counties. No fraternization with asshole countries like Pakistan just because they support you adventures.

Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: If I had to choose, Id say Iran but I think it would be another horrible mistake. There are no legal grounds for it anyway (not as if that’s ever stopped the GOP).

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: No

Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: No, I might still be registered somewhere as a Catholic though.

Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: No

Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Evolution.

Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: Yes

Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Yes, but only in a philosophy class where they teach about religions in general and don’t promote one religion or the other.

Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: Yes, legalize or at least decriminalize soft drugs. Addiction should be seen as a disease not a crime, reduce these ridiculously high sentences for possession of drugs and put your money into rehab programs.

Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: Definitely not.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: As usual I support the innocent in the line of fire. The IRA and other groups should disarm (or be disarmed). Either side should be protected from discrimination.

Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: I’m still on the fence, I’d have to see how it’ll all work out. However, I have no illusions that we’ve been lied to about the reasons for the war and that they’ve made gigantic mistakes. The behaviour of the US and some of its allies has really been a disgrace.

Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: No, the US and other countries should stay in Iraq until they can take care of themselves.

Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: Yes, even though I’d prefer the involvement of the African Union.

Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: Yes in terms of sending direct aid. However, these countries will be affected for a long time, we should be prepared to help out getting their economies back on track.

Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: Democracy.

If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: No involvement of the military of course, but the US should work together with other countries (for a change) to put pressure on the Chinese and not to be lured by the economical benefits of ignoring Chinese human rights violations.

Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: Yes, especially at the West Bank and possibly Gaza.

Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: Yes, however I question it’s ability to sustain itself economically.

Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: definitely not the way they’re doing it now. Suppressing terrorists is obviously a good thing, but the way human rights are being trampled is, again, a disgrace.

Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: Yes

Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: Yes

Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Put political and perhaps economical pressure on them

Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: Loosen sanctions. They don’t work and the eighties are gone, get over it.

Should there be a European Union?: Yes.

Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Yes, if they meet the criteria.

Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: Yes, but I admit, I don’t know what.

Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: The only reason for detention at Guantanamo Bay is to bypass the Constitution so I’m against it. Also because of the treatment of prisoners.

Last edited:
PERSONAL
First Name: Brian

Republican or Democrat: Independent
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist:Cenrist to conservative
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party):Condi v. Hillary

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?:Good
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?:not sure
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?:yes
Free Trade or Fair Trade?:Free
Do you support Globalisation?:Yes
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?:to a certain extent
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?:generally rising
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?:bad
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?:probably not
Do you own stock?:yes

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?:No.
What should the government do with Social Security?:Give people a choice of where to put a certain percentage of the money they put into the system.
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?:Healthcare. States can handle education better than the national government, but they would suck at providing healthcare.
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?:No
The Patriot Act: good or bad?:A little of both.
Gun Control: good or bad?:Bad, to a certain extent. There should be some limits on what types of guns can be bought and sold.

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?:No
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?:No, it should focus on building a leaner, quicker military.
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?:Yes.
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?:No
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?:Yes
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?:I understand both sides of this argument so it is hard for me to say.
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?:Heck, no.
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?:See above.
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?:Left as it is.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?Yes.
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?:I would say Iran because they have a blossoming democratic movement there that would be able to assist the U.S., and they do not possess nukes yet. An attack on N.K would probably unleash a nuclear holocaust with that nutcase ruling over there.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?:Yes
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?:Christian
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?:Yes
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?:No
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?:I do not agree with abortions, but until there is an overwhelming majority of people that agree it should be overturned, it should stay the way it is. Minors should have parental consent; I believe that as science reveals more about the nature of the fetus, there will be much less demand for abortions.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?:A little of both.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?:In a certain way, yes.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?:No.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?:If it is taught in a historic sense. The role that religion has played in U.S. history should not be ignored, but to stress it would also be wrong.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?:No
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?:No

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?:I support a united Ireland; it makes no sense to have the nation divided like it is.
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?:Yes
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?:No.
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?:Yes.
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?:No
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?:Yes.
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?:yes.
Is the United Nations still relevant?:Not really. When was it ever really helpful? It has accomplished some good, but a lot of it is just a joke.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?:Yes.
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?:Democracy
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?:WIth U.S. encouragement.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?:No
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?:Sadly, yes. Jordan should have incorporated the refugees into their country. The Arab nations have done little for the people in Palestine and they use them just to irritate Israel.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?:Yes
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?:No
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?:Yes.
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?:Continue multi-lateral discussions.
Should Taiwan be an independent state?:Yes
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?:No.
Should there be a European Union?:As long as countries do not give up sovereignty.
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?:Yes
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?:West should increase pressure
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?Yes.

PERSONAL
First Name: Abby

POLITICAL:
Republican or Democrat: I'm a registered Democrat, but I get pissed off at the party on a regular basis.
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Flaming liberal/borderline socialist
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): Republican, Condoleezza Rice; Democrat, Joe Biden or Mark Warner (yes, I spend too much time talking to U2democrat)...Id vote for Hillary, but deep in my heart I know it would be bad for the cause

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: Right now, a bad, bad idea, unfortunately.
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: Damned if I know. I'm no economist.
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: No.
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Fair trade.
Do you support Globalisation?: In some ways, yes; in others, no.
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: Not unless they're being replaced with different jobs as quickly as they're outsourced. I hate the fact that the American job market is basically being sold to the cheapest bidder.
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: Recessing. We have to measure our economic progress by the progress of the weakest and poorest, and by that measure, the American economy sucks ass.
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: Bad for Americans, obviously.
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: I sincerely doubt it.
Do you own stock?: You know, I have no idea. I think I have some financial holdings that are still actually my parents', so...I quite possibly could.

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: Even if we wanted to, we couldn't.
What should the government do with Social Security?: While I do like the idea of some very limited privatization, I fear for the future of SSI payments to the truly incapacitated should that happen--not merely the old who no longer work, but people who can't much work to begin with (the severely mentally ill or challenged, the severely physically challenged, etc.)
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: Health care--better to leave education to the states.
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: absolutely not.
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Mostly bad.
Gun Control: good or bad?: There should be some limits, but overall, I'm against the total banishment of guns. I always say I would be a hypocrite if I came out for gun control, because if I were living alone way out in the country (or in some urban jungle), you can bet I'd have a gun and know how to use it.

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?: Yes.
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: I don't know...on one hand, I'd say no, but we're spread so thin right now that I don't see how we can stand not to.
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: see previous answer
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: I believe in full nuclear disarmament at some point in the future, but then again, how can we dismantle our nukes when you know there are a few pointed right at us as we speak? It's a tough call.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: Yes.
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: Bad. Costly. Ineffective. Planning for a scenario that's somewhat unlikely to begin with.
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: I hope not.
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: Left as is, I guess.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?: Well, yes, but we need to diversify our tactics and work on stemming genocide and poverty as well.
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: Does picking off that North Korean lunatic in a midnight sniper attack count as an attack?

MORAL
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Christian
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: More than just Christmas or Easter, not *quite* regular...I'm working on that.
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: Gosh, no.
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: Absolutely.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: I'm into intelligent design + evolution, as a Christian and a thinking person.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: I'm not against it happening, but I'm not sure about it, either.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: Mmmmm...tough call. Maybe.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: In a purely comparative sense, yes. I have no problem with teaching students about religion or the role it has played in the formation of civilizations, so long as one faith is not portrayed as superior or preferred.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: I'm almost entirely in support of decriminalization.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: I truly think Ireland needs to give it up. The idea of a united Ireland simply isn't going to work. Not enough people really want it. I say Ireland and Northern Ireland need to go their separate ways for now and revisit the issue in a couple of generations when people aren't blowing up cars anymore.
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: Gah, sometimes I still don't know. I can't argue that the Iraqi people are better off without Saddam Hussein. On the other hand, a lot of those same Iraqi people are dead now. And a lot of American soldiers.
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: No, I know that much.
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: Not sure.
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: Yes.
Is the United Nations still relevant?: Well, maybe, but I'd like to see it have more teeth.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: Yes and no...obviously a lot has been done, but more will be needed.
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: I would like to see a democratic China and a free Tibet.
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: Sure, why not, we already have our thumbs in everyone else's pies.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: There should be a Palestinian state, but where it should do...well, you got me.
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: "Sadly, yes. Jordan should have incorporated the refugees into their country. The Arab nations have done little for the people in Palestine and they use them just to irritate Israel." --good response, I'm stealing it as mine
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: Just let them go already.
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: Yes.
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: Yes.
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Continue multi-lateral discussions/look into taking out Jong-Il
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: Wait until Castro dies.
Should there be a European Union?: Sure.
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Yes,.
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: Better diplomatic relations with the country, more support of activists like Aung San Suu Kyi.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: No.

This took me forEVER.

PERSONAL
First Name: Doug

Republican or Democrat: registered Republican
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: lean conservative
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): too early

ECONOMY
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: current policy is working well
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: generally, yes
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: free trade
Do you support Globalisation?: that is a loaded word
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: I’m not totally against the practice
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: slowly rising
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: allowing fluctuation is good
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: some will do better than others
Do you own stock?: yes

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: I would not make it the top priority at the expense of other matters
What should the government do with Social Security?: fix the ponzi scheme
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: education (we have no idea what we want in a health care system)
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: by who?
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: generally good
Gun Control: good or bad?: only masks the underlying problems

MILITARY
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: Yes
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: Some
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: No
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: Good
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: Left as is
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? Yes
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: Iran

MORAL
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Christian. I am an elder in a Presbyterian church, but I would not identify myself as “Presbyterian”.
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: You could never say “enough is being done”
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: No
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Depends on how you define the terms. Lets just say we have a Creator.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: Again, depends on the meaning of the term. God saying “Let there be light” would create an awfully big bang.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: Generally no
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Consider the role it plays in history, culture, etc. it would be negligent not to
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: We should continue efforts to keep controlled substances under control
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: If due process finds guilt, capital punishment is a valid response for a government.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?:
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: Yes
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: The UN should have done this a while ago.
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?: Member, yes. Primary fiscal supporter, no.
Is the United Nations still relevant?: To those who have faith in committees
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: That will take care of itself.
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: See above.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: No
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: Yes
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: No
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Save the people from their crazy leader
Should Taiwan be an independent state?: To what end?
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: Wait until this sad experiment in communism dies
Should there be a European Union?: Why not?
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Why not?
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: Yes

i don't have much time so i'll answer a few:
PERSONAL
First Name: Laura

Republican or Democrat: DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: LIBERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): D-Warner or Biden R-Frist

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: right now, bad.
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: no but not all outsourcing is preventable
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: rising...for now
Do you own stock?: no

SOCIAL
What should the government do with Social Security?: I don't know, but DON'T PRIVATIZE IT!!!!!!!! :mad:
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: health care
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: no
Gun Control: good or bad?: Good.

MILITARY
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: At this point in time yes
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: yes
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: Not yet...but possibly soon.
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: See above.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?: Yes

MORAL
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Christian-Protestant-Disciple of Christ
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Evolution
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: Possiblyl
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: Yes
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: taught-not preached
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: NO

WORLD
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: no
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: yes
Is the United Nations still relevant?: yes
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: yes

PERSONAL
First Name: Eddie

Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: None, libertarian
Rep. - Buchanan (not likely though) Dem. - Edwards
ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: Depends on circumstances
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: Don't know
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: Yes
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Free Trade is Fair Trade, provided it's genuinely free
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: Let the market decide
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: Rising slowly
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: don't know
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: Let the market decide - question of planning need not arise
Do you own stock?: small amount

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: don't know
What should the government do with Social Security?: don't know
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: health care
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: unsure
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: overall bad, some parts good

MILITARY
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: if testing weapons yes, however we need to develop alternative energy sources
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: bad
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: unsure
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? yes
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?:

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: Probably
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: lapsed R.C.
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: no, unless once a year qualifies as regular
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: Only in restricted cases
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Evolution probably but I'm not a biologist
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: Probably but I'm not an astrophysicist
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: No
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Certainly
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: Not in current form. In favour of legalising marijuana & ecstasy
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: Capital punishment should only be used very sparingly

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: A prosperous economy should make conflict a thing of the past
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: No, but it's irrelevant now
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?: Undecided
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: Don't know
Is the United Nations still relevant?: Yes but changes required
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: Democracy
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: up to the people of China
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: Yes
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: Don't know
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: Don't know
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: Don't know
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: Maybe get the Chinese to support an internal rebellion
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: loosen sanctions
Should there be a European Union?: Yes
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: Yes, Israel too
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?: Don't know
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: Yes but reforms are required

PERSONAL
First Name: Anne

Republican or Democrat: Democrat.
no thoughts yet

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: BAD
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: leave for now
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Fair Trade. You would think that if trade was free it would also be fair.
Do you support Globalisation?: Yes, for fair trade
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: I don't believe in making it easier for companies to outsource thus taking jobs away due to tax advantages, etc., but if outsourcing follows fair trade yes.
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: I think we are headed for hard times.
Do you own stock?: Through 401k. Can't afford to buy it.

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: I don't think that is possible now, but to cut taxes before paying it down is silly to me.
What should the government do with Social Security?: Either keep the program or insist that all employers maintain a program instead. I think it would be a mistake to leave the future of so many stuggling people in their own hands.
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: Education first, because if education is strong people should be able to secure better jobs and then can deal with health care costs better. I think college should be available to all people.
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: unsure
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: unsure

MILITARY
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: it should be based on demand.
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: No, unless forced to.
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: don't know
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: don't know
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? yes, as a defensive measure not an offensive one
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: I have to choose neither. I fully believe there has to be a better solution than to attack.

MORAL
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: yes, ucc.org
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: no no no no no it's an emergency!!
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: both
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: unsure
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: only if the person has legal documents stating that's what they want.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: If it is factual and diverse - yes. It is good knowledge for people to know what others are believing.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: yes

WORLD
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: US should have a plan to pull out and follow it
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: have we found bin laden?
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: yes HELP!
Is the United Nations still relevant?: should work to be
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: I think developed nations have acted very generously. If basic aid is still needed then we should do more.

PERSONAL
First Name: Julie

?

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: BAD
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: No, especially providing incentvies for Corps to outsource.
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall? headed towards severe destabalization, what that implies I'm not sure. Especiallt if we further overextend ourselves like attacking
Do you own stock?: 401k, used to own Mobil through a profit sharing pan

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: As muchj as possible and eliminate recent tax cuts especially Estate & dividend
What should the government do with Social Security?: Tweek it by raising the cap and adding means testing
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: Both
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: no. and they're going to close 12 more veterans hospitals
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Some parts are bad and should be eliminated

MILITARY
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: imaybe.
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: No, smarter not more. It should be cut for non-useful historical weaponry, cluster bombs and incendiary weapons should be eliminiated
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: seems to worthless at this point of time
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: NORAD needs to be updated
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? yes, as a defensive measure not an offensive one
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: None

MORAL
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: yes
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: somewhat
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: no no no
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: I can incorporated creation into the fact of evolution
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: if that's what the person wants
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: yes all religions should taught in general not specific detail
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: no

WORLD
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: soon, but I see permanent bases planned
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?:ni
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: YES
Is the United Nations still relevant?: Yes we should help strenghten it mainly by eliminating the veto
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: a good start

PERSONAL
First Name: David

Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Progressive
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): no idea. the answer will present itself, and the answer won't be the nominee, sadly.

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: bad in times of deficits; good in times of surplus
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: depends, i take these things on a case-by-case basis.
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall? overall, rising, but that could all change should Japan and China start thinking that the Euro is a better investment than the dollar.
Do you own stock?: nope.

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?: in a safe and sane way, we can start with the repeal of the Bush tax cuts.
What should the government do with Social Security?: raising the retirement age would solve a whole heck of a lot
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: if i had to choose, i'd have to say health care
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: no.
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: impossible to know at this point, but i do know that there's too much in there that frightens me; we cannot stop being the United States of America in order to defend the United States of America. but then again, another massive attack with mass casualties might make me throw ideals to the wind.

MILITARY
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: it's going to have to do something the way the Bush administration sees the role of the American military. anyone who thinks a draft is out of the quesiton is fooling themselves.
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: smarter weapons, not more weapons. good intelligence, however, is worth 100 smart weapons.
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: totally unnecessary and totally cost ineffective.
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: not yet.
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: no.
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: sadly going to have to plead ignorance.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? way too simplistic a question -- we need to fight with intelligence and Special Ops, not with batillions storming across the desert as Fox plays, "who let the dogs out"
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?: this is a bit like Sophie's Choice, isn't it? Iran, i suppose.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: agnostic.
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: confirmed Catholic; some sympathy and enjoyment of the culture, as opposed to the teachings.
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: i go on Christmas with my mom -- important to her, and i do enjoy the music.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Evolution. if we're going to have to slap "theory" in front of evolution, can we then refer to Creationism as "not yet a theory"
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: yes, but it is unfair to ask or require a doctor to euthanize a patient; so, actually, no, in the legal sense. what people do with their lives is their own business. there's always a way, and no one should suffer because of some bogus religious argument.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: in a historical/cultural sense, absolutely.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: no

WORLD
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: sadly, no
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?:no
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: Yes
Is the United Nations still relevant?: it is when we allow it to be
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: let's hope so.

PERSONAL
First Name:Bono

POLITICAL
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): Obama

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: Depends on time, not while defecit spending and supporting a war.
Free Trade or Fair Trade?:Fair
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?:No
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?:It sucks.
Do you own stock?:Yes

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?:ASAP
What should the government do with Social Security?:Not fuck it up.
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?:How do you do one without the other?
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?:probably not.
The Patriot Act: good or bad?:Shit
Gun Control: good or bad?:Good

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?:No
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?:As needed.
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?:The world should disarm.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?:Absolutely
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?:No, but it may if other action is taken right now.
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?:Only if they draft themselves.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?Terrorism should be ended, that's all I'll say.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?:Absolutely.
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?:Christian
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?:No
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?:No
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?:Until things change, yes.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?:They aren't exclusive.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: Something like that.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?:No
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?:What a joke.
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?:No.

WORLD
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?:No
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?:No
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?:No
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?:Yes
Is the United Nations still relevant?:It needs work.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?:Not in the current form that's taking place.

PERSONAL
First Name: Angela.

POLITICAL
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Liberal.
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): Heh, I know she isn't popular here, but I personally haven't had much complaint with Hilary Clinton. That Obama guy sounds pretty cool, too, though-I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him run for president.

SOCIAL
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Bad. It hasn't shown me good aspects of it since it's been implemented.
Gun Control: good or bad?: Good. Not to the point of banning guns, 'cause that won't solve squat, but basically I just feel owning a gun should be treated the same way owning a car is-you get a license, go through the training to use it properly, if you have your license with you and you're responsible with your gun, you can keep it. If you don't have your license and you're irresponsible, away it goes.

MILITARY
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?: No...I think we have more than enough weapons around, and I'd hope with having all those weapons around we know how they're meant to be used. If we don't know how to use them, we shouldn't be owning them.
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?: If we're expecting other countries in the world who have them to disarm their weapons, then yes, we should do the same. I'd love it if all nuclear weapons the world over were disarmed.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: Yeah. Especially if people are going to be disarming their weapons-kinda pointless to continue to test weapons you have no plans to use.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?: We should continue to fight terrorism, yes, but we need better methods for doing so.

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?: Yes.
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: Uh, well, my beliefs fall pretty closely towards those of the Unitarian Universalists, so I'd say yeah.
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: I think we have a good start in some ways, we just need to keep going.
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: Yes.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Theory of evolution.
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: *Shrugs* It's possible.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: Yes. If they want to end their suffering, they should be allowed to do so.
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: For historical purposes, yes. But the adminstrators shouldn't sit there and make the classes do things related to their particular religion.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: It isn't working the way it's being handled now, so no.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: Well, those peace talks in the late 90s were a good start, things were actually happening with those, so I'd say we should continue with those. I don't take sides in this conflict-both sides have been guilty of hurting each other, both sides have their prejudices they need to work out.
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: Yes.
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: Considering the Taliban are slowly coming back in, it doesn't seem we're getting the things accomplished there that we want accomplished there, so perhaps we should let the Afghanis deal with this problem in the way they see fit.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: From what I've heard, it sounds like people are doing as much as they can, and any generosity, no matter how big or small, is okay in my book.
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: I think that's for China to decide.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: No, 'cause all that's going to do is piss off Israel and not help the situation. Personally, I think both sides should just share the land and not have their little states, but I guess that's hoping for too much.
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?: If Israel gets a state, why shouldn't Palestine?
Should Taiwan be an independent state?: That's for Taiwan to decide.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: If they've actually done something serious, if they've actually committed a horrific crime, yeah, they should be punished.

Angela

PERSONAL
First Name: Isik

POLITICAL (I know these dont really apply to me but it might provide some answers)
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist:Liberal
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party):Hillary Clinton

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?:Good, if used sensibly.
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?:lower
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?:yes
Free Trade or Fair Trade?:free trade can be fair
Do you support Globalisation?:Yes
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?:yes
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?:doing ok
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?:good
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?not at all
Do you own stock?:no

SOCIAL
Do you believe the government should pay down the National Debt immediately?:No.
What should the government do with Social Security?:privatise
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?:education

Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?:No
The Patriot Act: good or bad?:bad
Gun Control: good or bad?:Good, should be increased

MILITARY
Do you think that the size of America's military is too large?:yes
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?:No
Should the government commit more money to military weapons research?:Yes.
Should America disarm (some or all of) its nuclear weapons?:yes, not only US, but russia, india, pakistan and every other state which has them.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?:Yes
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: Id say its a bit pointless at this time.
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?:no
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?:eek:h no
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?:decreased, if it can be put to better use domestically.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror?Yes.
Pick one to attack (you can't choose "neither"): North Korea or Iran?:I dont want another pointless war to tear this place (middle east) apart, on the other hand N korea has only about 10 or so nukes compared to a couple of thousand US has... North korea

MORAL
Do you believe in a God/Supreme Being?:Yes
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?:Nope
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?:Nope
AIDS in Africa is enough being done?:No

Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?:yes.
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?:evolution
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?:yes
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?:yes
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?:philosophy and history of religions should be taught, how they started and became prominent, because after all it is knowledge. Religions themselves dont belong in schools.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?:Yes, but they should fight a better war.
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?:No

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?:I can see a referendum being held, if both sides say yes, why not.
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?:no
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?:Nope, its too late now.
Should the US pressure South American countries to be harder on the drug producers?:Yes.
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?:No, they are doing a good job . NATO should be more involved there.
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?:Yes.
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?:yes.
Is the United Nations still relevant?:unfortunately its been trivialized as a result of both US policy and structural problems. security council must be restructred, as well as some of the agencies.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?:I cant say enough looking at the extent of the destruction.
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?democracy
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?:With U.S. encouragement.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?:yes
Should there be a Palestinian State at all?:yes.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?:no, they can not fight the whole population, they can not win the fight without their support. id say offer the people a better life and win their hearts and minds, then start working.
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?:No, NATO should have a certain amount of security forces though.
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?:no, NATO should be involved instead.
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?:Work with china to disarm N korea and dismantle its regime.
Should Taiwan be an independent state?:Yes
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?:No.
Should there be a European Union?:yes
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?:Yes
Should something be done about the situation in Burma/Myanmar? If so, what?:well, i cant really see the US stepping in since it doesnt promote their political goals. so working with other regional countries to dismantle burma's junta seems to be reasonable.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?No

Just answering a few I feel like answering....

PERSONAL
First Name: Lies

POLITICAL
Republican or Democrat: Republican
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Centrist often leaning conservative

ECONOMY
Tax Cuts: Good or bad?: depends, right now, bad
Do you support Globalisation?: yes
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: yes as long as the companies are not blatantly exploiting people and making their lives worse
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: rising
Do you own stock?: heh, a tiny bit

SOCIAL

MILITARY
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: as long as people continue to voluntarily enlist
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: no way
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: never, won't even need to anyway

MORAL
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: yes, the Christian Reformed Church (Protestant -> Calvinist)
Are you a regular church/temple/synagoguegoer?: I am a professing member of a local church but I usually go to Bedside Baptist w/ Pastor Pillow if you know what I mean
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: hell no
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: absolutely not unless there are SERIOUS health risks (like death or being a vegetable) for mother and/or baby or the pregnancy is a result of rape or incest
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: a little of both and it's not really that important to me
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: nah, well, maybe but I don't believe it's how the world began
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: To deny that certain religions and ideas about God exists is just stupid, as long as they're objectively taught ALL of the most popular schools of thought

PERSONAL
First Name: Carrie

Republican or Democrat: Neither, am not a registered member of a political party and do not plan to be
Liberal/Conservative/Centrist: Moderate on most issues, conservative on some, liberal on none.
Who should be the 2008 Presidential Nominee (either party): Too soon to think about it IMO...

ECONOMY
Should the Treasury Department raise or lower the interest rate?: Not sure but I plan on buying a house in just over a year so if they could wait til then...
Do you support the NAFTA/FTAA agreements?: Not really
Free Trade or Fair Trade?: Free Trade
Do you support Globalisation?: Not at all.
Do you support the outsourcing of jobs?: Not at all.
Do you believe the economy is rising or recessing overall?: It appears to be coming out of a terrible recession. Even with the roadblock 9/11 caused, it seems to be improving.
Do you think the falling value of the US dollar is good or bad?: Not great but not bad.
Do you believe that the Western economies are planning appropriately for the rise of the Asian economy?: Haven't a clue.

SOCIAL
What should the government do with Social Security?: Slowly eliminate it as it exist in its current state.
Should the government focus more on funding health care or education (cannot choose "neither")?: Education.
Do you believe the country's veterans are being adequately supported?: No and I do not believe they are adequately appreciated either.
The Patriot Act: good or bad?: Don't like it. It is far to invasive.
Gun Control: good or bad?: Bad because the laws that already exist are broken by people who have no regard for the law.

MILITARY
Should the military continue to build up its numbers?: Most definitely.
Nuclear testing: Should it stop?: No but new methods must be found in order to acurately test our arsenal.
Ballistic Missile Defense: good or bad?: Good
Is a Draft needed to stabilise the situation in Iraq?: Not at all.
Should the Bush administration implement the Draft?: No because it is not needed.
Should NORAD's funding be increased, decreased, or left as is?: It is hard to say. If more money would improve its present state then certainly increase it. Decrease though. No.
Should the US Government continue the War on Terror? Yes.

MORAL
Do you belong to any particular religion or denomination?: I am a believer that attends a Southern Baptist church. Make of that what you will.
AIDS in Africa: is enough being done?: This is a case where more is more.
Do you support a woman's choice to get a legal abortion?: No
Do you subscribe to the belief in Creation or the Theory of Evolution?: Creation
Do you believe that the Big Bang happened?: Not in terms of it having occurred billions of years ago.
Do you support the idea of euthanasia for the terminally ill or those in a permanent vegetative state?: No
Should the idea of God or gods be taught in public schools?: Not from a spritual perspective.
Should the US continue the War on Drugs?: Um. I am drawn on this issue.
Should capital punishment for criminals continue?: Yes.

WORLD
Northern Ireland: What should be done? Do you support one side or the other?: What should be done is all the thugs that were released from prision under the Good Friday Accord should be put back where they belong. That would be a start. And I support the side of the people. The real people in that country, who have, in spite of what a minority of the population there have been responisble for, have managed to carry on with their lives. The terroists though well I answered that in the first portion of my response.
Should the US have gone to war with Iraq?: Yes
Should the US pull out of Iraq immediately?: No. Pulling out is not prevention.
Should the US pull out of Afghanistan immediately?: No. See comment on Iraq question.
Should the UN/US get involved in the situation in Darfur, Sudan?: The UN sucks but yeh they should address the situation there.
Should the US be a member of the United Nations?: Well the UN sucks so I dunno.
Is the United Nations still relevant?: The UN sucks.
Have developed nations done enough for tsunami aid?: Yes as much as they can do at present.
Should China be a democracy or continue how it is going?: The political system in that country will self destruct eventually.
If yes, how should this be done? US involvement?: Self distructive situation there.
Should there be a Palestinian State in the area currently Israel?: No.
Should the Russian government continue to try suppressing the insurrection in Chechnya?: What is the other option? Send in the UN? Um.... no. The UN sucks.
Should there still be UN involvement in Bosnia?: The UN sucks.
Should there still be UN involvement in Kosovo?: The UN sucks.
Should something be done about North Korea? If so, what?: I think the leader of North Korea should have his televisions taken away and then have them given to the citizens who are not allowed to legally own them. That would be the first step; I mean Andy Griffth reruns on NickatNite work wonders. Also, I think Kim Jong-il should do something about that Jiffy Pop hair do. He would have a better self image and probably be an all around happier person.
Should Taiwan be an independent state?: I really have no idea.
Should something be done about the current situation in Cuba? If so, should it be tighter controls or should the US loosen sanctions?: I think the US should plot to assasinate Castro. That may do the trick. Maybe someone high up will think of that.
Should there be a European Union?: It is something that was inevitable. More things are yet to come.
Should Turkey be admitted to the European Union?: It will be.
Do you support the detainment of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay?: Yes.

Back
Top Bottom