the trading of culture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
as the most dominant cultural force on the globe, the united states has a vested interest in maintaining its present levels of exporting cultural products. the us makes more money exporting movies than airplanes. so the us is very open to cultural trade.

a nation like france however is very protectionist in their treatment of cultural trade. Culture Minister Catherine Tasca opposes the inclusion of the word 'culture' in any trade agreement in which France is involved. She believes that such an inclusion is allowing for the commodification of cultural goods.

does anyone have any thoughts about the international trade of cultural goods/products(your viewpoint generally predetermines your phrasing)?

i hate when i have to sound out posts...commodification

kobayashi said:
a nation like france however is very protectionist in their treatment of cultural trade. Culture Minister Catherine Tasca opposes the inclusion of the word 'culture' in any trade agreement in which France is involved. She believes that such an inclusion is allowing for the commodification of cultural goods.

uhhm..berets? brie? are these not "french cultural" items?

or perhaps i don't understand what the arguement is....:scratch: which is likely.

Back
Top Bottom