The Tea Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is just an idiot. I just can't see her getting passed the primaries. Hopefully she gets torn to shreds by the other GOP candidates.

But her personality will take her far. I just hope there are enough smart people to see through her bullshit.

You can't delete a post, so a lot of people will go back and edit to just leave a period, since you can't post nothing when you go back to edit.

The Democrats' Fake Hate Crime [Mark Steyn]

On March 20th, something truly extraordinary happened. On the eve of the health care vote, a group of black Democrat Congressmen (eschewing the private tunnels they usually use to cross from their offices to the Capitol) chose to walk en masse through a crowd of protesters, confident that the knuckledragging Tea Party goons they and their media pals have reviled for a year now would respond with racial epithets.

And then, when the crowd didn't, the black Congressmen made it up anyway. Representative Andre Carson (Democrat, Indiana) insisted he heard the N-word 15 times. He's either suffering from the same condition as that Guam-flipper from Georgia, or he's a liar. At a scene packed not only with crews from the Dem poodle media but with a gazillion cellphone cameras, not one single N-word has been caught on audio. (By contrast, see my post yesterday for how easy it is to get it on tape when real epithets are flying.)

I disagree with John Lewis (Democrat, Georgia) politically but I have always respected him as a genuine civil rights warrior. And I feel slightly queasy at the thought that he would dishonor both the movement and his own part in it for the cheapest of partisan points - in the same way I would be disgusted by a Holocaust survivor painting a swastika on his own door and blaming it on his next-door neighbor over a boundary dispute.

But that's what the Democratic Party has been reduced to - faking hate crimes as pathetically as any lonely, mentally ill college student. Congressmen Carson, Lewis, Cleaver and the rest have turned themselves into the Congressional equivalent of the Duke University stripper. Except that they're not some penniless loser but a group of important, influential lifetime legislators enjoying all the privileges and perquisites of power, and in all probability acting at the behest of the Democrat leadership.

Isn't that what societies with functioning media used to call "a story"?

Apparently not. As they did at Duke, the brain-dead press went along with it - and so, predictably enough, did much of the Republican leadership.

What Mark Steyn has just done, and if he had the mental capacity he'd recognize, is just taken part in the same he said/ she said that he's accused others of doing.

Without evidence either way that's all this is...

Why is it so hard to believe that there might be a few racist assholes in the group of supporters? Why is it so important to try and discredit the senators who said they were called names?

Guess it's better to call the congressmen liars than to dare suggest that there are some whackjobs on your side.

Honestly, I think that makes the doubters look even worse. What would be gained by making up stories about being called awful names? Sympathy? How would that help with health care? Other congressmen would change their minds and vote for it? A dire need by the media to make the tea baggers look crazy? Please - many of them are doing that just fine on their own.

No one got it on tape or video, so I guess it never happened. Spare me the bullshit, call a racist a racist and move on.

Why is it so hard to believe that there might be a few racist assholes in the group of supporters? Why is it so important to try and discredit the senators who said they were called names?

Guess it's better to call the congressmen liars than to dare suggest that there are some whackjobs on your side.

Honestly, I think that makes the doubters look even worse. What would be gained by making up stories about being called awful names? Sympathy? How would that help with health care? Other congressmen would change their minds and vote for it? A dire need by the media to make the tea baggers look crazy? Please - many of them are doing that just fine on their own.

No one got it on tape or video, so I guess it never happened. Spare me the bullshit, call a racist a racist and move on.

I agree. I think, unfortunately, there a bunch of extremists that are giving a bad name to the Conservatives/Republicans. What's really sad is, unless if I have missed it, the right wing is not denouncing their behavior. If anything, that would be the smart thing to do, I would think, so that their whole party isn't branded/associated with the racist/homophobic extreme right.

I agree. I think, unfortunately, there a bunch of extremists that are giving a bad name to the Conservatives/Republicans. What's really sad is, unless if I have missed it, the right wing is not denouncing their behavior. If anything, that would be the smart thing to do, I would think, so that their whole party isn't branded/associated with the racist/homophobic extreme right.

Instead they drum David Frum out, and Lindsey Graham may not be far behind.
Honestly, I think my shitty Governor, Tim Pawlenty, is kind of a pivotal figure for the GOP at this point in history. He has solid conservative cred, is a natural for the 2012 nomination, but he is teetering on embracing the Tea Party (or at least not denouncing the BS). We'll see.

Which politicians have denounced their behaviour?

Frum did and got booted. The AM guys practically built it so they deny, deny, deny...

So where's the denouncing?

Which politicians have denounced their behaviour?

Frum did and got booted. The AM guys practically built it so they deny, deny, deny...

So where's the denouncing?

I think 2861U2 is being facetious and is winding me up. :)

So did the hundreds of journalists, policemen and electronic recording devices present at the event.

Since when have you started believing journalists?

What do policemen have to do with it?

Do you have a link to that compilation of the hundred recording devices present? Can you please share? Thanks...

I think 2861U2 is being facetious and is winding me up. :)

No, there was a denouncing. I remember seeing something - on the Fox news site, no less* - that someone in the Repub party gave a statement or something. A congressman? Senator? Something like that. It was the day after it had happened, or the day after that.

*I was only on the Fox News site to find links for my mom, because sadly, it was the only news source she'd believe about the incident. If it was reported anywhere else, then apparently it didn't happen. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom