The Tea Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But do regular folks fear tax cuts...or do they fear tax increases?

They should if they could do simple math.

Hmmm, I see our government wagin wars, or building stock piles of arms, AND they are cutting my taxes... yeah this won't lead to problems.

Unfortunately common sense isn't that common anymore.

Will the informed intelligent tea bagger(if you exist) please stand up?

political-pictures-offical-sign-pro.jpg

Will the Photoshopper of that picture please stand up?

That's been the narrative of liberal political operatives since the town halls. "Opposition to the far leftwing policies of this Congress and president is based either on ignorance or hate."

And some of you dutifully pass it on, willfully smearing your fellow countrymen in the process.

I'd say pointing and laughing at some of the signs is mocking the opposition, not smearing. Which, granted, is not productive.

But I'm not going to feel bad about it. It's either point and laugh, or cry with frustrated rage.

you actually are right, it isnt very productive. but then again what does trying to have intelligent discourse really do? it hasnt been very productive either

Will the Photoshopper of that picture please stand up?

That's been the narrative of liberal political operatives since the town halls. "Opposition to the far leftwing policies of this Congress and president is based either on ignorance or hate."

And some of you dutifully pass it on, willfully smearing your fellow countrymen in the process.

Well show me differently. I'm being serious, show me ONE intelligent, informed spokesperson that aligns themself with this group.

Because I haven't found one.

Oh so i should agree with all my fellow countrymens beliefs, i think they tried that everyone thinking the same way thing in Germany in the '30s. and you are only against the "smearing" of republicans. its totally fine with you that liberals get called baby killers, terrorist sympathisers, communists..etc.

I'd say pointing and laughing at some of the signs is mocking the opposition, not smearing. Which, granted, is not productive.

But I'm not going to feel bad about it. It's either point and laugh, or cry with frustrated rage.

Maybe when the Tea Party becomes more unionized organized they'll switch to the less passionate generic pre-printed signs.

20090625cnsbr00209.jpg

Ha ha. Yeah, but you have a better chance of not having your sign misspelled if you're not doing it yourself. :wink:

But seriously, I didn't realize that hand-made signs meant I was more passionate about what the sign says. I'll make sure to make sure I use glitter pens and macaroni art next time I join a protest. That should do it, and everyone will know just how passionate I am.

Maybe when the Tea Party becomes more unionized organized they'll switch to the less passionate generic pre-printed signs.

looking organised vs looking like a moron passionate?

gee i can't decide.

not to mention knowing how intelligent the leaders of this tea party thing are, i wouldn't expect better spelling, fact checking or....well, anything.

Ha ha. Yeah, but you have a better chance of not having your sign misspelled if you're not doing it yourself. :wink:

But seriously, I didn't realize that hand-made signs meant I was more passionate about what the sign says. I'll make sure to make sure I use glitter pens and macaroni art next time I join a protest. That should do it, and everyone will know just how passionate I am.

Sounds very high school spirit clubish.

You betcha! I have every intention of making my voice heard in regards to such an important topic as the theme of this year's prom.

I mean, if they think they're just going to force "Enchantment Under the Sea" on us, they have another think coming.

No, but you're sure welcome to join the astronomy club, and maybe someday you will be that astronaut!

looking organised vs looking like a moron passionate?

gee i can't decide.

not to mention knowing how intelligent the leaders of this tea party thing are, i wouldn't expect better spelling, fact checking or....well, anything.

Bono singing in the moment with the occasional wtf lyric or bum note vs Bono lip-synching.

gee, i can't decide.

WTF does that have to do with anything. OMG your whole argument is based on the fact that someone has a professionally printed sign and not a hand made one?? wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom