The Tea Party - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #1001
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
This seems a rather convenient brush to tar people with, isn't it? Do you have specific substantiation for this claim? Or is it just another "Well, you know how they are" insinuation?

I'm not sure that's accurate. Not agreeing with what the government is doing is very different from not understanding how it works.

Actually, it seems like they are shouting dissent in the name of patriotism. Which isn't that far off from what the Left was doing two years ago.

In the thread about the AZ bill, I notice a lack of substantive alternatives being offered. So why should this poster?

I don't know an awful lot about the Tea Party -- I don't roll with anyone from their ranks -- but I'm a bit tired of the mindset that belittles anyone who disagrees with you for being small-minded bigots. It's an easy charge to lob, but it has far less basis in reality than we'd like. It conveniently does away with having to engage people who think differently, and it's one of the real obstacles to actual genuine political change.
Excellent Post Nathan . The midset that belittles anyone who disagress. thats exactly it. It is a divsion from the real issue or purpose at hand.

It has grown to hate in many. I dont hate anyone, and I expect no one to agree with me. It's the fact if we can't have the discussion any discussion, there is nothing left.

We are all in this together, and many with true ways and ideas, and many trying to take us down a road we may not like. There is no more important time in our history, for us to learn to talk and be civil again.

we have to.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #1002
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
This seems a rather convenient brush to tar people with, isn't it? Do you have specific substantiation for this claim? Or is it just another "Well, you know how they are" insinuation?
I don't have time to go back through the thread and look for all the posts I've already made of their stupid signs equating Obama with Hitler. If you can't remember all that then you haven't been paying attention anyway.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #1003
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
but I am sick of the hate and anger that is being promoted

Then you might want to look closer at this fringe group you think is so noble and upstanding.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #1004
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
but I'm a bit tired of the mindset that belittles anyone who disagrees with you for being frightened, small-minded bigots.

Birthers, homophobes, and those who think Obama is Stalin are frightened and small-minded.

When conservatives get some sensible people speaking for them again, I'll listen.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #1005
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
I don't have time to go back through the thread and look for all the posts I've already made of their stupid signs equating Obama with Hitler. If you can't remember all that then you haven't been paying attention anyway.
Wasn't so long ago FYMers were equating Bush with Hitler or Stalin too. So there you go.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #1006
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Over 1000 posts.