the surge is working!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried typing a response to the initial "just tell Israel what to do" suggestion, but found it impossible.

i apologize for the scorn. perhaps silence would have been better.

You can't honestly believe we still need to "stick to the path!!! lolz" when there was never any plan to begin with? When Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11?

IrishDawg said:
You can't honestly believe we still need to "stick to the path!!! lolz" when there was never any plan to begin with? When Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11?

Iraq has to do with Saddam Hussein. That has already been stated.

struckpx said:

Iraq has to do with Saddam Hussein. That has already been stated.

So when the link between Saddam and Al-Queda proved to be false, how'd you react?

LemonMacPhisto said:

So when the link between Saddam and Al-Queda proved to be false, how'd you react?

Fine. I supported the war all along. Who wouldn't? Saddam Hussein was an insane human being who could have attacked any of our allies at any given point and hurt our national interests.

struckpx said:

Fine. I supported the war all along. Who wouldn't? Saddam Hussein was an insane human being who could have attacked any of our allies at any given point and hurt our national interests.

There's no doubt Hussein was a autocratic tyrant, but using that same logic, why haven't we struck Kim Jong-Il North Korea?

Sting2, I hear you.
National interests = the oil that belongs to us, only to us, no one else, only us.

Saddam Hussein neither had any ABC weapons nor was his army in any shape to attack us. It just took sources from Afghanistan, which now doesn't look that good either.

LemonMacPhisto said:

There's no doubt Hussein was a autocratic tyrant, but using that same logic, why haven't we struck Kim Jong-Il North Korea?

b/c he's giving up his technology. he is negotiating with us. Saddam Hussein was giving that opportunity, for 10+ years with the UN nuclear weapons inspection teams. He continually didn't allow them access to everything, therefore he lost his chance.

So it's okay for the US to take it upon themselves to bomb a country without UN sanctions?

As many have stated here before, it should've been between the UN and Iraq, never the US.

So there are not millions of people with a lack of proper food, starving, struggling for basic freedom rights, under a retarded dictator enjoying movies in his private cinema room in North Korea?

I directly blame the CIA and other intelligence services, not Bush. I believe he was misled.

Vincent Vega said:
So there are not millions of people with a lack of proper food, starving, struggling for basic freedom rights, under a retarded dictator enjoying movies in his private cinema room in North Korea?

So there were not hundreds of thousands Kurds, Shi'ite's that were executed and brutally murdered in Iraq b/c of Saddam Hussein. Not a good argument.

struckpx said:

what does that have to do with anything? in order to support wars you have to be enlisted? that's original.

It has a lot to do with the ease of supporting a war you don't have to fight. I think if your "patriotic" ass were on the line for all these wars you want to start all over the world, you'd be singing a different tune.

struckpx said:

So there were not hundreds of thousands Kurds, Shi'ite's that were dying in Iraq b/c of Saddam Hussein. Not a good argument.

No, it's a perfectly reasonable argument. Both are tyrants keeping their people in abject poverty while having absolute power.

Plus, it was at least confirmed that North Korea possessed nuclear weapons. Do you remember the nuclear bomb test in '06?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yet you blame Clinton? Wow, your bias isn't transparent...

yes, for 9/11 i do blame clinton. for the iraqi war intelligence, i blame the CIA and FBI.

martha said:

It has a lot to do with the ease of supporting a war you don't have to fight. I think if your "patriotic" ass were on the line for all these wars you want to start all over the world, you'd be singing a different tune.

stfu. don't tell me when or how to be patriotic. if the time calls, i will proudly serve my country.

martha said:
Nice. :up: What an intelligent response. :up:

The time is here, son. If you genuinely believe this war is worth fighting, then the time is here.

you don't know what i am doing, so don't make accusations. who says that i am not? i would be saying my future collegiate plans, but i have learned that i will not discuss personal situations on this forum.

struckpx said:

So there were not hundreds of thousands Kurds, Shi'ite's that were executed and brutally murdered in Iraq b/c of Saddam Hussein. Not a good argument.

The argument is, that Kim Yong Ill isn't the better guy only because he "negotiated".
The argument is, that you can't say it was right to invade country X with dictator X, and leave out country Y with dictator Y, with such a poor justification, and such a low backing from other countries and the UN.
The argument is, that there was no deer need in ending the brutal dictatorship in Iraq, that wasn't in another country, either. Like the Darfur region in the Sudan, where at the same time the process of a genocide was already going on. Something we said "Never again!" in 1945, in 1993, in 1995, and in the years in between.

Forget it. Sorry Irvine, but this isn't going anywhere.

Several people in here could stand to bite their tongue a little more often when they know they've got nothing constructive to say. That would help a lot to avoid careening train wrecks like this ensuing.

struckpx said:
Remember what we talked about--you can consider this a second formal warning. I don't care what anyone's tone with you was like, this is never an acceptable response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom