the surge is working!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
struckpx said:
he just criticizes my comments b/c he doesn't think they are "educated."

Show me they are and I'll back off.

struckpx said:

everything is liberal or it isn't worth his time of day.
You keep saying this, but it's completely untrue and you haven't done anything to show it's true.

anitram said:

May I recommend the Ignore List button? :drool:

You're probably right, but wouldn't I be missing most of the conversation?

I shouldn't have been so rash in the first place, so I really am sorry for that.

struckpx said:

towards you? I wouldn't blame any of us.

Most people on this site respect her and, whether they agree or disagree with her, want to read what she has to say because she's informed and well spoken.

You, on the other hand, are ill-informed at best and very quickly have managed to upset/anger a lot of people. Does that mean nothing to you? Is it "them" as opposed to it perhaps being "you"?

Lord knows FYM is not always littered with 100% objective people, but you're making even the worst of them look highly rational.

So, my advice to you is to either tone down your rhetoric, or at least back up your arguments with some variety of information, preferably the kind that's actually true. Because right now, you're not educating anyone, you're not informing anyone, you're not promoting a healthy debate, you're just agitating everyone.

Just my 2 cents.

No spoken words said:

You, on the other hand, are ill-informed at best and very quickly have managed to upset/anger a lot of people. Does that mean nothing to you? Is it "them" as opposed to it perhaps being "you"?

Just my 2 cents.

So I am ill-informed b/c I am new. The reason why I am reasoned like that here is because I am not given the chance to be listened too.

No, you'e not ill-informed because you are new. How do you even take that away from what I said? You could post here for 100 years, and I suspect you'd be equally ill-informed. And equally obtuse. You don't listen, you just read and react.

I've read a ton of your posts, I've yet to reply to any, until now. I've "given you a chance", etc. Now, after giving you a chance, I'm stating my opinion. You can dismiss it if you like, and I'm not going to get into a debate with you over my own opinion, but there you have it...completely unbiased, completely typed after reading myirad posts by you, and completely honest.

No spoken words said:
No, you'e not ill-informed because you are new. How do you even take that away from what I said? You could post here for 100 years, and I suspect you'd be equally ill-informed. And equally obtuse. You don't listen, you just read and react.

I've read a ton of your posts, I've yet to reply to any, until now. I've "given you a chance", etc. Now, after giving you a chance, I'm stating my opinion. You can dismiss it if you like, and I'm not going to get into a debate with you over my own opinion, but there you have it...completely unbiased, completely typed after reading myirad posts by you, and completely honest.

Whatever. I am sorry that I am not anti-war.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

See this guy was just trying to help you out and you dismissed him, not even know what his true stance is...:|

What are you talking about. Everyone here seriously needs to lay off my back. You guys are really frustrating me. I haven't done anything wrong, other than disagree about the Iraq war and other issues. I am sorry if I have differing view points.

But you don't even know my point of view, that's BVS' point. For all you know, I agree with your general views but cannot stand an improperly formed argument. That's his point.

No spoken words said:
But you don't even know my point of view, that's BVS' point. For all you know, I agree with your general views but cannot stand an improperly formed argument. That's his point.

Well, from the first post that you gave me, the viewpoint that you have towards me is negative.

struckpx said:

I haven't done anything wrong, other than disagree about the Iraq war and other issues.

Did you miss my posts where you called people idiots and a girl 'missy'?

Still think you did nothing wrong?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Did you miss my posts where you called people idiots and a girl 'missy'?

Still think you did nothing wrong?

you didn't even read my whole post. that is what angers me. you butcher it. i apologize for those words however.

struckpx said:

I am not far-right, lmao. I am not affiliated with any party. I just go w/ what I think is right, a.k.a. independent. Next time don't label me, which you asked for me to not do as well.

Which is why you labeled me as a liberal, right? Very hypocritical.

struckpx said:

which is why you labeled me first as a conservative.

At what point did I do this?

Look, struck, we are all frustrated with you, not because you are conservative, but because when people make a counter-argument, you only do one of three things:

1. Get defensive and begin name calling.
2. Make a counter-argument which doesn't relate to the original argument.
3. Make a counter-argument based on little to no fact whatsoever.

anyways, I am done w/ this thread. My position has been stated. fun times debating.....

Do you agree with what I've said, then?

Have you found a time when I've accused you of being conservative?

phillyfan26 said:
Do you agree with what I've said, then?

Have you found a time when I've accused you of being conservative?

No, you called me a conservative. But that is not important.

struckpx said:

No, you called me a conservative. But that is not important.

Proof?

ETA - I have mine:

struckpx said:

yes, you are also a liberal who has supported everything they have said. of course you would get along.

Irvine, to get back on topic: I disagree with your thread title, the surge isn't working. :ignoressarcasm:

:wink:

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

it is so working.

i keep getting confused by you. you are for it at times, but also against it at others?

I agree it is working. If you look the number of violence in areas that this new wave of extra troops have been able to penetrate, violence has decreased dramatically.

Wow. So, uh ... I can see this heat wave in North America has riled ya'll up pretty good. :wink:

Mr. Struck, I do believe Mr. Irvine is employing sarcasm with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom