the surge is working! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #81
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,957
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


i agree. more time needs to be given to let the government in iraq mature.


totally! after all, just one more year and another thousand or so more dead Soviets would have made Afghanistan into practically the 51st state!

come on, people! we know the task at hand. Saddam was a monster, and destroying his government was easy, now we just need to give the liberated Iraqis 30-40 years and an endless supply of dead American kids and tax dollars to build a totally friendly democracy.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #82
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I see you agree with Bin Laden now, how very convenient.
the bin laden of 1980, yes we do.
__________________

struckpx is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #83
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,957
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I see you agree with Bin Laden now, how very convenient.


if the Soviets had any BALLS there never would have bin a Bin Laden!

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:02 PM
No he has consistently claimed to have defeated the Atheistic Empire just as he will defeat you, it's the will of God after all.
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #85
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511


if the Soviets had any BALLS there never would have bin a Bin Laden!

Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!
(except for Liberal Democrats)
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #86
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511



come on, people! we know the task at hand. Saddam was a monster, and destroying his government was easy, now we just need to give the liberated Iraqis 30-40 years and an endless supply of dead American kids and tax dollars to build a totally friendly democracy.
alright that comment makes me mad. the men and women who die there are giving their lives for us who live here. we honor them, look up to them. don't act like they are numbers, for they are more than that. although, overall our numbers have been very successful regarding overall casualties in iraq.
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:16 PM   #87
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,957
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


alright that comment makes me mad. the men and women who die there are giving their lives for us who live here. we honor them, look up to them. don't act like they are numbers, for they are more than that. although, overall our numbers have been very successful regarding overall casualties in iraq.


i agree! our young men and women are heros who should be honored for being sent by our president to die policing an Arab civil war created by our president when he decided to overthrow Saddam for purely political reasons.

the truth: only a genuine Empire could have sucessfully invaded and occupied Iraq. it would take a real Empire, with compulsory conscription, tand 4 imes the current level of troops and the willingness to use crushing, Saddam-like violence in order to subjugate the population into bending to the requirements of a democracy.

no American has the stomach for that. no American wants that to be the business of the United States.

a pity the sentimental neocon fools didn't listen to the libeals to begin with.

it's all over next March.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #88
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar




Show me how this statement is anything but ignorance.

I dare you.

Guess not.
BVS is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #89
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




i agree! our young men and women are heros who should be honored for being sent by our president to die policing an Arab civil war created by our president when he decided to overthrow Saddam for purely political reasons.

the truth: only a genuine Empire could have sucessfully invaded and occupied Iraq. it would take a real Empire, with compulsory conscription, tand 4 imes the current level of troops and the willingness to use crushing, Saddam-like violence in order to subjugate the population into bending to the requirements of a democracy.

no American has the stomach for that. no American wants that to be the business of the United States.

a pity the sentimental neocon fools didn't listen to the libeals to begin with.

it's all over next March.
it would take years to move out of iraq. so, i don't know where you get this philosophy that we can pack it up and jet out.
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


it would take years to move out of iraq. so, i don't know where you get this philosophy that we can pack it up and jet out.
You did it in Vietnam, Lebanon, Somalia etc.
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #91
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
You did it in Vietnam, Lebanon, Somalia etc.
yes, our infrastructure is much more built in in iraq. plus we just purchased a very expensive embassy there. don't expect us to emigrate anytime soon.
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #92
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,957
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


it would take years to move out of iraq. so, i don't know where you get this philosophy that we can pack it up and jet out.


Bush has left us with no good options.

as a supporter of the war, i can easily say to you, "it's your fucking fault, you figure the shit out."

but you people have been wrong about absolutely *everything* so i suppose that would cause the Iraqi people even more unspeakable suffering.

i don't know what to do, but i know the status quo is garbage, and has been since the war was conceived of way back in 2001. i do think that the more we pull back, the more the Iraqis will be forced to do something, and it might well be that there's an Arab suicide nightmare just waiting to happen, not just in Iraq but in Gaza as well.

i just don't want American kids in the middle of it.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #93
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 08:02 AM
do the idiots not get the bigger picture about what happens if the U.S. leaves: ultimately the Saudis and Iran will go at it. Now, with the Turks increasingly trying to gain presence in the area, they might join in the fight. This will turn into World War III.

Do you think about that? No. you think about getting the fuck out instead. Well, we would be dragged right back in if Saudi Arabia were to get involved with Iran. So, might as well stay.
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


yes, our infrastructure is much more built in in iraq. plus we just purchased a very expensive embassy there. don't expect us to emigrate anytime soon.
You do know that you have systematically justified every deranged rant from the kooks at Democratic Underground and Daily Kos from the Oil to the replacing Iraqi leadership to the permanent bases.
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx
do the idiots not get the bigger picture about what happens if the U.S. leaves: ultimately the Saudis and Iran will go at it. Now, with the Turks increasingly trying to gain presence in the area, they might join in the fight. This will turn into World War III.

Do you think about that? No. you think about getting the fuck out instead. Well, we would be dragged right back in if Saudi Arabia were to get involved with Iran. So, might as well stay.
The Saudies?

With who's army?

The US Army!
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #96
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,957
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx
do the idiots not get the bigger picture about what happens if the U.S. leaves: ultimately the Saudis and Iran will go at it. Now, with the Turks increasingly trying to gain presence in the area, they might join in the fight. This will turn into World War III.

Do you think about that? No. you think about getting the fuck out instead. Well, we would be dragged right back in if Saudi Arabia were to get involved with Iran. So, might as well stay.


do you know the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite?
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #97
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




do you know the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite?
of course.
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx


yes, our infrastructure is much more built in in iraq. plus we just purchased a very expensive embassy there. don't expect us to emigrate anytime soon.
HAHAHAHAHA!!

Your expensive embassy got shut down because it was TOXIC.

Quote:
Poor quality construction . . . life safety issues . . . left [the embassy] with no recourse but to shut the camp down, in spite of the blistering heat in Baghdad," the May 29 cable informed Washington.

The result, the cable concluded, is that the guards will continue to stay in "tents and deplorable living conditions." Officials now say that the guard base will not be ready until Aug. 1.
anitram is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #99
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
The Saudies?

With who's army?

The US Army!
the saudi's have built up one of the strongest armies in the middle east thanks to shipments of us weapons and equipment. what do you think the saudi army gets with the us army being there? they get trained like a mother.
struckpx is offline  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #100
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 485
Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram


HAHAHAHAHA!!

Your expensive embassy got shut down because it was TOXIC.

you should check your sources again missy. it was a building in it.
__________________

struckpx is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×