the surge is working!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A_Wanderer said:
You did it in Vietnam, Lebanon, Somalia etc.

yes, our infrastructure is much more built in in iraq. plus we just purchased a very expensive embassy there. don't expect us to emigrate anytime soon.

struckpx said:

it would take years to move out of iraq. so, i don't know where you get this philosophy that we can pack it up and jet out.

Bush has left us with no good options.

as a supporter of the war, i can easily say to you, "it's your fucking fault, you figure the shit out."

but you people have been wrong about absolutely *everything* so i suppose that would cause the Iraqi people even more unspeakable suffering.

i don't know what to do, but i know the status quo is garbage, and has been since the war was conceived of way back in 2001. i do think that the more we pull back, the more the Iraqis will be forced to do something, and it might well be that there's an Arab suicide nightmare just waiting to happen, not just in Iraq but in Gaza as well.

i just don't want American kids in the middle of it.

do the idiots not get the bigger picture about what happens if the U.S. leaves: ultimately the Saudis and Iran will go at it. Now, with the Turks increasingly trying to gain presence in the area, they might join in the fight. This will turn into World War III.

Do you think about that? No. you think about getting the fuck out instead. Well, we would be dragged right back in if Saudi Arabia were to get involved with Iran. So, might as well stay.

struckpx said:

yes, our infrastructure is much more built in in iraq. plus we just purchased a very expensive embassy there. don't expect us to emigrate anytime soon.
You do know that you have systematically justified every deranged rant from the kooks at Democratic Underground and Daily Kos from the Oil to the replacing Iraqi leadership to the permanent bases.

struckpx said:
do the idiots not get the bigger picture about what happens if the U.S. leaves: ultimately the Saudis and Iran will go at it. Now, with the Turks increasingly trying to gain presence in the area, they might join in the fight. This will turn into World War III.

Do you think about that? No. you think about getting the fuck out instead. Well, we would be dragged right back in if Saudi Arabia were to get involved with Iran. So, might as well stay.
The Saudies?

With who's army?

The US Army!

struckpx said:

do you know the difference between a Sunni and a Shiite?

struckpx said:

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Your expensive embassy got shut down because it was TOXIC.

Poor quality construction . . . life safety issues . . . left [the embassy] with no recourse but to shut the camp down, in spite of the blistering heat in Baghdad," the May 29 cable informed Washington.

The result, the cable concluded, is that the guards will continue to stay in "tents and deplorable living conditions." Officials now say that the guard base will not be ready until Aug. 1.

A_Wanderer said:
The Saudies?

With who's army?

The US Army!

the saudi's have built up one of the strongest armies in the middle east thanks to shipments of us weapons and equipment. what do you think the saudi army gets with the us army being there? they get trained like a mother.

anitram said:

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Your expensive embassy got shut down because it was TOXIC.

you should check your sources again missy. it was a building in it.

Irvine511 said:

good. so i expect you'll be heading over there soon to help sort it out?

what does this have to do w/ me? the point i am making is that we will end up back there even if we leave thanks to alliances that we have.

struckpx said:

you should check your sources again missy. it was a building in it.

The only one that was actually housing people, LOL.

And don't patronize me. I don't take it well from teenage snot.

struckpx said:

what does this have to do w/ me? the point i am making is that we will end up back there even if we leave thanks to alliances that we have.

and war supporters have been right about everything else in regards to this war, so best we keep listening to you and your predictions.

struckpx said:

the saudi's have built up one of the strongest armies in the middle east thanks to shipments of us weapons and equipment. what do you think the saudi army gets with the us army being there? they get trained like a mother.
Training an army for a Monarchy that is allied with the enforcers of God shouldn't have any lasting concequences.

Irvine511 said:

and war supporters have been right about everything else in regards to this war, so best we keep listening to you and your predictions.

yes, better that than have another 9/11 or other disaster occur.

I'm just spitballin' here, but wouldn't half-assed attempts to prevent terrorism only breed more terrorism? Increasing the chances for "another 9/11"

/re-lurk

Again with the ties, a conspiracy of mainly Saudi Muslim men to commit mass murder is not prevented by going into Iraq. And the commitment to spreading freedom in the Middle East extends as far as the oil pump, fuck them.

A_Wanderer said:
Training an army for a Monarchy that is allied with the enforcers of God shouldn't have any lasting concequences.

the point is, is that if the Saudis and the Arab states (including Israel) declared war on Iran (which is likely to enter Iraq if the US decides to pull out), it would be forced to back up Israel by alliance, but also Saudi Arabia as well.

At the same time, China and Russia would support Iran with arms and maybe even military support, which could turn into a World War.

Are you not able to see the bigger picture. At least Barack Obama is, who supports the continuance of troops in Iraq.

struckpx said:

yes, better that than have another 9/11 or other disaster occur.

according to, you know, the National Intelligence Estimate, Iraq has put us in greater danger of a terrorist attack, not less.

Iraqis don't fly airplanes into buildings. however, Al-Qaeda affiliates have been having a great time being trained by Americans during the day and then blowing them up at night. we've created the perfect training center for potential terrorists. they get to practice on real American soldiers.

I'm sorry, I was just posting on a free forum.

My mistake.

I'm trying to get more informed on political issues nowadays, what better place to start than amongst my peers?

he just criticizes my comments b/c he doesn't think they are "educated." well, his are quite baloney as well. everything is liberal or it isn't worth his time of day.

I've been reading what's been going on, I think the problem is no matter what stance you choose, you don't justify them with hard evidence.

It has nothing to do with being liberal/conservative, but being a good, maybe even a master, debater.

This is going nowhere, guys...I don't understand why some of you are even bothering to keep at it; it's obvious you've already written each other off and are only getting more and more agitated.

I'll close the thread if it goes on like this, but it would be better if some people could just learn when to call it quits instead. If you feel like meaningful discussion with a certain person(s) is a lost cause, then you're probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom